Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:55:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sir Joe Samuel Ironside  (Read 2587 times)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Sir Joe Samuel Ironside
« on April 13, 2024, 07:45:09 pm by mushRTID »
I absolutely adore this man!!!

What a player, what a warrior, what a bloke.

20 goals and after seeing the highlights and the way he celebrated like none of the other 19, it means a lot to him.

Congratulations big man but save a couple for Wembley!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
Re: Sir Joe Samuel Ironside
« Reply #1 on April 13, 2024, 07:49:30 pm by StocksArmy »
I love him but, if we pull off the miracle, IMO we need to bring in a striker as well as offer Biamou another contract

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 13, 2024, 07:57:16 pm by andyst79 »
Irrespective of his goals , the fact that he's remained fit and given us an outlet pretty much for the entirety of the whole season is quite astounding

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 23, 2024, 11:22:29 pm by Pancho Regan »
Is that 19 League goals now for Joe?

What an amazing return for him, and what a season he has had.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 23, 2024, 11:35:08 pm by drfchound »
Isn’t it 21 league goals?

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 23, 2024, 11:38:10 pm by Colin C No.3 »

Don’t stop counting yet!

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 24, 2024, 06:46:02 am by NickDRFC »

19, 23 in all comps (1 each in the FA & League cups, 2 in the EFL trophy). Fingers crossed he gets one at Gillingham for 20 league goals!

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 24, 2024, 07:00:14 am by andyst79 »
Some of his hold up play yesterday was up there with a prime Chris Brown .

Paul Simpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 24, 2024, 07:08:26 am by Paul Simpson »
Fantastic performance again by Big Joe! Love watching him play !!

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 24, 2024, 07:23:00 am by Alan Southstand »
Last night he turned into ‘sniffer’ Ironside!

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 24, 2024, 09:30:12 am by JonWallsend »
He was absolutely  immense last night.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 24, 2024, 10:14:21 am by Mike_F »
Utterly superb last night. The way he tracked back, offered an outlet and held up the ball with two or three players climbing all over him - he must've been talking to club chaplain, Barry Miller because he was like the rock of Gibraltar!

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 24, 2024, 10:34:30 am by mushRTID »
He is player of the season for me, and by some distance.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 24, 2024, 10:39:47 am by Pancho Regan »
He is player of the season for me, and by some distance.

Can't argue with that Mush.
Joe is ending the season in brilliant form, he's on fire.

His work-rate is phenomenal, he just runs his heart out for the team. And to weigh in with +20 goals is a superb achievement.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 24, 2024, 11:01:05 am by Colin C No.3 »
So much to admire about his game.

He’s used to shielding the ball from some ‘ape of a centre back’ but last night at one point he had two of them all over him & still held the ball up until he could lay it off to a team mate.

I have never seen a No.9 (or in this case No.20!) in a Rovers shirt (Chris Brown comes closest) ‘look after’ the ball like Joe does AND we’re not talking about a 6’ 4” man mountain here.

He wins 90% of his heading duels & not only wins the ball but flicks it left or right into spaces for his team mates. His work rate is second to none, you’d think he was a 20 year old the amount of ground he covers.

And then his goals. One more & he’s hit the ‘magic 20’ league goals in a season.

I don’t give a monkey’s if it is a penalty. He’s scored some real ‘pressure’ ones this campaign so they ALL count for me.

A hat-trick would be nice on Saturday Joe!

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 24, 2024, 11:03:53 am by adamtherover »
Nothing was more pressurised than the penno on satdi, Joe didn't even flinch an inch!!!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 24, 2024, 02:27:41 pm by drfchound »
Penalties are never a gimme.
Anyone who puts five out of six of them in the net is doing very well and Joe is there for us.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 24, 2024, 02:33:51 pm by donnievic »
For me he has overtook Owen Bailey now for player of season

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 24, 2024, 02:41:27 pm by StocktonRover »
Some of his hold up play yesterday was up there with a prime Chris Brown .
I said exactly the same at the game last night. He was immense.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 24, 2024, 04:02:52 pm by StocksArmy »
My MOTM last night.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 27, 2024, 07:15:52 pm by ncRover »
20 league goals (14 open play) topped off with a very brave header today.

A lot still said we needed to sign a “proven goalscorer” but the goal scoring form of Joe, Haks and Moly since February show that it’s more important to get an attack that gels than simply going off previous track records.

More goals for Ironside this year than proven League 2 goalscorers such as Andy Cook, Paddy Madden and David McGoldrick.

He must be in illustrious historical Rovers company to be in the 20+ in the league club. I think in my time it’s only been Paul Barnes and John Marquis.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 27, 2024, 07:36:54 pm by jmt23 »
Did heffs or Blundell not do it too ? Joe is a different player than most of the 20 + strikers we’ve had. He was very good today for me, his back to goal play was really good under extreme pressure!

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 27, 2024, 07:46:35 pm by NickDRFC »
Did heffs or Blundell not do it too ? Joe is a different player than most of the 20 + strikers we’ve had. He was very good today for me, his back to goal play was really good under extreme pressure!

Heffs is an odd one, never had a prolific league season with us - 11 was his best in 06/07 but he did get 21 overall (with 9 in the paint pot trophy). I don’t recall Blundell being particularly prolific, and doubt he got that close to 20 goals even in all competitions in any season.

Ironside is something else. He has hold up play on a par with Neil Roberts or Chris Brown (maybe not quite Browny levels, but not far off) but with the goals to boot. He’s been absolutely tremendous for us.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 27, 2024, 07:47:03 pm by Chris Black come back »
Blundell had his best season in 2003/4 when he got 18 league goals. Best season for Heffernan was 2006/7 with 11 league goals.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 27, 2024, 07:48:30 pm by Chris Black come back »

Heffs is an odd one, never had a prolific league season with us - 11 was his best in 06/07 but he did get 21 overall (with 9 in the paint pot trophy). I don’t recall Blundell being particularly prolific, and doubt he got that close to 20 goals even in all competitions in any season.

Ironside is something else. He has hold up play on a par with Neil Roberts or Chris Brown (maybe not quite Browny levels, but not far off) but with the goals to boot. He’s been absolutely tremendous for us.

Blundell scored 20 goals in all competitions in 2003/4 (18 of which were league goals). He was easily our top scorer that season.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 27, 2024, 07:50:35 pm by NickDRFC »

Blundell scored 20 goals in all competitions in 2003/4 (18 of which were league goals). He was easily our top scorer that season.

Fairs, my memory obviously playing tricks on me. Recall he was our top scorer but thought we shared the goals around a bit - LFW not far off Blundell’s total, Akinfenwa & Brown joining later and bagging a few, Macca and Doolan and the defence (shoooooooooot!) also chipping in. I stand corrected.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on April 27, 2024, 08:49:40 pm by Pancho Regan »
I’m so chuffed that Joe got his 20th today, a fitting finale to the regular league season for this fantastic warrior of a player.

What a bloody hero.

DRFC_AjA

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 27, 2024, 09:59:50 pm by DRFC_AjA »
Ironside again ole ole
Ironside again
Ironside again
Ironside again ole ole

:scarf:

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 27, 2024, 10:28:42 pm by Colin C No.3 »
I’m so chuffed that Joe got his 20th today, a fitting finale to the regular league season for this fantastic warrior of a player.

What a bloody hero.

He epitomises the fighting spirit of this set of players.

It’s sometimes a thankless task leading the line, winning headers, shielding the ball until your teammates are in a position to enable you to lay a good ball off to.

Add to that lung bursting, never say die attitude & to be always in the right position to ‘snaffle’ a goal chance, I give you Joe Ironside.

Much underrated by the few who wouldn’t know a good footballer if they kicked them up the arse.

A player who will kick your xg’s out of the stadium.

Paul Simpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 27, 2024, 10:34:02 pm by Paul Simpson »
Yes well done big Joe! He’s been an absolute rock since he arrived

TinyPortal © 2005-2012