Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:41:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ryan Reynold's Viewing Habits.  (Read 1711 times)

mugnapper

• Forum Member
Ryan Reynold's Viewing Habits.
« on April 11, 2024, 02:16:08 pm by mugnapper »
https://www.independent.co.uk/tv/sport/ryan-reynolds-films-welcome-to-wrexham-b2526454.html

Oddly, there's no mention as to how he watched the previous Tuesday's game.
I'd guess from behind a cushion whilst having a box of tissues handy.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 02:18:17 pm by mugnapper »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Ryan Reynold's Viewing Habits.
« Reply #1 on April 11, 2024, 02:34:01 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
A true supporter gives their heart to a football club. But here's the key. YOU don't choose IT.

IT chooses YOU.

Usually at an impressionable age when you first go to a match at night in winter and you feel and hear the physicality of the game and see the elegance and the committment of those who transcend the efforts of the opposition. You feel the emotion of grown adults around you, temporarily let off the leash and expressing hope and disappointment and pain and ecstacy.

You don't understand it, but you know that you want that experience. With this thing that has found you. This thing that is YOUR club.

THAT is how fans are made.

Or, you can, as one report puts it "search the world for a sports team to invest in. A team with a story, a community, and a potential to blossom" and "find Wrexham which ticks all the boxes."

Then you can try and understand the feeling of being a true fan.

But you never ever will.

Because a true fan doesn't search for a club to love. It's found BY the club and becomes a part of it from necessity, not choice.

Plastic t**ts.

Petche

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 11, 2024, 02:45:00 pm by Petche »
A true supporter gives their heart to a football club. But here's the key. YOU don't choose IT.

IT chooses YOU.

Usually at an impressionable age when you first go to a match at night in winter and you feel and hear the physicality of the game and see the elegance and the committment of those who transcend the efforts of the opposition. You feel the emotion of grown adults around you, temporarily let off the leash and expressing hope and disappointment and pain and ecstacy.

You don't understand it, but you know that you want that experience. With this thing that has found you. This thing that is YOUR club.

Or, you can, as one report puts it "search the world for a sports team to invest in. A team with a story, a community, and a potential to blossom" and "find Wrexham which ticks all the boxes."

But you never ever will.

Because a true fan doesn't search for a club to love. It's found BY the club and becomes a part of it from necessity, not choice.

Plastic t**ts.

Brilliantly put, that's exactly how I found my team (or they found me)!

mugnapper

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 11, 2024, 03:23:05 pm by mugnapper »
I have to say, that when we moved to Donny in 1969, there wasn't much to do for anyone, let alone a 7 year old with no mates, and living less than a mile from Belle Vue, it was a no brainer that I'd gravitate there.
I think entry was a shilling (5p) and entry to the Cowshed was sixpence (2 1/2p) if I felt the need to kick the toecaps out of my shoes.
If the first sight of the lush, green pitch after I climbed the slope from the turnstile hadn't got me hooked for life, the buzz of the crowd and the smell of the secondary fag smoke certainly did.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 11, 2024, 04:43:00 pm by danumdon »
I have to say, that when we moved to Donny in 1969, there wasn't much to do for anyone, let alone a 7 year old with no mates, and living less than a mile from Belle Vue, it was a no brainer that I'd gravitate there.
I think entry was a shilling (5p) and entry to the Cowshed was sixpence (2 1/2p) if I felt the need to kick the toecaps out of my shoes.
If the first sight of the lush, green pitch after I climbed the slope from the turnstile hadn't got me hooked for life, the buzz of the crowd and the smell of the secondary fag smoke certainly did.

Fag smoke, liniment and dodgy burgers, marvellous!!

I must admit as a young kid living in Hyde Park we used to go down and peek through the gap in the big red exit gate on the pop side, it was the sight of the lush grass and the baying crowd that hooked me.

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 11, 2024, 05:21:27 pm by ChrisBx »
Cannot stand the circus that's going on at Wrexham. f**k 'em.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 11, 2024, 05:25:53 pm by Nudga »

IT chooses YOU.

But you never ever will.

Plastic t**ts.

Beautifully put.

And as a young boy who had taken beatings from a bas**rd of a step dad between the age of 4 and 9 and growing up in near on poverty, The Rovers found me and gave me something to hold on to and gave me a chance to escape all of that for a few hours.
I was absolutely hooked to the point of being obsessed by The Rovers and football in general.
I honestly believe that the escapism through football and being with my mates saved me from taking a different path in life.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 11, 2024, 08:13:37 pm by scawsby steve »

IT chooses YOU.

But you never ever will.

Plastic t**ts.

Beautifully put.

And as a young boy who had taken beatings from a bas**rd of a step dad between the age of 4 and 9 and growing up in near on poverty, The Rovers found me and gave me something to hold on to and gave me a chance to escape all of that for a few hours.
I was absolutely hooked to the point of being obsessed by The Rovers and football in general.
I honestly believe that the escapism through football and being with my mates saved me from taking a different path in life.

Total empathy from me, Nudga. My dad would rather thrash me than take me anywhere, and it was my uncle who started taking me to the Rovers, God bless his soul.

I've a lot to be thankful to him for.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 11, 2024, 08:18:06 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

IT chooses YOU.

But you never ever will.

Plastic t**ts.

Beautifully put.

Amen Nudga. YOU know what it means in a way that a man looking for a business venture to invest in cannot.

What I don't understand is just how many thick and mince Kitsons there are out there who buy the fake emotion of At Home With The Wrexhams.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 11, 2024, 08:49:50 pm by Nudga »

IT chooses YOU.

But you never ever will.

Plastic t**ts.

Beautifully put.

Total empathy from me, Nudga. My dad would rather thrash me than take me anywhere, and it was my uncle who started taking me to the Rovers, God bless his soul.

One of my proudest moments was when this bas**rd child abuser had his mates around for beers, he was showing off and goading me to hit him.
Boy did I take that chance, 9 year old me punched him with 5 years of hurt and hatred full on square on the nose.
First the tears came out his eyes, then blood trickled out of his nose.

Mind you, I bloody well paid for that when his mates went home but it was worth every kick, stamp and punch he gave me.

Anyway, me and my mates used to wash cars on a Saturday morning so that we'd have enough money to watch Donny in the afternoon.
Always remember walking from Balby to Belle Vue and pass The Park Hotel and take in the smell of ale and the noise of the donny lads in there.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 11, 2024, 08:56:49 pm by Filo »

IT chooses YOU.

But you never ever will.

Plastic t**ts.

Beautifully put.

One of my proudest moments was when this bas**rd child abuser had his mates around for beers, he was showing off and goading me to hit him.
Boy did I take that chance, 9 year old me punched him with 5 years of hurt and hatred full on square on the nose.
First the tears came out his eyes, then blood trickled out of his nose.

Mind you, I bloody well paid for that when his mates went home but it was worth every kick, stamp and punch he gave me.

Anyway, me and my mates used to wash cars on a Saturday morning so that we'd have enough money to watch Donny in the afternoon.
Always remember walking from Balby to Belle Vue and pass The Park Hotel and take in the smell of ale and the noise of the donny lads in there.

Horrific, makes me grateful that my old man never ever laid a finger on me, and we had bad times being kids in the middle of a bitter divorce

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 11, 2024, 09:01:01 pm by Lesonthewest »

IT chooses YOU.

But you never ever will.

Plastic t**ts.

IT chooses YOU.

But you never ever will.

Plastic t**ts.

IT chooses YOU.

But you never ever will.

Plastic t**ts.

Beautifully put.

Brilliantly put BST, post of the season by a mile.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 11, 2024, 09:02:46 pm by Lesonthewest »

IT chooses YOU.

But you never ever will.

Plastic t**ts.

IT chooses YOU.

But you never ever will.

Plastic t**ts.

IT chooses YOU.

But you never ever will.

Plastic t**ts.

Beautifully put.

Brilliantly put BST, post of the season by a mile.

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 11, 2024, 10:55:37 pm by Move DRFC »
The first season of Welcome to Wrexham is excellent to be fair. They chose Wrexham but clearly are a part of and have embracd the community there and if you haven’t watched it I’d recommend you do because Rob and Ryan don’t come across as plastic to me, they get it and their heart is completely in it. That’s how I perceived it anyway. Nothing dislikable about them as blokes either.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 12, 2024, 12:13:09 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
The first season of Welcome to Wrexham is excellent to be fair. They chose Wrexham but clearly are a part of and have embracd the community there and if you haven’t watched it I’d recommend you do because Rob and Ryan don’t come across as plastic to me, they get it and their heart is completely in it. That’s how I perceived it anyway. Nothing dislikable about them as blokes either.

They are actors for f**ks sake.

They make their living convincing people to suspend disbelief and watch them playing roles.

How can you scour the globe for an opportunity to indulge yourself and make money, and then feel it in your heart?

And more to the point, how can anyone who doesn't need help wiping their arse actually believe it?

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 12, 2024, 12:54:17 pm by Colin C No.3 »
In the late sixties early seventies all my mates ‘followed’ Don Revie’s Leeds team. I was the only one who carried his kit in a Rovers holdall, the only one who trained wearing a white Rover’s kit with red collar & cuffs. Who walked to watch every Rovers home game from Wheatley Hills across the ‘Top Fields’ with my brother.

From the ages of 12 & 10 years they’ve been ‘our team, our club, our escape to a field of heroes that ‘belonged’ to us.

Little did we know then that wherever our travels took us, even having each left Doncaster in our mid teens never to reside their again, we would forever return to our spiritual home to watch ‘our teams’ throughout the following decades to today.

Rovers ‘til I die.

Never was there a more appropriate motto.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 12, 2024, 08:38:36 pm by scawsby steve »

They make their living convincing people to suspend disbelief and watch them playing roles.

How can you scour the globe for an opportunity to indulge yourself and make money, and then feel it in your heart?

And more to the point, how can anyone who doesn't need help wiping their arse actually believe it?

How on Earth are they going to make money at Wrexham? They're putting money in, not taking it out.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 12, 2024, 08:52:45 pm by Nudga »

How on Earth are they going to make money at Wrexham? They're putting money in, not taking it out.

Not yet. Very clever what they've done, buy cheap, sell the fairytale back in the USA, pump money in to get them promoted whilst simultaneously promoting their own Gin brand and other ventures. Sell this story to millions worldwide and bring in international commercial revenue and build a world wide fan club selling loads of shirts.
They will get to the PL, then sell the fairytale some more and attract big money players from America. Probably make a film out of it too.
It's not just the clubs global brand but RR and RM global brand.
They aren't stupid.

It's the football version of punks selling out to big record labels.

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 13, 2024, 12:51:34 am by Move DRFC »

I don't know. Watch it and try figure it out for yourself!

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 13, 2024, 09:35:30 am by Monkcaster_Rover »
I quite like Ryan & Rob in all fairness. Always Sunny in Philadelphia is great.

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 13, 2024, 10:40:18 am by TheFunk »
Don't forget they're only loaning the club the money not buying shares like Terry does here. The loans are also apparently charged at quite a high interest rate.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 13, 2024, 11:17:01 am by NickDRFC »
Don't forget they're only loaning the club the money not buying shares like Terry does here. The loans are also apparently charged at quite a high interest rate.

Not saying it will happen there but initially the money we got in from the 3 amigos was in the form of loans, it was only converted to equity after a pretty significant period of time.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012