Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 09:31:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Commentary - full match replay  (Read 1334 times)

philsky

• Forum Member
Commentary - full match replay
« on April 03, 2024, 02:34:55 pm by philsky »

The full match replay available on ifollow has the Wrexham commentary only. No option to switch to Home commentary,

Given the nature of the match I wonder if everyone else has this issue or if the Home option is available.

Cheers

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Commentary - full match replay
« Reply #1 on April 03, 2024, 07:23:13 pm by PDX_Rover »
Does it have subtitles?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 03, 2024, 07:48:17 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 03, 2024, 07:59:58 pm by Jimmydee »
Does it have subtitles?

Yes, there was Mr. J. Ironside Mr.Z.Westbrook’s, Mr J. McGrath and Mr.T. Rowe.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 03, 2024, 10:59:33 pm by dknward2 »

The full match replay available on ifollow has the Wrexham commentary only. No option to switch to Home commentary,

Given the nature of the match I wonder if everyone else has this issue or if the Home option is available.

Cheers

Same for me

Enjoying the extra replays from extra angles

South East Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 04, 2024, 12:17:54 am by South East Rover »

Cheers
[/quot

Option to switch is at the bottom right hand side, click on what looks like a cog, you can pick which commentary you want Home or Away.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 04, 2024, 12:43:07 am by dknward2 »
Not an option on mine

South East Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 04, 2024, 01:05:34 am by South East Rover »
Option to switch is at the bottom right hand side, click on what looks like a cog, you can pick which commentary you want Home or Away,  start video click on the cog and click Audio  :)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 01:12:50 am by South East Rover »

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 04, 2024, 09:46:58 am by graingrover »
The camera work on the Welsh version is poor and jerky .

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 04, 2024, 11:07:14 am by ForsolongaRover »
I can’t say that I thought the home commentary was always a commentary as such. A great deal of time was spent by the Co-commentator eulogising about the current players, the club, the manager, everything, apart from what was happening on the pitch. He overdid it rather to the point of becoming irritating to me and seemingly failing to acknowledge that Wrexham made it really competitive towards the end.

Perhaps he was put up as the antidote to Peter Catt.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 04, 2024, 03:26:29 pm by pib »
Home commentary version now available: https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/ifollow/latest-videos/

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 04, 2024, 04:11:38 pm by Avsuptem »
I can’t say that I thought the home commentary was always a commentary as such. A great deal of time was spent by the Co-commentator eulogising about the current players, the club, the manager, everything, apart from what was happening on the pitch. He overdid it rather to the point of becoming irritating to me and seemingly failing to acknowledge that Wrexham made it really competitive towards the end.

I thought exactly the same thing although Robbie Andrews is normally a brilliant commentator. Our very own Kenneth Wolstenholm

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 05, 2024, 07:26:59 am by Chris Black come back »
Robbie does a great job. When it is terrible he calls it out. He’s very good.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 05, 2024, 10:33:39 am by ForsolongaRover »

I thought exactly the same thing although Robbie Andrews is normally a brilliant commentator. Our very own Kenneth Wolstenholm

I certainly rate Robbie too, but he failed to control his colleague on this occasion. It is very frustrating if it is just a sound commentary without the video. Comment needs to be directly related to what is happening on the pitch. You do not pay for general discussion when there is action to describe. Hoden is not as good as Robbie, but he has improved, so that he remembers to tell you where the ball is on the pitch now.

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 05, 2024, 11:32:08 am by rover-n-out »
When you think about it, commentating on a game with audio only must be quite an art form, getting your views across clearly and succinctly to a radio only audience and creating an image in people's minds as to what's happening on the pitch must take some doing. I've heard some really good commentators and some that really don't realise that they have a duty to let their radio listeners SEE the game.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 05, 2024, 11:50:56 am by GazLaz »

I certainly rate Robbie too, but he failed to control his colleague on this occasion. It is very frustrating if it is just a sound commentary without the video. Comment needs to be directly related to what is happening on the pitch. You do not pay for general discussion when there is action to describe. Hoden is not as good as Robbie, but he has improved, so that he remembers to tell you where the ball is on the pitch now.

Robbie is good I think, Mat was annoying at times on tho co-com though I though.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 05, 2024, 11:56:25 am by pib »
Audio and visual commentary are completely different art forms. Clive Tyldesley produced quite a lot of insightful content about it during lockdown. It must be difficult when you are catering for both audiences simultaneously when commentating on iFollow. You have to paint the picture for the audio listeners, but too much of that can become grating when you can see the images for yourself.

Robbie does a good job and certainly made watching matches during lockdown a less miserable experience.

South East Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 05, 2024, 04:13:21 pm by South East Rover »
When it was just audio I pitched in my head kicking the same way all match !!

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 06, 2024, 09:39:49 am by graingrover »
As I could view the game the commentary of the kit man was good to listen to but the audio only version must have been irritating.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012