Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 11:15:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: It Keeps Hitting Me  (Read 1108 times)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
It Keeps Hitting Me
« on May 11, 2024, 11:35:43 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Every time I manage to put the memory of last night behind me I get a horrible shock when it returns. I woke up this morning thinking it was all a nightmare, and throughout the day, for the first time in my life I've been having daymares.

To be honest, most of my hurt is not down to  feeling sorry for myself, because last night was the first game I'd attender for a while. My main upset is the sadness on the faces of the proper fans around me who attend home and away, through thick and thin. Proper supporters like my lad, who was truly gutted. Proper supporters like Harrogate Rover and his son, who never have a "home game" whilst supporting their beloved Rovers all over the country. The hurt in their eyes really got to me. Proper supporters like Campsall Rover, who was clearly devastated by it all.

It sickens me to reflect on their expressions of anguish as they left the ground compared to their happy smiling faces when they arrived.

It's a funny old form of entertainment!

What is a given though, is each and everyone of them will be back next season.

The only nice memory about last night was being introduced to Goalkick in the BVB after the game. What a lovely bloke.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 11:41:35 pm by Bentley Bullet »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: It Keeps Hitting Me
« Reply #1 on May 12, 2024, 09:54:56 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
It's the hurt that makes the good times better. Glad to hear you were there to soak it all in and polish up that Crystal Ball next time!

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 12, 2024, 10:02:55 am by ChrisBx »
I'm confident that next season will make up for it. Just the three month wait to navigate!

Harrogate Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 12, 2024, 10:18:09 am by Harrogate Rover »
Every time I manage to put the memory of last night behind me I get a horrible shock when it returns. I woke up this morning thinking it was all a nightmare, and throughout the day, for the first time in my life I've been having daymares.

To be honest, most of my hurt is not down to  feeling sorry for myself, because last night was the first game I'd attender for a while. My main upset is the sadness on the faces of the proper fans around me who attend home and away, through thick and thin. Proper supporters like my lad, who was truly gutted. Proper supporters like Harrogate Rover and his son, who never have a "home game" whilst supporting their beloved Rovers all over the country. The hurt in their eyes really got to me. Proper supporters like Campsall Rover, who was clearly devastated by it all.

It sickens me to reflect on their expressions of anguish as they left the ground compared to their happy smiling faces when they arrived.

The only nice memory about last night was being introduced to Goalkick in the BVB after the game. What a lovely bloke.

What a lovely thing to say BB.

Must admit the journey home was a pretty sombre one, we'd convinced ourselves that we were going to Wembley enough to the point that instead of having our traditional Bovril, we both had a pint.

Then I realise coming to Rovers is more than the football. It was lovely to see you again and have a catch up and see, despite not being at a game for several months, how much Rovers means to you. I don't know if I mentioned it, but I found out on Friday night that Lesley, who we used to sit near, lost her Mum recently. I've had a little catch up with her this morning. Someone I've known for nearly 20 years because of our connection with Rovers.

You're right, we will be back next season. I look forward to seeing Campsell Rover and his mate ( I don't know his name, and he probably doesn't know mine), Dave from Cirencester and, of course Lee and your good self.
Like I say coming to Rovers is more than just football. See you in August  :scarf: :scarf:
« Last Edit: May 12, 2024, 10:21:29 am by Harrogate Rover »

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 12, 2024, 10:27:17 am by Nudga »
Same. I was on auto pilot cutting the grass yesterday, don't really remember doing it.

And this morning is mine and my sons last ever match in junior football so I have a heavy football related heart.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 12, 2024, 10:32:50 am by roversdude »
My lad broke down in tears once we were in the car, held it in until we were on our own. That was as hurtful as the defeat. All I could say is we will be back stronger next season and we will be there to see it all again. The bad times make the good times even better

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 12, 2024, 11:46:55 am by BobG »

What a lovely thing to say BB.

Must admit the journey home was a pretty sombre one, we'd convinced ourselves that we were going to Wembley enough to the point that instead of having our traditional Bovril, we both had a pint.

Then I realise coming to Rovers is more than the football. It was lovely to see you again and have a catch up and see, despite not being at a game for several months, how much Rovers means to you. I don't know if I mentioned it, but I found out on Friday night that Lesley, who we used to sit near, lost her Mum recently. I've had a little catch up with her this morning. Someone I've known for nearly 20 years because of our connection with Rovers.

You're right, we will be back next season. I look forward to seeing Campsell Rover and his mate ( I don't know his name, and he probably doesn't know mine), Dave from Cirencester and, of course Lee and your good self.
Like I say coming to Rovers is more than just football. See you in August  :scarf: :scarf:

Harrogate - I saw your reference to 'Dave from Cirencester'. Is there any way you could introduce me to him please? I do a lot of shopping in that  town...

Thanks

BobG

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 12, 2024, 12:27:54 pm by Spud »
I had a great day with my youngest lad, he's 21 now so don't see too much of him. Bbq, few games of pool, then off to the game & had a couple of beers beforehand too. Only the result let us down, but it didn't spoil the day & we're planning a few trips next year already, let's hope the footy keeps entertaining, Grant & Cliff are doing us proud so far.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 12, 2024, 01:33:51 pm by Barmby Rover »
This was a bad day, and we are all disappointed. However, I now have money to enjoy a summer instead of on tickets and fares to Wembley. Next season SHOULD be a good one and we had one hell of a good night with a stadium full, not seen that since Championship days.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012