Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 11:04:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: That Ref  (Read 3023 times)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
Re: That Ref
« Reply #30 on May 11, 2024, 07:45:10 am by PDX_Rover »
Goalkeeper getting cramp so they can all get a drink and stop our momentum, absolutely pathetic, needs legislating out of the game.

They were pulling stunts like that all game.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on May 11, 2024, 07:51:13 am by PDX_Rover »
Not a red with the Craig incident for me.

Hurst however, is definitely a foul.

Yes, we needed a spark, as it wasn't coming from anywhere else.

How is it not a red? He raises his hand to an opponent, puts his hand around his head and yanks him to the ground. It’s a red card. How is it not?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on May 11, 2024, 07:53:25 am by drfchound »

How is it not a red? He raises his hand to an opponent, puts his hand around his head and yanks him to the ground. It’s a red card. How is it not?

…..and the ball wasn’t even in play at the time.
Red card all day.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on May 11, 2024, 07:58:06 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

He pulls Craig with his shirt. It was petulant. Yellow card.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on May 11, 2024, 07:58:22 am by Donnywolf »
Goalkeeper getting cramp so they can all get a drink and stop our momentum, absolutely pathetic, needs legislating out of the game.

They were pulling stunts like that all game.

Right from first minute , and as many will expect me to say get a Fixed Clock , 30 minutes each half , stop it whenever ball goes dead , restart when it is back in

It will save 90% of the pathetic time wasting that plagues yes PLAGUES the game

It wouldn't stop everything like Goalkeeper getting cramp to nullify the pressure his Team was under but the majority of ills would be gone forever

It would take away the undoubted responsibilty of time keeping away from the Ref and let them concentrate on their main job and by god that dopey Dumbo last night would have benefitted from that although his room for improvement is at least 100%

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on May 11, 2024, 08:01:33 am by PDX_Rover »

He pulls Craig with his shirt. It was petulant. Yellow card.

We’ll agree to disagree. Straight red for me.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on May 11, 2024, 08:29:41 am by roversdude »
Don’t see how he can give a yellow, it’s either a bit of a talking to or if he believed there was intent (which he obviously did as he booked him) or a red

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on May 11, 2024, 08:35:06 am by DRFCSouth »
I was sat down near the touchline and it seemed he was letting anything slide. Shirt pulling before the player received the pass. Their players grabbing fist fulls of shirt.

And the time wasting seemed to be going on, especially from their keeper from the off. He should have been carded in normal time.

The Hurst foul is bizarre how he hasn't given it. The Moly high boot to the head would be given anywhere else on the pitch.

I can only assume he wants to make a name for himself.

All that said, you have to find another way to win, and we didn't.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on May 11, 2024, 08:37:14 am by PDX_Rover »
One of those two penalties gives us a high probability of going through.

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on May 11, 2024, 08:43:44 am by CJK »
I'll caveat my following comments in that we didn't play well last night but that certainly wasn't helped by the incompetent referee. I can only echo most of the above. How Ironside's shirt was still on his back at the end of the game after all the pulling it got, I really don't know. They reminded me of Lincoln under the Cowleys. Absolutely awful to watch and you're hoping the ref has some awareness, unfortunately not. The performance by the ref should be subject to review.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on May 11, 2024, 08:47:20 am by Michael Shaw »
We had the quality, belief and momentum to win that game and the final. But just fizzled out on the night. Don't just blame the ref.

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on May 11, 2024, 08:52:13 am by turnbull for england »
I'll caveat my following comments in that we didn't play well last night but that certainly wasn't helped by the incompetent referee. I can only echo most of the above. How Ironside's shirt was still on his back at the end of the game after all the pulling it got, I really don't know. They reminded me of Lincoln under the Cowleys. Absolutely awful to watch and you're hoping the ref has some awareness, unfortunately not. The performance by the ref should be subject to review.

Yhey were at it from subs on touchline, to the manager. Fair play though they had a plan, got the two early goals and played for pens from an hour in  and we couldn't find a way round it. Grants laid out the plan for next year , we will be there

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on May 11, 2024, 09:08:07 am by PDX_Rover »

Yhey were at it from subs on touchline, to the manager. Fair play though they had a plan, got the two early goals and played for pens from an hour in  and we couldn't find a way round it. Grants laid out the plan for next year , we will be there

Unfair play but yeah… they were allowed to do what they wanted by Mr. Hold’em

streathamdave

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on May 11, 2024, 09:53:55 am by streathamdave »
Come on lads, can’t blame the ref. We just weren’t good enough tonight. And that’s the long and the short of it. Look forward to next season, that’s all I’ve got
we should have had 2 or 3 pens. Can absoloutely blame the ref.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on May 11, 2024, 09:54:58 am by Jonathan »
Ref was frustrating at times but we lost the game over 120 minutes and penalties. No excuses.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on May 11, 2024, 10:24:09 am by GazLaz »
Watching game on tv is different to watching it at ground. There were no stonewall pens, ref allowed it to be a physical game, some free kicks were missed by ref but overall he controlled it ok. Clutching at straws if blaming ref. Donny never got going and even when we did play alright it was in patches. Didn’t deserve to go through really. Shame but true.

Kind of agree with this. He set his stall out not to give much from minute one and he was fairly consistent with it for both sides.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on May 11, 2024, 11:26:17 am by Donnywolf »

Well there will be an Assessment which will remain private where the Assessor may criticise the hell out of him

Oldham may look back if confronted with the evidence Molys kick to the head to start with and apologise .

And that would be of no consequence now. He was wrong throughout the game and made Ed the Duck look a world class Ref
« Last Edit: May 13, 2024, 06:14:35 am by Donnywolf »

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on May 12, 2024, 10:13:24 pm by PDX_Rover »
Sunday… He’s still an absolute tw@t.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on May 13, 2024, 06:37:01 am by roversdude »
Monday no change

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on May 13, 2024, 09:17:06 pm by DRFCSouth »
Never realised he was from Lancashire as well... :blink:

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on May 13, 2024, 09:23:01 pm by roversdude »
Must be Scott from Oldham the kitson

Donnybob

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on May 13, 2024, 10:27:02 pm by Donnybob »
Rovers lost a wrestling match. As far as football goes it was like being transported back to the 1970s all over again. I thought such physicality had been eradicated from the game.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on May 14, 2024, 07:47:52 pm by Not Now Kato »
I was sat down near the touchline and it seemed he was letting anything slide. Shirt pulling before the player received the pass. Their players grabbing fist fulls of shirt.

And the time wasting seemed to be going on, especially from their keeper from the off. He should have been carded in normal time.

The Hurst foul is bizarre how he hasn't given it. The Moly high boot to the head would be given anywhere else on the pitch.

I can only assume he wants to make a name for himself.

All that said, you have to find another way to win, and we didn't.

He did, and it begins with C

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on May 14, 2024, 08:07:43 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Trevor Cettle? :lol:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012