Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 09:34:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: What a win that was  (Read 2984 times)

deebee

• Forum Member
What a win that was
« on March 29, 2024, 05:03:13 pm by deebee »
But we made very hard work of it, some awful misses. Glad we defended well and got the 3 points. Another terrible ref hough.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: What a win that was
« Reply #1 on March 29, 2024, 05:05:35 pm by Chris Black come back »
Anderson needs counselling. What on earth was he thinking? What was going through his mind? Beyond irresponsible.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 29, 2024, 05:06:29 pm by pib »
He got there as soon as he could!

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 29, 2024, 05:11:21 pm by graingrover »
True is should have been 0-4 but what a gritty performance throughout the team .T’was the sort of tackle you would expect from Tom if he were to stumble out the Sal after a skinful .
Well done lads all of yer!

Butchers Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 29, 2024, 05:11:31 pm by Butchers Red »
Best away performance from Rovers I've ever seen - against a VERY good side we outfought, out muscled, out blocked, out believed them. Awesome.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 29, 2024, 05:15:16 pm by Donnywolf »
Anderson needs counselling. What on earth was he thinking? What was going through his mind? Beyond irresponsible.

True , what was he thinking of. Fair enough if he denied a DOGSO but to do that 65 yards from goal must have needed a "rush of blood"

Broadband surely just needed to roll it square for 2-0 but ffs that was a great and deserved win

COYR

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 29, 2024, 05:18:22 pm by Avsuptem »
The 2nd half was tough on my nerves but this was compensated for by half the Crawley team doing headless chicken impersonations.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 29, 2024, 05:19:10 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

True , what was he thinking of. Fair enough if he denied a DOGSO but to do that 65 yards from goal must have needed a "rush of blood"

Broadband surely just needed to roll it square for 2-0 but ffs that was a great and deserved win

COYR

Got his wireless crossed.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 29, 2024, 05:19:44 pm by drfchound »

COYR

Broadband possibly didn’t pick up the signal for the square pass.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 29, 2024, 05:20:14 pm by Copps is Magic »
We won despite some howling misses, some howling tackles and some howling decision-making from our players. It really is a mental test lower league football.*

*(but I enjoyed it)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 29, 2024, 05:21:38 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I've never seen a refereeing decision like the one where he gave the free kick for Anderson's red card offence.

He'd played on for 30 seconds, they'd launched an attack and the play had moved on by 70 yards. Then he decided there was no advantage.

Shocking refereeing.

moses

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 29, 2024, 05:21:57 pm by moses »
To be fair to Brodbent Max was in front of him and would have been offside.
Though am not sure he actually looked across.
What a gane though. Really enjoyed that.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 07:05:18 pm by moses »

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 29, 2024, 05:23:47 pm by Copps is Magic »
I've never seen a refereeing decision like the one where he gave the free kick for Anderson's red card offence.

He'd played on for 30 seconds, they'd launched an attack and the play had moved on by 70 yards. Then he decided there was no advantage.

Shocking refereeing.

I thought it was a 'bad' yellow card. Not a red.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 29, 2024, 05:25:39 pm by drfchound »

Shocking refereeing.

No worse than the foul on Craig in the first half IMO.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 29, 2024, 05:26:15 pm by GazLaz »
Great win. Tough place to go and holding on with 10 is a great sign.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 29, 2024, 05:31:59 pm by scawsby steve »
Massive win and 3 points. After that unbelievable miss by Max, he even nearly missed an easier chance with the goal, as he scuffed the shot.

However, I still want to see him at the Eco next season. Along with Hacks and TLT if possible.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 29, 2024, 05:34:16 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Shocking refereeing.

Agreed. It was an awfully timed professional foul, but in no way dangerous. Can't complain because it was so late, but I'd expected a "yellow and absolutely final warning" decision.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 29, 2024, 05:35:35 pm by Chris Black come back »
It was a terrible tackle. Brain dead.

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 29, 2024, 05:36:54 pm by Northants Nomad »

Shocking refereeing.

Just look at the historical red card record of this ref and assess his overall performance in the game and I'm afraid a red card was inevitable. Remember in the same incident he played on with a long advantage, let them complete their attack from where the foul was right into our box etc, then went to Tom, sent him off, then dragged it back to the half way line for the foul. You can't play on for 60 seconds and then wind it back....it's not rugby union...but this guy did. Remember he was also the ref for our Stockport mauling so he's not exactly a lucky omen.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 29, 2024, 05:41:57 pm by pib »
It was a really bizarre piece of refereeing.

I know refs technically can play advantage then show a red card, but it’s really uncommon and not something I can recall seeing many times, if ever. Especially such a long advantage.

Pulling it back to the half way line was a really odd one though.

Like others, I thought it was a really poor challenge but would’ve got away with a yellow with a more lenient ref.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on March 29, 2024, 05:47:58 pm by dickos1 »

You’ve made half a dozen comments on today’s game and not one has been a positive one. After a performance like that.
I think you’re the one needing counselling

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 29, 2024, 05:53:00 pm by donnievic »
Definitely a red but don’t know how he can bring it back for a free kick when giving them a good 30second advantage

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 29, 2024, 05:54:25 pm by Avsuptem »
A bit harsh for a red imho, it's not as if the player was in a goal scoring position nor was it a bone breaker, just late, but I think Big Tom might have known exactly what he was doing and was confident that the ref would play advantage and he would only get a yellow.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on March 29, 2024, 05:55:18 pm by Bentley Bullet »
We're officially now safe from relegation!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on March 29, 2024, 05:56:32 pm by Chris Black come back »
But we made very hard work of it, some awful misses. Glad we defended well and got the 3 points. Another terrible ref hough.

It wasn’t easy to judge whether we made them look average or they were just average. It’s hard to say they had a standout player and they didn’t really have more than what, one or two genuine chances? Their keeper looked suspect with his feet from the outset. They went through a phase in first half of winning ball quite deep and running into good space in front of our back line.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on March 29, 2024, 05:57:27 pm by Chris Black come back »
A bit harsh for a red imho, it's not as if the player was in a goal scoring position nor was it a bone breaker, just late, but I think Big Tom might have known exactly what he was doing and was confident that the ref would play advantage and he would only get a yellow.

McCann also thought it was a yellow card.

moses

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on March 29, 2024, 05:59:03 pm by moses »
I think Tom saw the chance to ‘do’ him in his own half and took it. Less chance of a red normally.

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on March 29, 2024, 06:03:08 pm by RoversInSpain »
Daft and unnecessary comment, considering how we’ve defended the last 11 games.
Though I do think the time is ready to replace him next season (sadly)

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on March 29, 2024, 07:01:54 pm by danumdon »
Poor decision, it was late granted but not dangerous, more clumsy. What the ref did with the advantage was bizarre but not expected from an official like him. Not competent.

Massive game for us though and a well earned win. Keep going lads.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on March 29, 2024, 07:10:27 pm by scawsby steve »
Daft and unnecessary comment, considering how we’ve defended the last 11 games.
Though I do think the time is ready to replace him next season (sadly)

He's just 30 years old, still under contract, and is playing his best football for quite some time. Why on Earth would we want to replace him?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012