Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 03:03:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The cost of failure.  (Read 2630 times)

Nudga

• Forum Member
The cost of failure.
« on May 11, 2024, 08:30:45 am by Nudga »
Home games.

Rotherham.
Barnsley
Lincoln
Huddersfield
Birmingham.
Mansfield.
Wrexham.
Stockport
Wigan
Possibly Bolton.

Vs.

Accrington
Bartow
Harrogate
Morecombe
Newport
Salford
Bromley.
Fleetwood

Christ Almighty, lg2 is atrocious. In league one there's loads of 10k plus home games.
Now it's back to 6k. The financial implications must be huge.

For us fans, the away games are dull as f**k.

Edit:

EFL money in lg2 £900k

EFL money in lg1 £1.7m

« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 08:50:04 am by Nudga »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

pib

• Forum Member
Re: The cost of failure.
« Reply #1 on May 11, 2024, 08:31:52 am by pib »
Please don’t Nudga. This is really getting me down.

Fleetwood as well, f**k sake.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 11, 2024, 08:39:55 am by Chris Black come back »
Fleetwood is the proper kicker. Worse away day in the 92? Must be close.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 11, 2024, 08:41:23 am by Michael Shaw »
Total shock and disbelief that we could lose it ...  and yet another season in basement EFL football.
Embarrassing in front of a sell out home crowd. How many of those turned up to see us win easily and are now disillusioned at watching Rovers.

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 11, 2024, 08:46:44 am by turnbull for england »
If you turn up to watch us win easily, you've come to the wrong sport anyway. Yes it's disappointing, but families round me with young kids enjoyed the atmosphere, enjoyed being part of it with mum and dad. We aren't Man city, we don't have a divine right and they have still seen probably the best run of their lifetime

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 11, 2024, 08:46:56 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Home games.

Rotherham.
Barnsley
Lincoln
Huddersfield
Birmingham.
Mansfield.
Wrexham.
Stockport
Wigan
Possibly Bolton.

Vs.

Accrington
Bartow
Harrogate
Morecombe
Newport
Salford
Bromley.

Christ Almighty, lg2 is atrocious. In league one there's loads of 10k plus home games.

Maybe the reason we don't fill the stadium as much as we should because we think we're better than those teams you list.  Do we want more of what we've just experienced? Give yourselves a teamtalk!

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 11, 2024, 08:48:18 am by foxbat »
literally not a single fixture next season to look forward to. Maybe beating Crewe if they don't go up.
We need to be scoring for fun and murdering teams to keep the momentum going.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 11, 2024, 08:50:58 am by dickos1 »
Total shock and disbelief that we could lose it ...  and yet another season in basement EFL football.
Embarrassing in front of a sell out home crowd. How many of those turned up to see us win easily and are now disillusioned at watching Rovers.

Only idiots like you would be embarrassed or disillusioned after that.
Get a grip

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 11, 2024, 08:53:54 am by Nudga »
Home games.

Rotherham.
Barnsley
Lincoln
Huddersfield
Birmingham.
Mansfield.
Wrexham.
Stockport
Wigan
Possibly Bolton.

Vs.

Accrington
Bartow
Harrogate
Morecombe
Newport
Salford
Bromley.

Maybe the reason we don't fill the stadium as much as we should because we think we're better than those teams you list.  Do we want more of what we've just experienced? Give yourselves a teamtalk!

Eh, I'd rather be up there locking horns with Rotherham with 12 to 13k there than playing Barrow.
Even GM said this club shouldn't be in lg2. Yes, we have no divine right in bring in a higher league but looking at the stature of our club, the infrastructure and potential, it has to be at least lg1.

KingKendrick

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 11, 2024, 08:57:41 am by KingKendrick »

Disillusioned? Give it a rest mate. This is football. If you want to watch a side win every week go get a city Season ticket

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 11, 2024, 09:01:37 am by roversdude »
Don’t forget we’ve got Chesterfield too

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 11, 2024, 09:02:16 am by roversdude »

Why was it embarrassing give your head a shake please

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 11, 2024, 09:04:35 am by philsky »

Absolutely not embarrassing at all. Crewe were in the top places all season and are a decent side.

This is football.

Those around me had an absolute ball so I doubt they'll be disillusioned.

Juddy

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 11, 2024, 09:05:13 am by Juddy »
Looking forward to the Port Vale home game

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on May 11, 2024, 09:14:51 am by ravenrover »
From your previous posts, which you should really go back and look at before saying things, you were one of them
Embarrassing!

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 11, 2024, 09:20:37 am by Padge_DRFC »
literally not a single fixture next season to look forward to. Maybe beating Crewe if they don't go up.
We need to be scoring for fun and murdering teams to keep the momentum going.

Cleethorpes away is always a good one

thumper

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 11, 2024, 09:22:03 am by thumper »
Another cost is for me theres no chance of Craig, Molyneaux, Adelakun staying now. Might have been optimistic even if we went up

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on May 11, 2024, 09:23:24 am by glosterred »
Look on the bright side, if we’d got to Wembley it would have cost each of us approximately 200 quid each for the day, cost of tickets 50-80 quid plus each, cost of the coach 55 more if you take the train. Plus food and the if we didn’t win the added disappointment of paying out all that money and still being in league 2 next season. So every cloud…..

Onwards and upwards

COYR

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on May 11, 2024, 09:47:10 am by Scooter »
Look on the bright side, if we’d got to Wembley it would have cost each of us approximately 200 quid each for the day, cost of tickets 50-80 quid plus each, cost of the coach 55 more if you take the train. Plus food and the if we didn’t win the added disappointment of paying out all that money and still being in league 2 next season. So every cloud…..

Onwards and upwards

COYR

That’s my Yorkshire mindset - I’m now saving money

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on May 11, 2024, 10:17:12 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Home games.

Rotherham.
Barnsley
Lincoln
Huddersfield
Birmingham.
Mansfield.
Wrexham.
Stockport
Wigan
Possibly Bolton.

Vs.

Accrington
Bartow
Harrogate
Morecombe
Newport
Salford
Bromley.

Eh, I'd rather be up there locking horns with Rotherham with 12 to 13k there than playing Barrow.
Even GM said this club shouldn't be in lg2. Yes, we have no divine right in bring in a higher league but looking at the stature of our club, the infrastructure and potential, it has to be at least lg1.

We have to earn the right to get promoted I don't get excited about who we play as such, I get excited about supporting Doncaster Rovers.

You must be able to see the irony of the Lucky Pint threads titled 'TLOD'

Did folk turn out in their droves to watch Barrow or Crewe, or to watch Donny?

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 11, 2024, 10:19:11 am by drfcsteve »
I was depressed midway though the season that we’d be in this sh1thole league another year, and I’m depressed now that we are. At least there was a bit at the end of the season to give us all some enjoyment!

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 11, 2024, 10:23:41 am by Padge_DRFC »
Bradford Grimsby Chesterfield Notts County. Other than that every other team isn't fetching more than 500 to us. We need to be getting 7k home fans in every week. We started doing that almost for the last couple of months.
The most bizarre thing is at the start of the season we struggled to get 8k home fans for Everton in the cup.

The keepmoat is ace when it's like that last night, but it's also dreadful when there's only 6000 in

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 11, 2024, 10:40:42 am by Chris Black come back »
No idea who the first home game will be but whether 1000 or 10000 in there, we need to be absolutely obliterating whoever turns up. Get that momentum going again.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 11, 2024, 10:41:11 am by Nudga »
Home games.

Rotherham.
Barnsley
Lincoln
Huddersfield
Birmingham.
Mansfield.
Wrexham.
Stockport
Wigan
Possibly Bolton.

Vs.

Accrington
Bartow
Harrogate
Morecombe
Newport
Salford
Bromley.

We have to earn the right to get promoted I don't get excited about who we play as such, I get excited about supporting Doncaster Rovers.

So you don't get a buzz from the big local derbies?
You know Barrow at home is not the same as Rotherham at home, nowhere near.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on May 11, 2024, 10:41:33 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Bradford Grimsby Chesterfield Notts County. Other than that every other team isn't fetching more than 500 to us. We need to be getting 7k home fans in every week. We started doing that almost for the last couple of months.
The most bizarre thing is at the start of the season we struggled to get 8k home fans for Everton in the cup.

The keepmoat is ace when it's like that last night, but it's also dreadful when there's only 6000 in

That's right. We have to be better at supporting the bread and butter matches, irrespective who we are playing.

Of course, we're bound to be disappointed as, we got so tantalisingly close to a historic feat. Give yourself some time to re energise and reflect on what makes us proud to be Rovers in any division.

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 11, 2024, 10:45:38 am by Fal »
Give your heads a wobble.

12 weeks ago it was highly likely that we could be up against Solihull Moors, Braintree, Eastleigh, Wealdstone, afc fylde.

At least we still have some local games against Chesterfield, Grimsby and Bradford

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on May 11, 2024, 10:48:10 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Home games.

Rotherham.
Barnsley
Lincoln
Huddersfield
Birmingham.
Mansfield.
Wrexham.
Stockport
Wigan
Possibly Bolton.

Vs.

Accrington
Bartow
Harrogate
Morecombe
Newport
Salford
Bromley.

So you don't get a buzz from the big local derbies?
You know Barrow at home is not the same as Rotherham at home, nowhere near.

In all fairness, I think you've made my point for me.

We see many 'bigger' clubs fill the away end at 'The Likes of Donny'.

Local derbies are a different ball game. If we have aspirations to be a bigger club ourselves, we should be out in bigger numbers whether it's Birmingham or Barrow.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 11, 2024, 10:48:42 am by drfcsteve »
I’ve said it before and got shot down, but we need to be closing off parts of the ground to force everyone closer together. Much better atmosphere when there’s a crowd together, rather than a few hundred here and there spread out between 10,000 seats. We can always sell tickets in more blocks as the demand arises. Surely no one is bothered about having their season ticket in the north ends of the west and east stands.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on May 11, 2024, 11:43:33 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

Onwards and upwards

COYR

So it would be great if more could re-invest some of that money in a membership for next season.

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 11, 2024, 12:11:02 pm by TonySoprano »
Home games.

Rotherham.
Barnsley
Lincoln
Huddersfield
Birmingham.
Mansfield.
Wrexham.
Stockport
Wigan
Possibly Bolton.

Vs.

Accrington
Bartow
Harrogate
Morecombe
Newport
Salford
Bromley.
Fleetwood

Edit:

EFL money in lg2 £900k

EFL money in lg1 £1.7m
Wow, league 2 really is horrific.
Like Grant says, this club shouldn't be down here.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012