Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 02:43:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's Keep it positive  (Read 1208 times)

Guernsey Exile

• Forum Member
Let's Keep it positive
« on May 10, 2024, 10:59:18 pm by Guernsey Exile »
Grant is building something special. And next season we get front row seats

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
Re: Let's Keep it positive
« Reply #1 on May 10, 2024, 11:01:49 pm by DonnyNoel »
Player turnover is massive in L1&2. I'm optimistic but not positive as there's way too many balls in the air.

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 10, 2024, 11:02:48 pm by ChrisBx »
Player turnover is massive in L1&2. I'm optimistic but not positive as there's way too many balls in the air.

Terry will make sure we're competitive at the top end of the league.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 10, 2024, 11:03:17 pm by normal rules »
Look back just two months . By any sort of law of averages rovers should not have been in tonight’s game . They were . It was a great ride. We go again next season

Guernsey Exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 10, 2024, 11:05:13 pm by Guernsey Exile »
Look back just two months . By any sort of law of averages rovers should not have been in tonight’s game . They were . It was a great ride. We go again next season
This

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 10, 2024, 11:05:54 pm by dknward2 »
It's a shame but we never expected to get here a few months ago.

Sure McCann and the staff will have the team ready for next season hopefully to go and win the league

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 10, 2024, 11:08:52 pm by PDX_Rover »
That was a sickener. After all the heroics. Just proves yet again why footie is the best game in the world. From ecstasy to agony in under 3 hours. I feel sick to my stomach after that. I had a feeling Haks would miss... I thought it would just be typical. I bet the boys and GM, CB will be hurting.

But credit to Crewe, they were in our faces from the start and got back level. Bit of luck with the OG. The last 15 and the second half Rovers showed up. Not as fluid as we have been, but we created chances. I personally thought the officials were terrible. Think Hurst should have had a pen, and Tom Anderson's shirt was being pulled off his back at a corner in extra time right in front of the ref and he gives nothing.

It's sad as we might lose some very good players now and I fully expected us to kick on and win this and win promotion and see where we are for L1.

Absolutely gutted. Gutted. 

But we witnessed history. Just a shame we feel short in the cruelest of ways. RTID, and then some.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 10, 2024, 11:12:25 pm by hoolahoop »
That was a sickener. After all the heroics. Just proves yet again why footie is the best game in the world. From ecstasy to agony in under 3 hours. I feel sick to my stomach after that. I had a feeling Haks would miss... I thought it would just be typical. I bet the boys and GM, CB will be hurting.

But credit to Crewe, they were in our faces from the start and got back level. Bit of luck with the OG. The last 15 and the second half Rovers showed up. Not as fluid as we have been, but we created chances. I personally thought the officials were terrible. Think Hurst should have had a pen, and Tom Anderson's shirt was being pulled off his back at a corner in extra time right in front of the ref and he gives nothing.

It's sad as we might lose some very good players now and I fully expected us to kick on and win this and win promotion and see where we are for L1.

Absolutely gutted. Gutted. 

But we witnessed history. Just a shame we feel short in the cruelest of ways. RTID, and then some.

Agree with most of that, and es some of the reffing was awful .

2024- 2025 we go again and win the Division next year

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 10, 2024, 11:13:38 pm by hoolahoop »
This

Agree entirely THIS

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 10, 2024, 11:14:19 pm by IDM »
We might lose some decent players but I have faith we can recruit some good ones too. 

Keep the manager and back him, and let's keep this momentum going.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 10, 2024, 11:15:02 pm by PDX_Rover »
Speaks volumes that Crewe resorted to gamesmanship and time wasting in the first half and all the way through.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 10, 2024, 11:15:14 pm by Chris Black come back »
Absolutely unreal form last 20 games, unreal. Best in our entire history given where we started?

Diabolical first 15 minutes today.

Peebles Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 10, 2024, 11:15:39 pm by Peebles Rover »
Good post Mark. It’s hard to put into words how you feel after that. Hurting. But they have given us a great end to the season and restored pride in the club. We went from singing ‘we’re shit and we know we are’ to filling the stadium. But as ever it’s the hope that kills you. We’re on the up, and next year we’ll take the league by storm.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 10, 2024, 11:16:27 pm by PDX_Rover »
Oh... and I guess it's OK to grab an opponent round the neck and fling him to the ground now? No sour grapes, but that's an automatic red. Rules are rules.

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 10, 2024, 11:18:53 pm by ChrisBx »
Oh... and I guess it's OK to grab an opponent round the neck and fling him to the ground now? No sour grapes, but that's an automatic red. Rules are rules.

Ref was shite. The foul on Hurst should have been a penalty.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 10, 2024, 11:25:49 pm by PDX_Rover »

There were countless occasions where the Crewe defenders came over the back of Ironside who just stood his ground and he gives a free kick the other way. And he and Anderson almost had their shirts removed right in front of him in the box and nothing. Credit to Crewe for shithousery of the highest order... and they were just allowed to get away with it.

I know his name was Scott Hold 'em but it was farcical.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on May 10, 2024, 11:27:07 pm by StocksArmy »
All a bit raw at the moment and don't really want to go into why we lost the game but, very well played to Crewe. They created what football is all about in the EFL tonight. We have played our part beyond belief this season and there is no doubt that next we will be right up there. It is very much still exciting times to be a supporter of DRFC and albeit tonight is totally gut wrenching we have our club back.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 10, 2024, 11:29:22 pm by Canadian Rover »
Couldn't ask anymore of these players, management and staff.

They gave everything.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on May 10, 2024, 11:31:04 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
We were rubbish tonight and nothing fell for us. Get up and have another go ultimately.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 10, 2024, 11:33:40 pm by Chris Black come back »

Definitely a foul. Definitely outside box. Got nothing. Cheated yet again.

Jersey Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 10, 2024, 11:36:37 pm by Jersey Rover »
Can’t fault the effort of anyone tonight. All given 100 %.
What an achievement to make the play offs. That’s football. Can’t wait for next season now, feeling proud.

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 10, 2024, 11:47:36 pm by ian1980 »
Putting the end of season run to one side, tonight was absolutely terrible.

I think we thought we were already at Wembley before the game had started.

The first half, we were all over the place, created very little and looked shaky at the back.

Taking a 2-0 lead, into a home leg, with a packed stadium, is very disappointing. Meaning another year in the bottom league.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on May 10, 2024, 11:48:49 pm by Lesonthewest »
Gutted. We have been unbelievable for 2 months, but tonight we fell short, good luck to Crewe, they were the better side tonight & deserved the win. We will be up there next season, but one thing for me is we will have to begin by starting games better, it's a problem we have had most of the season, & it needs addressing.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on May 11, 2024, 12:17:41 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
We lost the tie, but we've gained so much as a club.

I wouldn't swap these last three months for anything.

The roof was ready to be blown off tonight had we have scored. So much to be proud of. Fantastic atmosphere with everyone doing their bit.

Don't be too deflated. We've put ourselves back on the map. Maybe next season, we'll start a bit earlier.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012