Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 04:23:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Atmosphere  (Read 3171 times)

DD

• Forum Member
Atmosphere
« on May 11, 2024, 09:38:04 am by DD »
The atmosphere last night was incredible - far far better than any other match ever at Keepmoat. Whole ground involved.
Truly amazing - proud!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: Atmosphere
« Reply #1 on May 11, 2024, 09:39:27 am by DonnyOsmond »
I was in the North East corner and thought the South Stand weren't as good as the away fans, the Barrow games atmosphere was better, although I was sat in the SS that game.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 11, 2024, 09:56:11 am by Nudga »
I was in the North East corner and thought the South Stand weren't as good as the away fans, the Barrow games atmosphere was better, although I was sat in the SS that game.

This is a perfect example of how the noise doesn't travel that well in the ground.
Although I could hear Crewe sometimes, it wasn't that loud but there were plenty of them singing.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 11, 2024, 09:57:53 am by adamtherover »
the south stand by far was the loudest it's ever been IMO.  I could barely hear the Crewe fans?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 11, 2024, 10:02:54 am by Campsall rover »
Our fans were the loudest I have ever heard at the Eco/Keepmoat.
I really thought the ball would be sucked into the net with the sheer volume.

One of those nights when we had nothing going for us. A ref who imo was giving 80% of decisions to Crewe
Got 2 penalty calls wrong.
It just wasn’t to be. One game too many.

Feel devastated this morning. 
We go again in August and hopefully we can do it the easy way next season.
Get to top of league in Sept and stay there all season. That sounds good to me.  :)

thumper

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 11, 2024, 10:04:13 am by thumper »
Was told you could hear the stadium in sprotbrough last night

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 11, 2024, 10:13:58 am by drfcsteve »
The Crewe fans came across loudest on the TV. To be expected I suppose, we didn’t really have anything to cheer all night.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 11, 2024, 10:20:13 am by Padge_DRFC »

This is exactly why it sounds crap inside the ground from the other end of the ground. Could physically see Crewe fans singing but couldn't hear it. Our roof points upwards. Don't most point downwards?

DRFC_AjA

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 11, 2024, 10:20:28 am by DRFC_AjA »
The Crewe fans came across loudest on the TV. To be expected I suppose, we didn’t really have anything to cheer all night.

That's mad really because home fans were absolutely rocking and as someone said could barely hear Crewe

But special mentions to the flag wavers and chap in the south waving his top over his head getting the songs going. Bet he's hoarse today

There were kids near me waving their hands, scarves, tops above their heads and singing and it was fantastic. Well done all and be great to see those flags on a regular basis similar to European footy

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 11, 2024, 10:20:49 am by GazLaz »
That was the loudest I’ve ever heard the stadium. Our fans were great. What you hear on the TV is controlled by the producers and it’s generally the away fans you hear more on tv.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 11, 2024, 10:24:54 am by Padge_DRFC »
That was the loudest I’ve ever heard the stadium. Our fans were great. What you hear on the TV is controlled by the producers and it’s generally the away fans you hear more on tv.

Probably moved the speakers when it became obvious how many people started chanting they had firesticks v having sky

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 11, 2024, 10:30:21 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0htw1fw

Fast forward to 1:57:00 and wait for the handover to Adam Oxley. He could feel it, we could all feel it. Goosebumps.

The noise just wasn't reflected very well on TV, or certainly the highlights I've seen.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 11, 2024, 11:02:50 am by jmt23 »
I have to say, for the build up to the start it was incredible, then they scored, we rallied a little then the second went in, it was understandably flat, with only sporadic chanting. We did keep trying to get it going but nervousness took over the whole crowd.
I still feel there was an air of we just need to turn up, by both the crowd and players. We got a lesson in humility.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 11, 2024, 11:06:48 am by BillyStubbsTears »

It was definitely the loudest I can remember. South Stand was a wall of noise for much of the match.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 11, 2024, 11:11:03 am by johnny rovers »

It was definitely the loudest I can remember. South Stand was a wall of noise for much of the match.

Completely agree, outstanding noise in the south stand. Almost everyone stood up and singing.

Let's open up another conversation.........can anyone who sat in the south stand honestly say they clearly heard the announcements coming through the sound system from Jonathan on the Mic. My personal view is , he might as well not be there. The sound system is rendered null and void! It's not upto the job!

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 11, 2024, 11:14:58 am by Jonathan »

Completely agree, outstanding noise in the south stand. Almost everyone stood up and singing.

Let's open up another conversation.........can anyone who sat in the south stand honestly say they clearly heard the announcements coming through the sound system from Jonathan on the Mic. My personal view is , he might as well not be there. The sound system is rendered null and void! It's not upto the job!

Think the sound system is an adapted car radio taken from a 1987 Volkswagen Jetta.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on May 11, 2024, 11:16:10 am by Donnywolf »
I sat bang on half way in the back row of the West

There is no doubt the South Stand was far louder when singing , drumming and cheering

I would expect them to be given how much they outnumbered the Fans supporting Cynical FC

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 11, 2024, 11:18:04 am by DonnyOsmond »

This is exactly why it sounds crap inside the ground from the other end of the ground. Could physically see Crewe fans singing but couldn't hear it. Our roof points upwards. Don't most point downwards?

Wonder if we could add a lip or something to it to keep the sound in? I genuinely only heard the South Stand about 4 or 5 times.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 11, 2024, 11:21:16 am by johnny rovers »

Think the sound system is an adapted car radio taken from a 1987 Volkswagen Jetta.

The speakers were kept in storage for 50 years. Pass me downs from the York road dog track that once was. Will the club look to invest and upgrade to one, improve the safety of the fans so safety messages can be heard and two improve the fan experience! Improvements need to be made. That's a conversation for another day.

I'm proud of the team and the club as a whole......I just want to  see improvements made across the board......the playing side has made improvements!!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 11:24:30 am by johnny rovers »

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 11, 2024, 11:23:49 am by wilts rover »
From near halfway in the East Stand the Crewe fans were by far the louder.

The South Stand was great in the hour or so before the match, but seemed to die down once the match started. There was a moment in the second half where it picked up, but no, mostly Crewe from where I was sitting.

Which pretty much sums up the match itself.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 11, 2024, 11:28:49 am by Sprotyrover »
From Halfway in West stand we could hear Crewe fans but they were on our side of ground, but overall it was a Bearpit in there last night!

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 11, 2024, 11:33:35 am by Jonathan »
Can we stop this nonsense of couldn’t hear the South Stand / Crewe fans louder. No. Crewe fans will have done themselves credit (>1k would when winning away in the play offs) but to suggest our fans were quiet is just contrary bullshit. Atmosphere was great. Of course the early goals against affected it but the crowd stayed with the team and naturally picked up when shooting our way. Credit to the supporters last night. Let’s not try to take that away.

We need to harness the feel good factor and come back strong next season.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 11, 2024, 11:34:44 am by DonnyOsmond »
Can we stop this nonsense of couldn’t hear the South Stand / Crewe fans louder. No. Crewe fans will have done themselves credit (>1k would when winning away in the play offs) but to suggest our fans were quiet is just contrary bullshit. Atmosphere was great. Of course the early goals against affected it but the crowd stayed with the team and naturally picked up when shooting our way.

I think it's more to do with how the sound travels in our stadium than a criticism Jonathan.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 11, 2024, 11:34:55 am by NickDRFC »
From near halfway in the East Stand the Crewe fans were by far the louder.

The South Stand was great in the hour or so before the match, but seemed to die down once the match started. There was a moment in the second half where it picked up, but no, mostly Crewe from where I was sitting.

Which pretty much sums up the match itself.

Bizarre. I was in the south stand and it was the best I’ve ever known it at a home game.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 11, 2024, 11:36:44 am by Jonathan »
Can we stop this nonsense of couldn’t hear the South Stand / Crewe fans louder. No. Crewe fans will have done themselves credit (>1k would when winning away in the play offs) but to suggest our fans were quiet is just contrary bullshit. Atmosphere was great. Of course the early goals against affected it but the crowd stayed with the team and naturally picked up when shooting our way.

I think it's more to do with how the sound travels in our stadium than a criticism Jonathan.

However it travels (we know acoustically it’s not the best) it’s just rubbish to suggest the South Stand couldn’t be heard within the ground. All sides joined in and we need more of that, it was great.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 11, 2024, 11:39:31 am by pib »
It was the best at that ground for a long long time. Possibly the best since it opened. Electric at times. We need more full houses like that.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 11, 2024, 11:55:36 am by Padge_DRFC »
It puts to bed the Belle Vue was better for it. Just is a shame how poorly it's been built for staying in the ground noise wise

Thorney

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 11, 2024, 11:59:58 am by Thorney »
Its the best ive felt it.
It shows whatbhaving a large crowd and a team playing for something does when im stood biting my nails and too nervous to speak and turn to my side to see the 11yr old daughter with arms in the air joining in with the rovers chanting.

Before xmas she didnt want to go back to the rovers and said it wasnt enjoyable at all. After the barrow game she got the bug back and even was shouting in extra time that someone needs to have a word with the ref, even extended it to a slap

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on May 11, 2024, 12:02:06 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I did wonder at times whether we'd see these sort of atmospheres repeated but thankfully, we've had another taste of something special which will hopefully see us grow again.

Reflecting on the semi v Southend and what a cloud 9 experience that was, it was when the South Stand was reserved seating and we didn’t have the same 'bounce' as we've more recently witnessed occasionally and peaked v Barrow and last night. Of course, everyone else then feeds off the chants and claps.

That third goal moment v Barrow will live long...Wow. 

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 11, 2024, 12:03:51 pm by DonnyOsmond »

However it travels (we know acoustically it’s not the best) it’s just rubbish to suggest the South Stand couldn’t be heard within the ground. All sides joined in and we need more of that, it was great.

How's it rubbish? I was in the ground in the opposite end and couldn't hear it, that's a fact? Whether it was the best atmosphere that stand has ever created it still couldn't travel to the opposite end so your comment is daft saying that it's rubbish to say that they couldn't be heard.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012