Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 03:53:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: TLT  (Read 4075 times)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
TLT
« on May 16, 2024, 06:52:37 am by Chris Black come back »
Not coming back in any form according to Free Press. Wants to make a go of it at Hull City next season. Can’t say that is hugely surprising.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
Re: TLT
« Reply #1 on May 16, 2024, 06:56:56 am by PDX_Rover »
Time will tell.

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 16, 2024, 07:14:18 am by Silkscarf »
I thought he might want to do that. I’d do the same. He’s already at a decent size Tier 2 club, so prove yourself there and you can get a move a division higher or even promotion with them.

He’s set the bar for what we need from the first choice goalie and has shown that what we have isn’t good enough. For once I think everyone on here agrees with that.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 16, 2024, 07:23:00 am by pib »
Time will tell.

Exactly. Season is barely over and they haven’t appointed a new manager yet. If a new boss comes in and tells him he’s 4th choice, I’m sure he’ll be out of there. Not necessarily to us like.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 16, 2024, 07:38:19 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Wouldn't people be worried if players didn't want an opportunity to be at that level and have confidence they were good enough?

He did amazing here and showed we need a strong keeper but ultimately he's shown he's better than our level unfortunately.

Good luck to him and you never know but for us we need to find a permanent keeper of high quality.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 16, 2024, 07:42:57 am by ncRover »
I think getting another loan GK is probably the safest bet. Doubt there will be anyone remotely like TLT in the permanent market for this level.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 16, 2024, 07:53:03 am by Pancho Regan »
Time will tell.

No, I think Tim already told.......

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 16, 2024, 07:53:34 am by roversdude »
Tbf we have done pretty well with loan keepers.
As much as I like our own keepers it has highlighted that neither are at the standard to be first choice if we are really going to challenge next season.
You wouldn’t expect TLT to say any different really would you

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 16, 2024, 08:07:18 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Even in the remote possibility he fails to impress at Hull, he's raised his stock so other higher ranked clubs would likely be in hot pursuit of him.

I wish him all the best after being a very bright light for us in the footsteps of Sam Johnstone and Senny Dieng.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 16, 2024, 08:23:17 am by Alan Southstand »
Still disappointing, though. What a difference he made.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 16, 2024, 08:26:10 am by mushRTID »
Gutted but not surprised.

One of my first thoughts at 11pm on Friday wasn't only missing out on promotion, it was losing these players.

Trust Grant to get someone just as good in, not sure we will get better.

I think TLT is very close to being my favorite loan signing of all time. What a player and character.

All the best big man!

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 16, 2024, 09:03:22 am by GazLaz »
He will go down in Rovers folk law.

He doesn’t want to be sat on Hulls bench next season.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on May 16, 2024, 09:25:52 am by ravenrover »
If he's not second choice he wont be

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 16, 2024, 09:27:24 am by Herbert Anchovy »
There's a bit of context to this that may be interesting.

Earlier on this week the owner at Hull held a Meet the Owners event. At this event he was very openly and very publicly critical of certain individual players, including their goalkeeper.

It seems that one of the reasons he's sacked their Manager (despite finishing 7th) was his unwillingness to drop certain players due to poor form (or perceived poor form on the part of the owner) and this included the keeper amongst others. As a result of this public criticism it's felt by some fans that this is a clear indication that these players will be offloaded, after all who'd want to stay at a club where the owner has called you out personally and publicly?

So, it looks like Hull will possibly be releasing 2 keepers during the summer, which means that TLT will potentially have the opportunity to move up the pecking order. However, the view amongst the fans (well, my Hull supporting mates) is that he'd have needed to improve quite a bit to get into their side. Plus, there are rumours of various other keepers who they're interested in.

As a general point about Hull, their owner is an interesting fella. He's done a fabulous PR job to get the fans on side through paying for fans to travel to Turkey to watch friendlies and funding away travel to league games. He is a TV personality in Turkey and has certainly put his money where his mouth is, but since he sacked a very popular manager and it seems that he has slightly more influence on the playing side that originally thought, all may not seem as clear as it once did.

Watch this space...

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 16, 2024, 10:24:40 am by andyst79 »
Needs to work on collecting crosses , this was his only real weakness. Still very young but got a lot of great attributes, he will be missed.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 16, 2024, 11:10:10 am by Barmby Rover »
TLT has shown he is more than a capable goalie who really needs to play at a much higher level than Lg.2 Any Championship club should be glad to get hold of him if Hull are stupid enough not to give him a proper berth there.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 16, 2024, 11:15:14 am by Barmby Rover »
If we get stuck with Lawlor or Jones as our only alternatives for the goalie next year kiss goodbye to any challenge for promotion, neither can control their area, their distribution is poor and the back 4 are constantly looking over their shoulders when they are there in case they need to try and save them. The whole defence starts with a reliable goalie, we don't have one on the books now.

Reg of the Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 16, 2024, 11:20:28 am by Reg of the Rovers »
Loan keepers in this league is definitely the fashion, Wrexham for one did well with a good loan keeper. We've had success there before, TLT and Dieng being the best, so no reason why we couldn't go out again and get someone decent with Lawlor as decent back up. I personally think Jones will leave of his own accord to go and find a first team spot to try and move his career on.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on May 16, 2024, 12:07:18 pm by eastender »
Loan keepers in this league is definitely the fashion, Wrexham for one did well with a good loan keeper. We've had success there before, TLT and Dieng being the best, so no reason why we couldn't go out again and get someone decent with Lawlor as decent back up. I personally think Jones will leave of his own accord to go and find a first team spot to try and move his career on.
I think Sam Johnstone might have something to say about that.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 16, 2024, 12:28:23 pm by wing commander »
  I don't think many of us are shocked at this, he will want progression whether that's with competing with the no1 Jersey at Hull or at league 1 level first team football.
  I wasn't that impressed with the decision to bring Lawlor back tbh, he wasn't good enough first time and he hasn't improved this time. However GM has issued his war cry about a title tilt next year so i'm sure he realises that a better keeper is required for that

Reg of the Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 16, 2024, 12:36:30 pm by Reg of the Rovers »
Quite right, definitely should be on my list - but proves the point that you can get a good loan keeper. Ramsdale, Pickford, Pope and others all had loans around our level, so hope for getting another decent one through the door in the summer.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 16, 2024, 12:41:19 pm by GazLaz »

He was the clear standout for me. Dieng and TLT both great though.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on May 16, 2024, 01:25:08 pm by Filo »
He’ll be very hard to replace, I’ve never felt more comfortable with a keeper playing out from the back, he was crucial to the way we played

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on May 16, 2024, 02:22:45 pm by roversdude »
Listening to Grants latest interview he mentions that Kyle is on the case

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on May 16, 2024, 02:25:14 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Listening to Grants latest interview he mentions that Kyle is on the case

Yes, that was very subtle!

donnyspadge

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 16, 2024, 02:57:33 pm by donnyspadge »
Marosi would you have him back

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 16, 2024, 03:16:04 pm by Alan Southstand »
Not for me.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on May 16, 2024, 07:10:33 pm by dknward2 »
Thank you TLT good luck in the future

Now time to get someone new and better than we currently have

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 16, 2024, 07:23:58 pm by mushRTID »
Marosi would you have him back

Great banter

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on May 17, 2024, 11:42:03 am by BillyStubbsTears »
If we get stuck with Lawlor or Jones as our only alternatives for the goalie next year kiss goodbye to any challenge for promotion, neither can control their area, their distribution is poor and the back 4 are constantly looking over their shoulders when they are there in case they need to try and save them. The whole defence starts with a reliable goalie, we don't have one on the books now.

Saying Jones's distribution is poor is ridiculous. He is excellent at getting the ball out quickly and accurately.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012