Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 11:02:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Terry Bramall  (Read 2928 times)

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
Re: Terry Bramall
« Reply #30 on April 28, 2024, 09:05:55 pm by Silkscarf »
I don’t believe he can be faulted for his support of Rovers and I thank him for that and hope it continues.

I don’t support his Tory Party donations or bible-thumping. But life is like that. Rarely black and white.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 28, 2024, 09:14:24 pm by scawsby steve »
I don’t believe he can be faulted for his support of Rovers and I thank him for that and hope it continues.

I don’t support his Tory Party donations or bible-thumping. But life is like that. Rarely black and white.

What need is there for that second sentence? That's more about your prejudices than his beliefs.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 28, 2024, 09:17:30 pm by Chris Black come back »
He's been giving money to the Tories for years. Usually tens of thousands each year. Last donation he made was £25,000 in July 2023. You're not going to please anyone with political involvement and the guy has been more than generous for years with Rovers, but looking at the damage the Tories have done to Doncaster for decades now, it will stick in the craw for many. Others might like him more. Mixing football and politics is unlikely to ever find a middle ground.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on April 28, 2024, 09:20:05 pm by roversdude »
Bramall was the High Sheriff of West Yorkshire from March 2017 to March 2018.
Thought he maybe had another stint as he cited it as a reason for not being as involved with Rovers

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on April 28, 2024, 09:25:54 pm by IDM »
You would think that most rich folks are likely to be conservative supporters - but it’s a free country.  Folks may not agree with their political views but is he using DRFC as a political football.? 

No, he’s not.. and he’s probably given more to DRFC so what’s the issue.?

In the box

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 28, 2024, 09:29:54 pm by In the box »
Copps is Head of Recruitment.
Wasn’t Copps in that position when McSheffrey was boss ? It makes you think is he taking the plaudits now !
« Last Edit: April 28, 2024, 09:36:01 pm by In the box »

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 28, 2024, 09:40:00 pm by Silkscarf »

What need is there for that second sentence? That's more about your prejudices than his beliefs.

Both sentences are my opinion. You don’t have to like them. It’s possible to thank him for his seemingly unwavering support of Rovers while also criticising his support of the Conservative government and belief in fairy stories.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on April 28, 2024, 09:47:22 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Copps is Head of Recruitment.
Wasn’t Copps in that position when McSheffrey was boss ? It makes you think is he taking the plaudits now !

Director of Football Operations before McCann.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 28, 2024, 10:00:10 pm by scawsby steve »

Both sentences are my opinion. You don’t have to like them. It’s possible to thank him for his seemingly unwavering support of Rovers while also criticising his support of the Conservative government and belief in fairy stories.

Belief in fairy stories? How does a man amass a fortune of half a billion pounds if his intelligence is such that he believes in fairy stories? As regards the "bible thumping" bit, when has Terry ever mentioned his faith, either at MTOs, or anywhere else?

The only one doing any mouthing off about Terry's personal life is you. Despite the fact that it's none of your f*cking business.

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 28, 2024, 10:42:18 pm by Silkscarf »
Calm down Steve. It’s my opinion. I’m not impressed by Tories or Christians (or any religions). You can disagree with that if you like. You can vote Tory and go to church if you want. You’re free to think and do what you like within the law. That’s it.

I don’t expect everyone who follows Rovers to have the same beliefs as me. That would cut the fanbase down quite a bit!

Plumbster

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 28, 2024, 10:46:20 pm by Plumbster »
I don’t understand why you think we are interested in your political and religious beliefs on a football forum

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on April 28, 2024, 10:52:02 pm by Silkscarf »
I don’t.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on April 28, 2024, 11:15:32 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Calm down Steve. It’s my opinion. I’m not impressed by Tories or Christians (or any religions). You can disagree with that if you like. You can vote Tory and go to church if you want. You’re free to think and do what you like within the law. That’s it.

I don’t expect everyone who follows Rovers to have the same beliefs as me. That would cut the fanbase down quite a bit!
And the financial support in Terry Bramall's case!

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on April 28, 2024, 11:25:11 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Without TB there would have been no GM.

No GM, no playoffs.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on April 29, 2024, 06:16:50 am by Sammy Chung was King »
TB is probably doing the same work that he was doing for the club, when we were near the bottom of the league. His job role has changed obviously but I don’t think ten wins on the bounce suddenly mean he’s now doing a good job. Very fickle most football supporters. All he can do is provide funds to the manager and hope he uses them wisely.

He has no influence on how the players play. He deserves praise for the funds given to Grant to bring in Adelakun etc in January as that has turned the season round. In my book many deserve praise for the parts played in getting us in to the playoffs. From chairman through to players.

The support has become more positive because of results which helps the players. All this means nothing if we are not promoted, it just shows improvement. The job has to be finished off over a two legged semi final, then a final if we get there. A lot to be positive about, it has been some time since we’ve had the promise that the players have produced over the unbeaten run. Nice to see again.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on April 29, 2024, 07:18:39 am by graingrover »
Terry Bramall saved us when JR ran out of the means to sustain the club and has put several millions in before the recent turn around on the field .
He and his wife have put even more into a Foundation to support charities and good causes .He made his money anstutely  and invests it charitably .
https://www.bramallfoundation.org/
« Last Edit: April 29, 2024, 03:37:50 pm by graingrover »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012