Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:11:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sheffield Wednesday  (Read 10954 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re:Sheffield Wednesday
« Reply #30 on February 10, 2010, 10:24:08 pm by Filo »
VikingJames wrote:
Can somebody ban this pillock?

For what exactly?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on February 10, 2010, 10:26:57 pm by 5minstogo »
Filo wrote:
VikingJames wrote:

For what exactly?

For being a bummer?

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 10, 2010, 10:28:22 pm by roversam »
Filo wrote:
VikingJames wrote:

For what exactly?
Yes i agree Filo,what harm does a bit of banter  do.

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on February 10, 2010, 10:34:42 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
Walkley_owl wrote:
you're away support pisses on ours?  :laugh:

Sheffield Wednesday - average away following 1922    Equals 8% of total support
Doncaster Rovers      - average away following 1508     Equals 14.6% of total support.

So. In percentage terms, Rovers are almost twice as well supported away from home as a supposedly massive club.

To clarify: our away support pisses over yours.

Oh, and as the this link below shows, Rovers are the second most popular away team to watch in the whole league after Newcastle.

Must be something to do with our Total Football eh?

http://stats.checkyourodds.co.uk/Championship-Attendances-Away.php

Anything else we can help you with?  :laugh:

thornerover94

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on February 10, 2010, 11:25:55 pm by thornerover94 »
Snods Shinpad wrote:
Walkley_owl wrote:

Doncaster Rovers      - average away following 1508     Equals 14.6% of total support.

So. In percentage terms, Rovers are almost twice as well supported away from home as a supposedly massive club.

Oh, and as the this link below shows, Rovers are the second most popular away team to watch in the whole league after Newcastle.

dont you just love it not only cant they beat us on the pitch but they cant even win when it comes to a bit of banter maybe walkley its time for you walkley back to sheffield and hide somewhere in your steel city cos theres an invasion of vikings coming your way and we dont show mercy  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on February 10, 2010, 11:38:34 pm by MrFrost »
Walkley I used to have relatives on cundy street. They had to move because of how bad an area it is. Broken in to seven times in a year, the car nicked. You get the picture. Neighbours were eastern European with ten in a two bedroom terrace. And like someone else has said our away support percentage is twice yours now jog on sunshine it isn't half term til next week is it.

Guernsey Exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on February 11, 2010, 02:12:07 am by Guernsey Exile »
Snods Shinpad wrote:
Walkley_owl wrote:

Ha Briliant snods!!!!! Actually im worried - where has w**kley owl gone???????

Walkley_owl

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on February 11, 2010, 10:22:28 am by Walkley_owl »
Care to show me where you got our average from?

I have it as 2,200 in the league only, as for the away attendances thing, of course it's going to reflect that, you have 10k at your place week in week out so your avergae at going to BIGGER grounds will reflect that.

Our away gate with you was 12k? yours will be double that so that stat is flawed but it does paint \"the Arsenal of the North\" in a good light so you cling it on to it petal.

That stat will be more indicitive at the end of the season when we have all played 23 away games, the Blades sit 3rd bottom but still have to play us, Forest and Newcastle away

Mr Frost, Cundy St has Eastern Europeans on it? better pack my bags then, are you sure they are asylum seekers though, or are you racial stereotyping?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on February 11, 2010, 02:36:23 pm by MrFrost »
Walkley_owl wrote:
Care to show me where you got our average from?

I have it as 2,200 in the league only, as for the away attendances thing, of course it's going to reflect that, you have 10k at your place week in week out so your avergae at going to BIGGER grounds will reflect that.

Our away gate with you was 12k? yours will be double that so that stat is flawed but it does paint \"the Arsenal of the North\" in a good light so you cling it on to it petal.

That stat will be more indicitive at the end of the season when we have all played 23 away games, the Blades sit 3rd bottom but still have to play us, Forest and Newcastle away

Mr Frost, Cundy St has Eastern Europeans on it? better pack my bags then, are you sure they are asylum seekers though, or are you racial stereotyping?

The fact is w**kley Owl that your massive club can only muster up 400 more away fans on average than ourselves. Couple with the fact, we have a better percentage of away support, hence more support in comparison to home fans.

Are Wednesday fans still living the pipe dream that your ramshackle stadium will be hosting World Cup football in a few years time? I actually hope they do redevelop it. An extra 10,000 empty seats will look brilliant. By that time you'll probably be the new tennats on the Don Valley Stadium anyway.

Yes they were actually seeking asylum and they were Eastern European

Jim Dobbin

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on February 11, 2010, 03:45:04 pm by Jim Dobbin »
I can't believe what i'm reading. We're arguing our support basing it on away figures? away figures based on our first season at this level for 50 years and virtually 75 % of the stadiums new to us, of course Rovers are going to have excellent away support, but only for the first season. The away average attendance won't be anywhere near this season, the 1st season bandwagon has gone and the novelty has now worn off. Point proven with 5500 at the Sty not long since and now trying to muster 2k for this away fixture. Many gorunds would have been ticked off for the majority. Attendances are based on home figures and we can't really argue with many teams in this division. The Wendy's have double our crowds so l dont think we really have an argument.

The only thing that counts is the league table, that my friends is where we do have a valid argument. :laugh:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012