Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 08:36:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Judge for yourself  (Read 2115 times)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
Judge for yourself
« on May 11, 2024, 03:08:33 am by PDX_Rover »
Lino has an unrestricted view of two Crewe players offside. And it’s not even marginal. Makes you wonder how a set of officials could be so consistently incompetent in a game. It’s almost as if they’d lumped a wedge on Crewe… Lol. But missing this is just w@nk.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 03:13:40 am by PDX_Rover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: Judge for yourself
« Reply #1 on May 11, 2024, 06:28:15 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Lino has an unrestricted view of two Crewe players offside. And it’s not even marginal. Makes you wonder how a set of officials could be so consistently incompetent in a game. It’s almost as if they’d lumped a wedge on Crewe… Lol. But missing this is just w@nk.

Well, that confims my judgement at the time was wrong and the officials were correct. Onside. The ball receiver is played on by two of our players. The position of two Crewe players at the top of the picture matter not.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 06:41:15 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on May 11, 2024, 06:30:29 am by PDX_Rover »
Disagree. The player offside closest to us is running towards where he thinks the ball is going and the other one is running towards our end too. Neither are coming back from an offside position.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 11, 2024, 06:56:19 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Sorry I don't understand your point. It doesn't matter what direction the lad receiving the ball is running. He is onside, then once he crosses the ball providing the other Crewe players are behind the ball, they're onside too. 

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 11, 2024, 06:58:21 am by pib »
Disagree. The player offside closest to us is running towards where he thinks the ball is going and the other one is running towards our end too. Neither are coming back from an offside position.

Well the player who receives the pass is clearly played onside by two Rovers defenders on the far side. It’s easy to judge by the cut of the grass.

It’s also irrelevant what any other Crewe player is doing really at this point as they’re not active.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 11, 2024, 06:59:16 am by mushRTID »
Onside which was my instinct at the time.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 11, 2024, 06:59:27 am by Nudga »
So if that ball is played to the guy directly in front of the lad who's passing then it's onside.

The other two at the top of the picture matter not in this instance.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 11, 2024, 07:48:12 am by PDX_Rover »
So say the lad receiving the ball centres it and one of those two players beyond the last Rovers defender scores, it stands?

allezallezallez

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 11, 2024, 07:50:17 am by allezallezallez »
the two Crewe players in the middle were off side and a few seconds later the ball was in the middle and they scored.  VAR would of ruled that out...

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 11, 2024, 07:52:25 am by pib »
So say the lad receiving the ball centres it and one of those two players beyond the last Rovers defender scores, it stands?

If they’re behind the ball when it’s crossed, yes.

Plus it went in off Maxwell anyway.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 11, 2024, 07:54:13 am by PDX_Rover »

If they’re behind the ball when it’s crossed, yes.

Plus it went in off Maxwell anyway.

Yes I know it went in off Maxwell. I was speaking hypothetically. In my mind, all players are active. And they would have gained an advantage by being in an offside position when the ball was played forwards. Bloody stupid offside rule. Lol.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 11, 2024, 08:03:09 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
the two Crewe players in the middle were off side and a few seconds later the ball was in the middle and they scored.  VAR would of ruled that out...

No it wouldn't. It's been this interpretation of the offside laws for long enough now.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 11, 2024, 08:04:36 am by pib »
How long has it been since it was the case that “all players are active” in offside calls? I’d guess at late 90s?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 11, 2024, 08:10:41 am by drfchound »

No it wouldn't. It's been this interpretation of the offside laws for long enough now.

Agreed.
However the rule as it is does give those two players an advantage of a head start on defenders when the ball is cut back into the box.
I remember the second Palace goal in that FACup match coming in similar circumstances.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on May 11, 2024, 08:15:31 am by Donnywolf »
As for first goal I was convinced the throw in that led to it was our ball but Lino who had best view gave it to them

The thrower then had one foot not only off the floor but with leg parallel to ground. Foul throw that used to be

From that developed attack that turned into a Corner and oh no 0-1 after 2 minutes was it

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 11, 2024, 08:36:24 am by dickos1 »
Why is Anderson dragged so far out left

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 11, 2024, 08:38:27 am by pib »

Hadn’t we just been defending a corner or something maybe?

The criminal thing about that still is the amount of space the Crewe player who crossed it has. Could drive a tank through there.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on May 11, 2024, 08:42:20 am by ravenrover »
Nice pull and block on Ironside, which I missed at the time, to allow Dimitriou to get free for the 1st goal

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on May 11, 2024, 09:09:04 am by PDX_Rover »
Nice pull and block on Ironside, which I missed at the time, to allow Dimitriou to get free for the 1st goal

Yes, by their 3.

streathamdave

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on May 11, 2024, 09:48:41 am by streathamdave »
Correct. The onside player passed it directly to the one in the middle who caused Maxwell problems. The player on the far side fair enough, but the one in the middle was absoloutely interfering with play as he was running into a dangerous position.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 11, 2024, 10:04:55 am by pib »
Correct. The onside player passed it directly to the one in the middle who caused Maxwell problems. The player on the far side fair enough, but the one in the middle was absoloutely interfering with play as he was running into a dangerous position.

Not correct. Only really a case if he was offside for the cross into the middle.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on May 11, 2024, 10:08:02 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

Incorrect. It was a fair goal. As has been pointed out earlier,,the Crewe players in the middle are inactive at the point the receiver who gets possession of the ball is onside,, therefore anything  that happens after is alright, providing their players are onside when the ball is played into the middle (I.e. Not in advance of the ball)  which they were, so it's a goal.

streathamdave

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on May 11, 2024, 10:46:45 am by streathamdave »
How can the player in the middle be inactive when he is running forward from a position that is already past the last defender? He was actively seeking to gain an advantage that a few seconds later he very much got. How is it possible that if he is running into space in a central area that he is not interfering with play?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on May 11, 2024, 10:59:51 am by ravenrover »
Because he is played onside by the forward run of the player reveiving the ball ans as long as he stays behind or level with that player he becomes onside

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on May 11, 2024, 11:00:56 am by BillyStubbsTears »

The criminal thing about that still is the amount of space the Crewe player who crossed it has. Could drive a tank through there.

Yep. We'd just cleared our lines and were regrouping.

And this image shows what b*llocks we scream at officials.

I was sat bang in line with this and I was prepared to state on my kids' lives that the wide player who received the ball was a yard and a half offside.

We all need to reflect on this. Officials very, very rarely get an offside badly wrong. We weren't cheated last night.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on May 11, 2024, 11:02:19 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Because he is played onside by the forward run of the player reveiving the ball ans as long as he stays behind or level with that player he becomes onside

It's not even that. The positions of the  players over the far side are irrelevant when that pass is played. All that then matters is whether they are offside when the cross comes in.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 11, 2024, 11:10:29 am by pib »

Yep. We'd just cleared our lines and were regrouping.

And this image shows what b*llocks we scream at officials.

I was sat bang in line with this and I was prepared to state on my kids' lives that the wide player who received the ball was a yard and a half offside.

We all need to reflect on this. Officials very, very rarely get an offside badly wrong. We weren't cheated last night.

Yep. Very rarely do I voice an opinion on offsides in the ground. Officials do get things wrong but they’re far more likely to be right, when dead in line, and it’s their job, than a fan in the stands who has a worse view and is focusing on 43 other things going on.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on May 11, 2024, 11:19:19 am by Donnywolf »
I agree with "when straight in line" but there are times quite recently when they are yards maybe 5 or 6 yards behind the play.

That may have not been a problem with Goal 2 but it has been of late and not just here

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on May 11, 2024, 11:46:52 am by Spud »
I thought it was tight last night & I'm pretty much in line, that still shoes the liner got it right.
Bad night, we go again next season.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on May 11, 2024, 05:05:48 pm by ravenrover »

It's not even that. The positions of the  players over the far side are irrelevant when that pass is played. All that then matters is whether they are offside when the cross comes in.
Do you know what Billy that's exactly what I said!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012