Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 09:39:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Corners  (Read 750 times)

andyst79

• Forum Member
Corners
« on May 11, 2024, 03:19:18 pm by andyst79 »
Thought our corner routines were poor last night, 10 corners we had and didn't really threaten. Crewe did  their  homework and doubled up on Molly & Haks to negate the short corner but you'd expect a bit more. We didn't have much luck unfortunately & kudos to GM for trying to go and win the game in extra time by going 3 at the back. However fair play to Crewe their penalty's were better and tactically I thought their manager outsmarted us over the two ties by limiting our wide players which seemed to leave Ironside ploughing a lonely furrow at times.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

grayx

• Forum Member
Re: Corners
« Reply #1 on May 11, 2024, 06:45:32 pm by grayx »
I never felt we threatened at all at corners, which is disappointing considering we had Woods , Anderson & Ironside to target.
Some poor crossing in general last night, a lot being over hit.

Pliskin

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 11, 2024, 06:53:27 pm by Pliskin »
Our corners have been poor all season, even when we've been winning.

Sometimes you need to find another way to score when you're struggling to create from open play. We didn't have that last night.

DollyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 11, 2024, 06:58:00 pm by DollyRover »
With wood and Anderson it does feel like we should strike fear I'm the opposition like Jones and McCombe but we've sadly been poor both offensively and defensively from corners most of the season.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 12, 2024, 09:37:24 am by colincramb »
At stat on the sky extended highlights shows we’ve conceded more goals (29) from crosses than any other team in league 2 this season. This needs seriously addressing ahead of next season

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 12, 2024, 10:33:07 am by karldew »
At stat on the sky extended highlights shows we’ve conceded more goals (29) from crosses than any other team in league 2 this season. This needs seriously addressing ahead of next season

I wonder how many of those were before January.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 12, 2024, 10:38:04 am by idler »
At stat on the sky extended highlights shows we’ve conceded more goals (29) from crosses than any other team in league 2 this season. This bneeds seriously addressing ahead of next season

I wonder how many of those were before January.
I was thinking exactly the same. We were a different team when Wood came back and TLT appeared.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012