Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 11:37:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The morning after the night before…  (Read 827 times)

colincramb

• Forum Member
The morning after the night before…
« on May 11, 2024, 08:04:53 am by colincramb »
So, there we have it. Still can’t quite believe how that played out last night. I was utterly convinced we’d score at least 1 all week and to create so little chances over 120 mins is gutting. From 65mins it looked like they were on their arse and it was just a matter of time.

Had a bad feeling about penalties, so won’t say anymore about that.

Ultimately we all should be extremely proud of how this team has conducted itself over the last few months. It’s been a joy to see a winning team again. The fans were amazing last night. Hopefully we will get to experience it again but with the right result. A few tough weeks ahead but once the dust settles it will all be ok.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

allezallezallez

• Forum Member
Re: The morning after the night before…
« Reply #1 on May 11, 2024, 08:11:16 am by allezallezallez »
Fans made it last night....one of the worst and best nights at the Keepmoat/Eco.....

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 11, 2024, 08:13:03 am by drfchound »
What was the attendance last night?
The bbc site usually shows it under the “line ups” page but I can’t see it there this time.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 11, 2024, 08:14:27 am by pib »
What was the attendance last night?
The bbc site usually shows it under the “line ups” page but I can’t see it there this time.

12889 including 1271 Crewe.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 11, 2024, 08:15:15 am by Chris Black come back »
12,889 including 1,271 away fans.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 11, 2024, 08:17:37 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Yep on the pitch nothing went out way we even lost both coin tosses FFS.  Just was not our night. Don't overthink it. If it was one of those games in the league we'd just gloss over it and go again, can't do that in play offs.

But the fans were great and kept behind them all game. We need more of that. Would be great to see crowds in the 7000s more often next year.  Our stadium is unreal when full we need it more.

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 11, 2024, 08:27:53 am by Cramby10 »
Yep. Totally numb this morning. Got a full days work ahead of me and I can’t be arsed to move yet.
If the hurt proves one thing, it’s that we have our club back. And that the alarming apathy that had previously set in is a thing of the past.
At the moment, the thought of another league 2 campaign is not ideal, but when the dust settles after we’ve switched off for a bit I think the town (ooops city) will really get behind the lads for a full tilt at the title.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 11, 2024, 08:28:59 am by Chris Black come back »
Some properly miserable places to return next season. Grim.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 11, 2024, 08:30:52 am by pib »
It was the most nerve wracking, gut wrenching, unpleasant experience last night. Fair play to those that kept singing and shouting, I couldn’t muster it most of the time.

It’s going to take some getting over. Absolutely gutted.

Still, I’d take that over finishing 15th or summat.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 11, 2024, 04:30:07 pm by drfchound »
Yep on the pitch nothing went out way we even lost both coin tosses FFS.  Just was not our night. Don't overthink it. If it was one of those games in the league we'd just gloss over it and go again, can't do that in play offs.

But the fans were great and kept behind them all game. We need more of that. Would be great to see crowds in the 7000s more often next year.  Our stadium is unreal when full we need it more.

Wouldn’t there have been three coin tosses, start of the game, start of extra time and for which end the penalties were to be taken.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012