Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 05:04:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: That Ref  (Read 3138 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
That Ref
« on May 10, 2024, 11:47:23 pm by Filo »
Awful refereeing, and I’ve not seen the second goal back, but I’m sure there was an offside in there

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Fal

• Forum Member
Re: That Ref
« Reply #1 on May 10, 2024, 11:49:33 pm by Fal »
Worst ref than Ed Duckworth. Gave us nothing all night

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 10, 2024, 11:50:37 pm by ChrisBx »
Dreadful referee, but we should have been better. Hopefully he's reffing in the National League next season.

Thorney

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 10, 2024, 11:51:01 pm by Thorney »
Loved the kick on molyneuxs head in the box that was flattly waved play on

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 10, 2024, 11:51:42 pm by DRFC-Hanksie »
Genuinely the worst referee I've ever seen at the Rovers. No decisions our way, no b*llocks, Crewe were hands on shirts all night.

And that huddle on the pitch, f**k me.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 10, 2024, 11:53:28 pm by colincramb »
Come on lads, can’t blame the ref. We just weren’t good enough tonight. And that’s the long and the short of it. Look forward to next season, that’s all I’ve got

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 10, 2024, 11:55:09 pm by jmt23 »
looking back on the sky replay, it looks like someone at right back on the opposite side plays him on for the second. Day dreaming has cost us there, he became aware he was the last man just too late.
Some strange decisions and allowed them to do what they wanted, but we just weren't good enough.

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 10, 2024, 11:55:24 pm by TonySoprano »
He was awful, but so were we.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 10, 2024, 11:57:27 pm by Chris Black come back »
Cheated, yet again. Sigh.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 11, 2024, 12:01:27 am by MachoMadness »
2 clear penalties not given, arguably a third as well. Clear red card not given for the off the ball incident. Even in the shootout he was dicking about before Ironside's penalty. I'm not one for coming on and slagging the refs after a defeat but we've been absolutely robbed there.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 11, 2024, 12:03:53 am by Chris Black come back »
Hurst definitely wasn’t a penalty but clear as day a foul and booking. Nothing given.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 06:14:17 am by Chris Black come back »

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 11, 2024, 12:09:30 am by bobbymax »
That was a shocker! A game like that and the EFL appoint an absolute muppet!

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on May 11, 2024, 12:19:53 am by PDX_Rover »
We made a rod for our backs letting in two early goals, and fair play to Crewe. No sour grapes as we were masters of our own downfall ultimately But yeah, Scott Oldham was absolutely terrible. At least one penalty and a stonewall red for Nevitt grabbing Craig around the neck and throwing him to the ground off the ball. Ref didn't see it and the fourth official told him, but it's a straight red. Absolutely no question. That changes the game significantly of course. After the great ref at Crewe, the bottom of the barrel tonight. Just ruins the f**king game.

LondonRover1

« Reply #13 on May 11, 2024, 12:22:14 am by LondonRover1 »
People blaming the ref missing the point. We weren't at the races tonight. Let's win the league next season

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 11, 2024, 12:30:18 am by turnbull for england »
Not excusing the first goal, but if the clear  push in the back is given , the goal doesn't happen. Couple of handballs not given either. End of day we got through the first 20 mins in Monday tonight we didn't and were spectacularly outshithoused  by a team with a plan from subs warming up to having a huddle in wrong end when 2nd half should have started

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 11, 2024, 12:32:16 am by roversdude »
Don’t forget their goalie throwing Tim’s bottle away

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 11, 2024, 12:44:32 am by Cramby10 »
correct me if I’m wrong but I’m sure Rowey got sent off this season for something like that?? It was full on Bruce Lee!!

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on May 11, 2024, 12:47:16 am by Dagenham Rover »
Don’t forget their goalie throwing Tim’s bottle away

That wasn't gamesmanship  it was bang out of order

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on May 11, 2024, 12:51:58 am by PDX_Rover »
He booked him for that I think.

HomerJSimpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 11, 2024, 12:53:49 am by HomerJSimpson »
Watching game on tv is different to watching it at ground. There were no stonewall pens, ref allowed it to be a physical game, some free kicks were missed by ref but overall he controlled it ok. Clutching at straws if blaming ref. Donny never got going and even when we did play alright it was in patches. Didn’t deserve to go through really. Shame but true.

HomerJSimpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 11, 2024, 12:54:17 am by HomerJSimpson »
Awful refereeing, and I’ve not seen the second goal back, but I’m sure there was an offside in there
A yard or two on side.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on May 11, 2024, 12:54:55 am by PDX_Rover »
correct me if I’m wrong but I’m sure Rowey got sent off this season for something like that?? It was full on Bruce Lee!!

It’s a high boot that catches Moly - outside the box it’s a free kick. And it should have been a penalty in the box. A foul is a foul regardless of where it happens.

Thorney

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 11, 2024, 12:56:54 am by Thorney »

It’s a high boot that catches Moly - outside the box it’s a free kick. And it should have been a penalty in the box. A foul is a foul regardless of where it happens.

Would like to see a good replay of it

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on May 11, 2024, 01:04:58 am by PDX_Rover »
Watching game on tv is different to watching it at ground. There were no stonewall pens, ref allowed it to be a physical game, some free kicks were missed by ref but overall he controlled it ok. Clutching at straws if blaming ref. Donny never got going and even when we did play alright it was in patches. Didn’t deserve to go through really. Shame but true.

Disagree. What about the off the ball assault on Craig? Clear red card all day. Bottled it.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 11, 2024, 05:01:36 am by drfcsteve »
What annoyed me was Crewe’s “gamesmanship” or cheating in another word, and the fact that the ref fell for it every single time. It was obvious to everyone watching what they were up to but not obvious to the one man that mattered.

redbrez

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on May 11, 2024, 05:28:47 am by redbrez »

Watch the extended highlights, it shows the Hurst penalty appeal, shows it a few times on the highlights I watched ,deffinite penalty.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on May 11, 2024, 06:27:20 am by PDX_Rover »
Cobbled together a few examples of Mr. Oldham’s greatest hits. First the off the ball incident where Craig was grabbed round the neck and thrown to the ground by Nevitt. Second was Rovers being penalised for a high foot on Nevitt, which was nowhere near as bad as the one on Mols in their box. Third, Hurst’s penalty shout which watching again is clearly a penalty. And then an example of the shirt pulling, this on Haks right in front of the ref. Could go on… but we all know what happened.

https://youtu.be/174-d19UGQU?si=D9e_pPDXUbABIyM3

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on May 11, 2024, 07:21:51 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Not a red with the Craig incident for me.

Hurst however, is definitely a foul.

Yes, we needed a spark, as it wasn't coming from anywhere else.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 11, 2024, 07:26:22 am by The Beast »
Goalkeeper getting cramp so they can all get a drink and stop our momentum, absolutely pathetic, needs legislating out of the game.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 11, 2024, 07:42:40 am by drfchound »
Cobbled together a few examples of Mr. Oldham’s greatest hits. First the off the ball incident where Craig was grabbed round the neck and thrown to the ground by Nevitt. Second was Rovers being penalised for a high foot on Nevitt, which was nowhere near as bad as the one on Mols in their box. Third, Hurst’s penalty shout which watching again is clearly a penalty. And then an example of the shirt pulling, this on Haks right in front of the ref. Could go on… but we all know what happened.

https://youtu.be/174-d19UGQU?si=D9e_pPDXUbABIyM3

I thought it was a pen at the time but seeing that replay, the Crewe 17 clearly trips Hursty.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012