Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:38:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Type of goal scored?  (Read 1031 times)

adamtherover

• Forum Member
Type of goal scored?
« on April 14, 2024, 12:49:17 pm by adamtherover »
Watching the highlights again, it struck me that in our last 2 games we.have scored 4 identical worked goals, get to the by line, cut it back, side foot it in. Right out of the man city playbook.. its practically unstoppable if the last pass is done well... Long may it continue..   with haks and mols doing the leg work, no reason to think it won't.. RTID

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

andyst79

• Forum Member
Re: Type of goal scored?
« Reply #1 on April 14, 2024, 02:10:05 pm by andyst79 »

Watching the highlights again, it struck me that in our last 2 games we.have scored 4 identical worked goals, get to the by line, cut it back, side foot it in. Right out of the man city playbook.. its practically unstoppable if the last pass is done well... Long may it continue..   with haks and mols doing the leg work, no reason to think it won't.. RTID
The movement off the ball and interchange from Haks, Molly & Joe have been top drawer of late

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 14, 2024, 03:41:22 pm by drfchound »

This is something we (my group) have discussed many times.
We have not scored many goals of this type in the past, somehow the ball across hasn’t been good enough or we haven’t got the attackers into the box to be on the end of the cross.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 14, 2024, 03:58:33 pm by Colin C No.3 »
If the forwards know the wide man will get to that byline & cut the ball back into the box they’ll be all over that penalty area like a rash!

Easy peazy lemon squeezy!

monkeytennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 14, 2024, 09:39:02 pm by monkeytennis »
Yep me and my son have commented on this quite a lot of late. Fewer scrappy ‘lucky’ goals and loads more actual ‘looked like we meant it’ goals. Great to see.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 14, 2024, 10:10:26 pm by dickos1 »
The first one like this was away at Salford and we’ve scored many since then

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 15, 2024, 07:58:29 am by pib »
The outside to in runs from Moly and Adelakun have made a big difference. They often pop up on the opposite side of the pitch to their “position” when the ball is on. See the first goal against Walsall as an example where Haks picks the ball up on the left and Molyneux darts down the same channel to receive the ball.

Moly seems to have added this to his game more and more since Adelakun came in. He’s now playing as a flexible wide forward in a front 3, rather than a winger that sticks himself out wide and only thinks about beating the full back in front of him.

The form of the full backs and midfielders playing behind him has probably helped as well.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 15, 2024, 09:20:51 am by GazLaz »
The outside to in runs from Moly and Adelakun have made a big difference. They often pop up on the opposite side of the pitch to their “position” when the ball is on. See the first goal against Walsall as an example where Haks picks the ball up on the left and Molyneux darts down the same channel to receive the ball.

Moly seems to have added this to his game more and more since Adelakun came in. He’s now playing as a flexible wide forward in a front 3, rather than a winger that sticks himself out wide and only thinks about beating the full back in front of him.

The form of the full backs and midfielders playing behind him has probably helped as well.

Good post. That movement, diagonal runs and running in behind has made a huge difference. Players repeatedly end up in acres of space, it’s not happening by accident.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 15, 2024, 12:17:21 pm by drfchound »

Your post backs up what I said on here a few days ago, a player can improve a team but more so, a team can improve a player.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012