Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 02:32:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Doncaster Knight Castle Pak  (Read 1588 times)

wing commander

• Forum Member
Doncaster Knight Castle Pak
« on March 25, 2024, 11:48:48 am by wing commander »
  I missed the FGR game as i went to Castle Park on a work corporate day. I've never been before and i have to say it really surprised me. Firstly there was over 2000 at the game and because they only have one big stand it was packed and created a good atmosphere. I had heard the food was good in the corporate and it didn't disappoint and was excellent.

The thing that surprised me most was after the game. At our place the place just empty's. But nobody actually went home they all just went back down the concourse and carried on drinking in a great atmosphere.Admittedly they had a far wider choice of drinks than we have with real ale available, the atomic blonde was lovely.They even do the mom interviews in the concourse and then the players come in and mingle with the fans and talk about the game.I left after a hour and a half and it was still absolutely packed.The concourse even has a carpet to make it feel less sterile.

I'm guessing that even with a third of our crowd they took 5 times the amount of beer takings than we manage at the Keepmoat/eco power. Is this because its Rugby and the rules are much more relaxed than Football or have they just got it sorted to maximise revenue.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
Re: Doncaster Knight Castle Pak
« Reply #1 on March 25, 2024, 12:10:37 pm by Sprotyrover »
They don’t have the clientele that football attracts which is a big help!

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 25, 2024, 12:17:24 pm by Draytonian III »
A lot more of the Rovers supporters are under the age of 18 than at a the rugby.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 25, 2024, 12:31:43 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
There's a good number of Rovers fans attend the post match hospitality, Mom presentations in the East Stand, and like me, indulge in a post match pint and debrief in the Belle Vue Bar. The other advantage is the traffic dispersing.whilst sat in the bar.   
(Another occasional advantage is free pies on offer that would otherwise go to waste)

There's nothing stopping folk doing the same.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 25, 2024, 01:38:58 pm by VivaRovers »

Nothing stopping... but the quality of the beer at the Eco Power was always a very active deterrent to me hanging about inside the ground any longer than was necessary.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 25, 2024, 03:04:37 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Well, there's plenty who enjoy a pint before the game and it's just the same after!! Madri is quite a popular pint is it not?

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 25, 2024, 03:09:29 pm by graingrover »
I bet the match day activities last weekend must have been fun ..the Dons are doing this full matchday programmes with Junior teams playing in the mornings before fordtvteqm  matches plus Club Doncaster Foundztion activities .

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 25, 2024, 03:13:06 pm by ForsolongaRover »
The concept of “club” is surely pivotal. Rugby Union was more recently an amateur sport where the team represented the club and a lot of those that were there on match days were members, often players and former players at various levels within the club, and others with that kind of association at a social level. So they would naturally relate to and know the players. It is significant I suppose that the VSC is a separate entity to the football “club”

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 25, 2024, 05:11:15 pm by Colin C No.3 »

Nothing stopping... but the quality of the beer at the Eco Power was always a very active deterrent to me hanging about inside the ground any longer than was necessary.

Plus the shocking service (West Stand) would exasperate a nun Glen.

3 people in front of my brother at half time & clearly the guy serving had some physical/mental issues (according to my brother’s account & he wasn’t telling me this in a condescending manner) & was clearly ‘struggling’ to serve. The ‘supervisor’ stood watching when the pump he was serving from ran off.

He left his position with half a glass of beer in his hand to (my brother assumed) change the barrel.

No one stepped into his place with the effect that my brother & the 3 would be punters left the kiosk having spent £0.

Glad that all who attended The Dons had such a good pre & post match experience.

Anything to do with them being seated by the corporate area purchance?

From the West Stand it sometimes feels like standing with your nosed pressed against the window watching & wondering how the rich folk are enjoying their day & if any of them went to any games during our Conference years.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 25, 2024, 06:10:22 pm by scawsby steve »
  I missed the FGR game as i went to Castle Park on a work corporate day. I've never been before and i have to say it really surprised me. Firstly there was over 2000 at the game and because they only have one big stand it was packed and created a good atmosphere. I had heard the food was good in the corporate and it didn't disappoint and was excellent.

The thing that surprised me most was after the game. At our place the place just empty's. But nobody actually went home they all just went back down the concourse and carried on drinking in a great atmosphere.Admittedly they had a far wider choice of drinks than we have with real ale available, the atomic blonde was lovely.They even do the mom interviews in the concourse and then the players come in and mingle with the fans and talk about the game.I left after a hour and a half and it was still absolutely packed.The concourse even has a carpet to make it feel less sterile.

I'm guessing that even with a third of our crowd they took 5 times the amount of beer takings than we manage at the Keepmoat/eco power. Is this because its Rugby and the rules are much more relaxed than Football or have they just got it sorted to maximise revenue.

WC, have you got the phone number of the lovely atomic blonde? It sounds like I might have a chance there.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 25, 2024, 07:36:04 pm by Draytonian III »
I bet the car park at Castle Park was full of 4x4s and Audis

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 25, 2024, 08:13:46 pm by ravenrover »

WC, have you got the phone number of the lovely atomic blonde? It sounds like I might have a chance there.
Probably a NY number give her a call SS but she might keep you hanging on the telephone but she won't tell you your hair is beautiful even if it used to be :-))

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 25, 2024, 08:46:45 pm by Donnywolf »

Ms Atomic Blonde
C/o Don Valley Brewery & Tap
400 yards past Sandtoft Transport Museum
600 yards short of Sandtoft Airport
Sandtoft

Or Don Valley Brewery Bar
The Wool Market
Doncaster

Hope this helps.

Big difference in price between the 2 but that's offset unless you live in Sandtoft as you have to drive to Brewery

Hope this helps

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 26, 2024, 03:16:21 pm by Metalmicky »

Do they still do food on the concourse...?  I haven't been for a while, but they used to do a cracking pie, peas and gravy at reasonable cost.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 26, 2024, 04:52:35 pm by wing commander »
  Yes, the cow pie was absolutely lovely. They have certainly got a good system going to maximise their revenue.

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 26, 2024, 04:53:25 pm by DMnumber4 »
Rovers, Knights & Races all within the space of 3 miles and all kicked off within an hour of each other on Saturday.

There's only so many punters to go round...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012