Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:18:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: A ticketing idea until the end of the season?  (Read 2811 times)

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
So with grants rally for fans to turn up and get behind the team, can/would the club be in a position to offer £10 adult tickets/£5 kids tickets for every home game until the season end or at least mathematically impossible for us to make the play offs?

Surely any difference could be made back up at the club shop or in the concourse. 

Seems like we have an opportunity to get bums on seats and possibly pull people in next year too, the club could use this to push more sales

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: A ticketing idea until the end of the season?
« Reply #1 on March 31, 2024, 10:40:35 am by Campsall rover »
So with grants rally for fans to turn up and get behind the team, can/would the club be in a position to offer £10 adult tickets/£5 kids tickets for every home game until the season end or at least mathematically impossible for us to make the play offs?

Surely any difference could be made back up at the club shop or in the concourse. 

Seems like we have an opportunity to get bums on seats and possibly pull people in next year too, the club could use this to push more sales
Need to sell a lot of Merchandise to make up the shortfall. Shop isn’t big enough to get enough bodies in to spend their money  ;)

Having said that I think it isn’t a bad idea AOTN
Could do it for the last two home games maybe both on Saturdays v Accrington & Barrow.
Might not bring in too many more on a Tues eve v Walsall ( Wed being a school day ) would that bring in many more fans. I don’t know.

More bums on seats the better though. A really noisy Eco Power would be a massive boost to the players.

If they did do it then it needs marketing big time.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 31, 2024, 10:55:03 am by ravenrover »
Would season ticket holders be very happy about that especially Cat A ?

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 31, 2024, 10:59:14 am by Spud »

Personally, it wouldn't bother me for what games are left. I'd love to see some big crowds as long as they get behind the team.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 31, 2024, 11:00:00 am by Campsall rover »
Well I am not bothered.
Season tickets are not expensive. Especially with the Covid discount. As an over 60’s it’s less than £9.00 a game.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 31, 2024, 11:00:37 am by mushRTID »

Personally, it wouldn't bother me for what games are left. I'd love to see some big crowds as long as they get behind the team.

Exactly this. I just want to see the club on the up again and good crowds back. I’m not bothered if people pay less than I have for it. We’ve got to build on this momentum.

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 31, 2024, 11:04:22 am by Arsenal Of The North »
I’m a cat a season ticket holder I want the club to do as well as possible, so if that means flogging a few cheap tickets back end of the year, it doesn’t bother me personally, I obviously don’t speak for the rest of the season ticket holders.

I would much rather see a full house and me feel a tiny bit hard done by (hardly with the season ticket prices) than a half empty one, if it meant the players get spurred on by 1000 more fans

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 31, 2024, 11:13:03 am by Bessie Red »
I dont think season ticket holders would be bothered if a reduced price only applied to 2 or 3 games. The benefit of having a larger crowd behind the team would be helpful moving forward, as some younger ones may get the bug and badger their parents for saeson tickets next season. Get em young, get em for life!!

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 31, 2024, 12:25:44 pm by roversdude »
Cat A ST holder I’d be all for it

curley

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 31, 2024, 12:50:04 pm by curley »
Might be a good time to invite Doncaster & district Boys & Girls teams for a freebie.

Ryaldinhio

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 31, 2024, 01:01:25 pm by Ryaldinhio »
Cat A ST holder and I wouldn't be bothered.

Personally I think they should give free tickets out to school kids and young football teams etc. Get some of the empty seats filled and encourage young ones to come and the parents with them.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 31, 2024, 01:24:54 pm by idler »
I agree with all of the above. I can’t get to as many games as I used to but still buy a season ticket. Let’s get as many as possible in for the last few games. It all adds to the budget for the coming season and might persuade one or two fans to get a season ticket next time.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 31, 2024, 02:38:06 pm by roversdude »
Reduce it by a pound for every game we win

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 31, 2024, 05:03:10 pm by GazLaz »
Question. How many points would having a full house every week be worth over just getting our standard attendances? Interesting one.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 31, 2024, 05:40:02 pm by danumdon »
The thing is we should be in a position to do something like this. We have the size of stadium that can accommodate this type of initiative and any game would be the better for it.

Im a season ticket holder and i've no issues whatsoever if they give 5k away, (even for all the remaining home games)the fact the ground would be buzzing would benefit us and the players massively.

The goodwill and follow through to next season would also be a big win for the club.

May just be the last cog in place to ensure we have every chance to succeed.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 31, 2024, 06:07:01 pm by Nudga »
No reason why we can't do what Crawley did for the last two home games.

Dabbermoo

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 31, 2024, 06:09:29 pm by Dabbermoo »
Quid a kid would be great also with it being the school holidays, guarantee they always want something to eat and drink so the food sales would be up.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 31, 2024, 06:22:19 pm by Chris Black come back »
You either have to offer the discount to away fans, or get permission from away club to offer the discount to home supporters only. This plus the dead weight loss (unlikely that we would accrue new revenue beyond that which we are discounting people who were already going to come) means we will be likely laying out a significant sum, probably for an extra couple hundred max of new home supporters, and pending first point, could just be encouraging more away fans (cf. us all at Crawley).

Sounds a great idea in theory, in practice lot more complicated.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 31, 2024, 10:18:42 pm by roversdude »
Not lose much revenue against Accrington

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 01, 2024, 01:30:43 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Yes, it' would be good to drop prices for the remaining home games but, match tickets will have already been sold to home and away fans.

Plus, if we were to lose the next game, then the remaining games won't be attractive even at a knock down prices.

IF we manage to keep the dream alive, then for those who are genuinely interested, the current prices aren't exactly prohibitive are they? People will come if there's a chance of a 'I was there' moment even without discounted tickets. 

In the box

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 01, 2024, 09:40:39 am by In the box »

Surly an empty seat costs more by just being empty . Any value £10 or £5 is a profit when it breaks brings in potential supporter !

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 01, 2024, 09:56:12 am by Campsall rover »

Surly an empty seat costs more by just being empty . Any value £10 or £5 is a profit when it breaks brings in potential supporter !
Correct but all those that would have paid £22 or £19 or whatever the match day price is for their age or ground category, there is then a considerable loss of revenue if they only pay £10
Children under 12 is £5.00 at normal price.

So it’s a balancing act regarding revenue. 

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 01, 2024, 10:54:55 am by graingrover »
I think that since Club Doncaster has done so much to foster support to clubs and associations in the community they could use that network to sell tickets to home games of all three clubs.It is a marketing ploy known as piggy back that has been a proven success for decades.

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 01, 2024, 11:07:58 am by Jimmydee »
Under 13s have to be accompanied by an adult, so maybe offering cheap tickets to kids will bring a few extra adults with them.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 10, 2024, 03:52:03 pm by mushRTID »
Cant believe the club aren't doing anything on this.

If we beat Accrington surely try and fill the ground for Barrow? At this rate, that could be a huge game.

Have we had a quid a kid game this season? I thought clubs were allowed to do a couple of them.

DRFCTom

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 10, 2024, 04:08:48 pm by DRFCTom »
Does seem a bit crazy to me that nothing has been advertised or offered? Can SM answer why ?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 10, 2024, 04:11:15 pm by normal rules »
How’s about giving season ticket holders who turn up To a game a free ticket for a guest.

Juddy

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on April 10, 2024, 04:48:57 pm by Juddy »
Good idea with the freebies or perhaps a half price ticket available to season ticket holders to bring a mate

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 10, 2024, 07:02:55 pm by silent majority »
Does seem a bit crazy to me that nothing has been advertised or offered? Can SM answer why ?

Traditional advertising doesn't work, and costs a small fortune. The club is very busy in the community and history shows that promoting games within their community network, and through the foundation, has been good and achieves good results.

But its a complicated scenario. The theory is that you want to attract people who would be new to the club and with a chance of them becoming regular visitors/attendees/supporters. If you or I are having that advert in our faces then its not achieving what its set out to achieve, we're already attending so its wasted on us.

And, as Ive pointed out in another thread, if you make it dirt cheap or even free you will attract some, but you won't see them when the prices return to normal. That's just disappointing.

No doubt the club have promotions up their sleeves, and I'll check to see if there's anything special planned, but it might not be what people are looking for.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 10, 2024, 07:07:04 pm by drfcsteve »
I don’t see how we’re losing out even if people only come for one game if it’s cheap. The alternative is empty seats and less people spending in the stadium.Obviously it would be better if they became regulars but I don’t think we need to be picky, it’s not like seats are at a premium, there’s thousands free every game.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012