Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:30:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: We're all Saints aren't we!  (Read 1935 times)

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
We're all Saints aren't we!
« on May 17, 2024, 11:00:50 pm by Lesonthewest »
Very very best of luck at Wembley!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

tommy toes

• Forum Member
Re: We're all Saints aren't we!
« Reply #1 on May 17, 2024, 11:05:44 pm by tommy toes »
Indeed. Come on the Saints!

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 18, 2024, 12:20:40 am by les@donr »
….and Crowley!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 18, 2024, 06:48:35 am by Chris Black come back »
I see that Southampton beat leads home and away this season; 3-1 and 2-1. That must provide some hope.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 18, 2024, 11:39:31 am by glosterred »

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 18, 2024, 11:42:22 am by Barmby Rover »
I hope that the Tyke is happy, guaranteed 6 points for the Dingles no matter which of the two go up from Wembley.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 18, 2024, 11:47:08 am by DonnyNoel »
No loyalty to Leeds but a bit torn on this as it got me thinking about Yorkshire football. Some big clubs and passionate fan bases so no Yorkshire club in the premiership doesn't sit quite right.

streathamdave

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 18, 2024, 02:11:41 pm by streathamdave »
No loyalty to Leeds but a bit torn on this as it got me thinking about Yorkshire football. Some big clubs and passionate fan bases so no Yorkshire club in the premiership doesn't sit quite right.
All those Leeds fans in Doncaster sits less right. Including family members who I've tried my best to convert.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 18, 2024, 03:41:05 pm by deebee »

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 18, 2024, 03:44:40 pm by DonnyNoel »
All those Leeds fans in Doncaster sits less right. Including family members who I've tried my best to convert.

As a teenager in the 90's being a Rovers fan at school was a lonely business. Sadly there are too many fans of other clubs in Doncaster, not just Leeds but thats me going off on a tangent.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 18, 2024, 03:52:14 pm by German Rover »

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 18, 2024, 06:28:47 pm by scawsby steve »
Leeds and Southampton are both an irrelevance to me. Other than Rovers, I'm just a football fan.

On that basis, I want to see a good game of football at Wembley between two good footballing sides, which they both are.

I hope the best team on the day wins.

redandwhitewizard

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 18, 2024, 06:54:50 pm by redandwhitewizard »
There will never be a reason for me to support Leeds. Good beaten up by drunken men on the popside age 14. Yes I was a gobshite but their response was ab over reaction and has coloured my view forever..proud t have brought up two lads in pontefract playing Inn predominately Leeds supporting cricket and football clubs wearing their red and white hoops

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 19, 2024, 09:29:19 pm by The Beast »

As a teenager in the 90's being a Rovers fan at school was a lonely business. Sadly there are too many fans of other clubs in Doncaster, not just Leeds but thats me going off on a tangent.

I was a teenager in the 90’s, I know it’s hard to believe, and it was a lonely place, think there were only 5/6 of us Rovers in the school, I work in a school now and half the school had Rovers fever over April, it’s was great to hear the pupils talking and singing about Rovers, gone a bit quiet now but there’s a lot of potential if the club can push on and harness this.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 20, 2024, 09:30:04 am by Mike_F »
I live in Leeds now and there's one thing that I think we could take inspiration from. There's a bloke known as the Burley Banksy who has painted most of the wifi cabinets and a load of other "street furniture" with Leeds colours and slogans. It makes the city feel very partisan towards that horrible club of theirs. I begrudgingly take my hat off to him. If we did something similar in Donny it would surely help to reaffirm the "Our city, Our club" theme.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 20, 2024, 10:05:18 am by philsky »

Went to Wembley with Mrs R and both kids who were very young.

Used the tube for the return journey and never felt so intimidated.

Never liked their fanbase and I dont care that it was just a couple of dozen 'fans' - their behaviour was totally unacceptable.

Awful, awful fans

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 21, 2024, 11:40:11 am by ForsolongaRover »
Saints winning the final will be what all their fans want. Losing will put them up against their bitter rivals next season - Portsmouth. This prospect may well bring a measure of delight to some of their base, but the more sensible ones view it with horror and makes it even more important for them to win.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 21, 2024, 12:14:57 pm by Axholme Lion »
Bully boys who are only good in numbers, turn up and terrify small town clubs. They don't like it when they get some back. Scummy tramps.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on May 21, 2024, 12:28:34 pm by Filo »

You need to work harder on your Uncle Mick lol!

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 21, 2024, 05:19:44 pm by RoversInSpain »
Growing up as a Rovers fan in the 70’s makes it easy to want Southampton to win.
Dirty Leeds
Definition of Dirty, covered or marked in a substance
Or as an activity,…. dishonest and dishonourable.
Simple really.
Though I did like Billy Bremner very much once he’d got out of Leeds and eventually came over to the brighter side of football.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 21, 2024, 08:06:02 pm by coventryrover »
Cmon Leeds.

Don't like Saints.   They're southern  and boring.    However Sunaks support tips it for me

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 21, 2024, 08:23:35 pm by ncRover »
Cmon Leeds.

Don't like Saints.   They're southern  and boring.    However Sunaks support tips it for me

I am dying for any journalist to ask Rishi on the spot what Southampton’s starting XI in the semi-final was.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 21, 2024, 09:39:09 pm by normal rules »
Yorkshire club.
You cannot question their support.
Sunak is a saint.
Nuff said.

moses

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on May 22, 2024, 10:46:34 am by moses »
Mixed feelings for me.
Lived in Leeds in 90's with a couple of Leeds supporting housemates, went to a few of their games during the season they won the league, was delighted when they pipped Man Utd to the title.
Leeds fan told me he was going to cut me up and post me through my letterbox on discovering I was a Rovers fan whilst I was on my first date with the now wife.

So come on you Saints, my mates will be unbearable if Leeds win!
But more recently Leeds have been  rivals

TinyPortal © 2005-2012