Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 04:31:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ticket Office  (Read 3146 times)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Ticket Office
« on May 18, 2024, 10:29:00 am by GazLaz »
Just been to the TO to buy three season tickets. “Sorry we are not selling them today because the rugby is on”.

10am, the ticket office is open, not a sinner around. Come on, if it was peak time and they were rushed off their feet fair enough.

Yes I could do it online, yes I could do it over the phone BUT this was a little club engagement trip with my little boy. Turning away customers that want to spend hundreds and hundreds of pounds is probably a sub optimal approach.

Was also there to make the £100 academy donation from the Colin C bet… can’t even give money away!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2024, 10:47:13 am by GazLaz »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Ticket Office
« Reply #1 on May 18, 2024, 10:35:25 am by Filo »
Crackers, a sale is a sale, why are they turning customers away?

And if the Rugby is the excuse why hasn’t it been communicated?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 18, 2024, 10:43:36 am by GazLaz »
Crackers, a sale is a sale, why are they turning customers away?

And if the Rugby is the excuse why hasn’t it been communicated?

It may have been and to be honest I forgot the rugby was on. Even if I would have known it was on I wouldn’t have changed the plan knowing I would have been there that early.

Whatever the directive, if you were sat in an empty ticket office, in front of your computer, and someone asked you to click a few buttons on your mouse, you’d find it hard to sit their with a straight face and say no wouldn’t you.

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 18, 2024, 11:41:51 am by TonySoprano »
Just been to the TO to buy three season tickets. “Sorry we are not selling them today because the rugby is on”.

10am, the ticket office is open, not a sinner around. Come on, if it was peak time and they were rushed off their feet fair enough.

Yes I could do it online, yes I could do it over the phone BUT this was a little club engagement trip with my little boy. Turning away customers that want to spend hundreds and hundreds of pounds is probably a sub optimal approach.

Was also there to make the £100 academy donation from the Colin C bet… can’t even give money away!
Bizarre thing to moan about, just buy online.

Plumbster

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 18, 2024, 11:44:48 am by Plumbster »
After the Crewe home and away fiasco I came to the conclusion that it’s a management issue, the staff in there do a brilliant job despite some very strange decisions from above.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 18, 2024, 11:53:54 am by Padge_DRFC »
Rugby isn't going to rush anyone off their feet either. What are crowds these days 5-600?

DRFC_AjA

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 18, 2024, 11:55:20 am by DRFC_AjA »
Have a day off from winging at the club jeez. It's a rugby day, for one day. And it's not like you're not going to be able to buy any other day. And it's not like the club is going to miss out on loads, even any, sales of STs. So just calm the hell down constantly criticising

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 18, 2024, 12:00:02 pm by GazLaz »

What if I wanted to pay cash?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 18, 2024, 12:00:50 pm by GazLaz »
Rugby isn't going to rush anyone off their feet either. What are crowds these days 5-600?

It’s the Challenge Cup semi final. Hull KR vs Wigan.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 18, 2024, 12:03:41 pm by GazLaz »
Have a day off from winging at the club jeez. It's a rugby day, for one day. And it's not like you're not going to be able to buy any other day. And it's not like the club is going to miss out on loads, even any, sales of STs. So just calm the hell down constantly criticising

It’s just w**k though isn’t it? Made the effort to drive half an hour there to spend some money and can’t spend it? In person sales are worth more than online surely because there more chance of a spin off purchase in the club shop.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 18, 2024, 12:06:39 pm by graingrover »
Jeez ! It is a day dedicated to the semi-final Of the Rugby League not a Rovers day .It is NOT a Robers management issue it is an issue for folk to realise we have three clubs to cater for and in this day third-party business .
« Last Edit: May 18, 2024, 12:09:30 pm by graingrover »

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 18, 2024, 12:13:30 pm by johnny rovers »
Today's game's won't be a complete sell out. The seats in the far block of the west stand still haven't been replaced with new seat backs, thus the netting still cover the affected area. Very disappointing.

But on a positive note, replays are being played on the big screen. Hopefully someone will be able to confirm if this is a permanent fix or just a temporary fix.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2024, 12:16:10 pm by johnny rovers »

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on May 18, 2024, 12:23:57 pm by idler »
I have never had any problems with the ticket office at all over the years buying tickets the staff are great. It would have made sense to have one terminal that could be used for anything other than rugby until it got busy. Surely there won’t be that many customers buying anything else but rugby tickets before 1pm.
Good business practice is never to miss out on a sale if at all possible.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 18, 2024, 12:55:40 pm by johnny rovers »
I have never had any problems with the ticket office at all over the years buying tickets the staff are great. It would have made sense to have one terminal that could be used for anything other than rugby until it got busy. Surely there won’t be that many customers buying anything else but rugby tickets before 1pm.

On the RFL website it said that tickets couldn't be purchased on the day. Does that mean only collections are operating today?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 18, 2024, 01:04:10 pm by wilts rover »

It's a sell-out today. 15k expected.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 18, 2024, 01:05:17 pm by wilts rover »

On the RFL website it said that tickets couldn't be purchased on the day. Does that mean only collections are operating today?

I didn't think you could buy from Rovers? I thought you had to purchase from either Hull KR or Wigan?

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on May 18, 2024, 01:09:48 pm by mpc123 »

I think it needs raising personally. We moan about bums on seats, season tickets etc. I'm normally back the club up but I just don't get it. CLUB DONCASTER, but still they are classed as seperate.... when rugby's on, we dont want football fans. It's not the way to go forward. It would be interesting to see if this has been forced by the club or was it a member of staff who can't be arsed.

We have been through some real rough times as a club and even in league 2 we need investment to get anywhere, but they turn it down.

Doesn't seem right to me.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 18, 2024, 01:10:49 pm by johnny rovers »

Won't that many, some seats in the west stand not used due to 
being mothballed!

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 18, 2024, 01:14:03 pm by wilts rover »

Won't that many, some seats in the west stand not used due to 
being mothballed!

If you say so:

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/challenge-cup-semi-final-ticket-sales-update-as-hull-kr-game-heads-for-milestone

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 18, 2024, 01:16:03 pm by Chris Black come back »
Do supporters get segregated at rugby league? Maybe that explains the higher gate.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 18, 2024, 01:26:28 pm by wilts rover »
Do supporters get segregated at rugby league? Maybe that explains the higher gate.

Hull KR have been selling the South & West Stands. Wigan the North & East. I presume there will be a bit of segregation but nothing like at football.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 18, 2024, 01:29:59 pm by johnny rovers »

Hull KR have been selling the South & West Stands. Wigan the North & East. I presume there will be a bit of segregation but nothing like at football.

I doubt there is any segregation. It's never really necessary in rugby league

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 18, 2024, 01:47:39 pm by The Beast »
Doncaster is hosting the Challenge Cup Semi live on the beeb, it’s great for the town, we’ve got thousands of visitors spending their hard earned money in Donny, yet people are moaning about not been able to buy their season tickets, 3 months before the season starts, perspective please.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 18, 2024, 01:52:26 pm by The Beast »
Just seen the start, I see Wigan still bring the ref in the team bus, blatant forward pass by Wigan at the play of the ball, ref gives Wigan a penalty and they score.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on May 18, 2024, 01:55:52 pm by Filo »
Doncaster is hosting the Challenge Cup Semi live on the beeb, it’s great for the town, we’ve got thousands of visitors spending their hard earned money in Donny, yet people are moaning about not been able to buy their season tickets, 3 months before the season starts, perspective please.

Read the op there was no one there, would it have hurt to do the trensaction?

RoversDave

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on May 18, 2024, 02:03:27 pm by RoversDave »
I'm with Gaz, if they are sat twiddling their thumbs at 10.30 they can take 5 mins to serve a Doncaster Rovers season ticket holder.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 18, 2024, 02:11:15 pm by drfcsteve »
Ridiculous really. Could have been a new fan deciding to commit to a season ticket after seeing the end of this season, and we send them away.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 18, 2024, 02:17:03 pm by The Beast »

Read the op there was no one there, would it have hurt to do the trensaction?
Well if it’s the case that someone just couldn’t be bothered to do the transaction that is poor but maybe they were just not set up to sell season tickets, they could be just set up for rugby ticket collection and not had anyone who could execute the transaction. Surely if you were going specifically for season tickets you’d check before you traveled.

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 18, 2024, 02:35:56 pm by TonySoprano »

What if I wanted to pay cash?
Why would you ?

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 18, 2024, 02:37:53 pm by EasyforDennis »
No tickets on the day!! It's the rugby league semi final. Imagine someone from Wigan or Hull trying to buy a ticket and being told sorry no tickets sold today and the bloke next to him is allowed to buy a DRFC season ticket. It's an argument waiting to happen.
One thing that does look good though is fans drinking pints in the stand on a sunny day and NO trouble whatsoever.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012