Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 04:59:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Wrexham fans  (Read 1854 times)

Prez

• VSC Member
Wrexham fans
« on April 03, 2024, 05:15:41 pm by Prez »
I know the Wrexham as a club had divided the football community because of their owners, but to be fair after reading alot of their fans posts on various social media after last night i wish them well.

Alot of them have been very complimenting towards us, on the ground saying its a great stadium, the catering and of course the result saying it was fully deserved. Seem a good bunch.

Hope they go up so we can play them next season!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
Re: Wrexham fans
« Reply #1 on April 03, 2024, 05:27:07 pm by turnbull for england »
Looked on their forum today and have to agree, also worth pointing out how good the navigation and layout of our forum is in comparison, was like trying to work ceefax with cookies on theirs!

Petche

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 03, 2024, 05:36:21 pm by Petche »
The only comments I've read on social media have been quite the opposite, condescending to the extreme about how it was unacceptable that they struggled against a lower/mid table team etc....

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 03, 2024, 05:50:01 pm by German Rover »
I know a couple of Wrexham fans, been fans for years. I wish Wrexham nothing but the best.

The town is very similar to Doncaster, a working class town that has seen better days.

There is alot of jealously because of the new ownership and the money they have put into the club, but the lads I know are happy while it continues.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 03, 2024, 06:15:24 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Would agree with the comments above on what I've seen too and on some YouTube vlogs after the game. Definitely recognition we were better on the night and complimentary about us as fans and the stadium.

Also,  an interesting insight from over the pond on Wrexhams following and the Americans education about English football. In addition, not all yanks support Wrexham.

This guy follows English football as well as his own team in the US. Over hear learning the culture.

https://youtu.be/2T8jGU0h3dY?si=smuYKa_37OFiTdq2

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 03, 2024, 06:25:56 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I don't wish Wrexham any harm as a club or a set of fans. I can see many parallels with us.

But I despise the At Home With The Wrexhams concept with every bone in my f**king body.

It is everything that is wrong with 21st Century top flight football, distilled, condensed and injected into lower tier football.

"Football as inevitable victory against the odds" drama (sic) packaged up as faux emotion for product consumers who haven't got a f**king clue.

Thank f**k we beat the beast yesterday. But it's only a chapter in Wrexham The Story. f**k them. I want nothing to do with it and I'd never ever watch the Rovers again if it happened to us.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2024, 06:39:32 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 03, 2024, 06:38:43 pm by mushRTID »
I don't wish Wrexham any harm as a club or a set of fans. I can see many parallels with us.

But I despise the At Home With The Wrexhams concept with every bone in my f**king body.

It is everything that is wrong with 21st Century top flight football, distilled, condensed and injected into lower tier football.

"Football as inevitable victory" drama (sic) packaged up as faux emotion for product consumers who haven't got a f**king clue.

Thank f**k we beat the beast yesterday. But it's only a chapter in Wrexham The Story. f**k them. I want nothing to do with it and I'd never ever watch the Rovers again if it happened to us.

lol I bet you would!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 03, 2024, 06:40:10 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

"Football as inevitable victory" drama (sic) packaged up as faux emotion for product consumers who haven't got a f**king clue.

lol I bet you would!

I f**king guarantee you I wouldn't.

Football means far more to me than winning.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 03, 2024, 06:52:44 pm by Sprotyrover »

lol I bet you would!

I f**king guarantee you I wouldn't.

Football means far more to me than winning.
Chuffing heck that’s summed up most of us long term supporters, you have to bel that football is more important than winning if you have supported Rovers for over 25 years!

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 03, 2024, 06:54:46 pm by Branton Rover »
I must say I was pleased when they came up. Ignoring all the show business stuff they are a proper club with a big history as a league club. Unlike Forest Green, Sutton, Crawley & Harrogate etc who are non league clubs playing in the football league.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 03, 2024, 07:12:36 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I must say I was pleased when they came up. Ignoring all the show business stuff they are a proper club with a big history as a league club. Unlike Forest Green, Sutton, Crawley & Harrogate etc who are non league clubs playing in the football league.

The beauty of football is it's very humbling as there's always a bigger fish and sometimes smaller fish with a nasty bite. I'm sure the more mature Wrexham fans know what it's all about but, let them enjoy the ride.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 03, 2024, 10:25:28 pm by Colin C No.3 »

"Football as inevitable victory against the odds" drama (sic) packaged up as faux emotion for product consumers who haven't got a f**king clue.

Did you ever manage to sell that caravan in Llandudno?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 04, 2024, 09:21:42 am by ravenrover »
A girl once asked me why I had LUDO tattoed on my old man,, I showed her why it was actually LLANDUDNO......... old ones still the best

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 04, 2024, 09:24:46 am by BillyStubbsTears »
A girl once asked me why I had LUDO tattoed on my old man,, I showed her why it was actually LLANDUDNO......... old ones still the best

Got LLOCH on mine.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 04, 2024, 09:57:22 am by Bentley Bullet »
A girl once asked me why I had PTN tattooed on mine. Soon she could see it was actually PRESTATYN.......... She said, "I've never seen one with instructions on it before."
« Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 10:23:29 am by Bentley Bullet »

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 04, 2024, 11:07:24 am by TonySoprano »
I pity them to be honest.

Seems like the soul has been ripped out of their club, and they feel just as plastic as mk dons.

I wouldn't enjoy it if it happened to us, imagine sitting with a bunch of band wagon jumpers every game, with accents from all over. Who will soon disappear when the bubble bursts.

Not for me, much prefer moaning about old terry.

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 04, 2024, 04:24:30 pm by Avsuptem »

This post makes me think of the Satdy afternoon wrestling we used to watch on World of Sport followed by the footy results and Doctor Who. Admittedly there was a bit of faking it but those guys were hard as nails and much of the action was brutally genuine unlike the modern play acting clowns that we see on the wrestling now.
I watched Barry Canon v Adrian Streets live at the Corn Exchange spend 5 rounds chucking each other out of the ring. Nothing faux emotion about that.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 04, 2024, 06:08:28 pm by roversdude »
In the main they have a decent set of fans

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 04, 2024, 07:23:21 pm by Campsall rover »
In the main they have a decent set of fans
I think they do. There is always a small minority of idiots at nearly all clubs.

They are or at least WERE a proper football club before Hollywood took over and have turned them into a bit of a circus act.

They do have quite a large & very loyal band of fans who support them through thick and thin.

I went to watch them play at Harrogate Town on a cold February night a few years ago 2019 I think, it was pre Covid that I can remember in the National League.  Wrexham were around 11/12th in the league at the time and they brought a full allocation of 750 fans. If they had more tickets they would probably have had more there.

For the size of the Town they have always been one of the best supported lower league clubs.

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 04, 2024, 07:34:07 pm by Jimmydee »
I went on a drunken weekend away to Bangor and asked for a tattoo on mine to remind me of the good memories, the tattooist printed Banger by mistake and it’s been like a chipolata ever since.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012