Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:11:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: A personal message from Grant McCaan!  (Read 827 times)

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
A personal message from Grant McCaan!
« on April 15, 2024, 09:36:30 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Now I’m not one to boast guy’s & gal’s but, I opened my emails this morning to find I had a personal message from Grant hoping that I’d be at Saturdays game to cheer the lads on!

Well, I was flabbergasted!

I mean, (have I gone all Frankie Howard?) I mean, I hadn’t realised he’d obviously clocked me from the dug out at some point, well you wouldn’t would you (definitely Frankie!).

Anyway, I’ve sent him a message via the club offering to give him a lift in on Saturday. I was thinking we could discuss tactics on the way in then I’d take him for a scampi & chips at The Cheswold (I hope they’ve got shut of the rats) for a pre-match meal.

We’ll probably drive from there to The Belle Vue Bar for a pint (I’d imagine I’ll be able to park right outside given who my passenger is) before he leaves to give his team talk.

We’ll probably have to squeeze in at the far end of the bar to have a lean as I expect it’ll be packed with people milling around (well you have to mill when there’s nowhere to sit), I’ll do the decent thing & let him put his coat on top of mine on the floor. Well it’s the least you can do.

Now if you do spot us there please don’t ask for selfies. Like Grant, I am a very private person & fairs fair, the letter was personal to me after all.

Thank you.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

NigelJ

• VSC Member
Re: A personal message from Grant McCaan!
« Reply #1 on April 15, 2024, 11:18:17 pm by NigelJ »
Just b
Now I’m not one to boast guy’s & gal’s but, I opened my emails this morning to find I had a personal message from Grant hoping that I’d be at Saturdays game to cheer the lads on!

Well, I was flabbergasted!

I mean, (have I gone all Frankie Howard?) I mean, I hadn’t realised he’d obviously clocked me from the dug out at some point, well you wouldn’t would you (definitely Frankie!).

Anyway, I’ve sent him a message via the club offering to give him a lift in on Saturday. I was thinking we could discuss tactics on the way in then I’d take him for a scampi & chips at The Cheswold (I hope they’ve got shut of the rats) for a pre-match meal.

We’ll probably drive from there to The Belle Vue Bar for a pint (I’d imagine I’ll be able to park right outside given who my passenger is) before he leaves to give his team talk.

We’ll probably have to squeeze in at the far end of the bar to have a lean as I expect it’ll be packed with people milling around (well you have to mill when there’s nowhere to sit), I’ll do the decent thing & let him put his coat on top of mine on the floor. Well it’s the least you can do.

Now if you do spot us there please don’t ask for selfies. Like Grant, I am a very private person & fairs fair, the letter was personal to me after all.

Thank you.

Just before you drop Grant McCaan off, ask him if he knows Grant McCann, and then have a laugh how funny it is they have so similar names.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
Re: A personal message from Grant McCaan!
« Reply #2 on April 16, 2024, 01:56:06 am by PDX_Rover »
James Caan’s northern Irish cousin?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012