Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:05:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Different takes on the same game  (Read 4469 times)

Dr Fundlekrotch

• VSC Member
Different takes on the same game
« on February 10, 2010, 09:26:09 am by Dr Fundlekrotch »
From the BBC

Leicester manager Nigel Pearson:
\"Fryatt has broken his jaw in two places. Obviously it's not going to be a short-term thing. But it's not a very good challenge is it. I have seen the video.

\"I've said enough. You'll have to see it yourself, I am sure they will show it.

\"They got what they came for. For a side that comes with a footballing reputation they were very, very negative and it proved to be a very frustrating night for us.

\"As the game progressed it became more frustrating. We didn't perform to the levels that we know we can but coupled with that they set themselves up to be difficult to beat.\"

Doncaster manager Sean O'Driscoll:
\"I didn't think the performance merited anything but a point. Both teams couldn't get any rhythm going.

\"There's many games in the Championship that lack rhythm. It's a matter of making sure you're organised and disciplined and that's the benchmark for any Championship side.

\"It's more difficult for the teams that want to play. We have got beaten in the last four games and played a lot better than that so if anyone has the answer come and see me.\"

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Nudga

• Forum Member
Re:Different takes on the same game
« Reply #1 on February 10, 2010, 09:46:00 am by Nudga »
Pearson is just f**ked off because little Donny Rovers have just taken two points off them when he expected the mighty Leicester to steam roller us. Trot on d**khead, get used to it.

Donny3

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 10, 2010, 09:52:46 am by Donny3 »
Anyone seen a replay of the challenge, from the distance we were sat looked just a 50/50 clash, the ref (who was crap all night) didnt seem overly concerned at first.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 10, 2010, 10:20:49 am by MrFrost »
Reporter at the game for Sky said it was a fair challenge.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 10, 2010, 10:54:20 am by Drover »
Yep the SSN reporter said the tackle was not dirty just a fair tackle and no intent made by it.

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 10, 2010, 11:08:00 am by DRFC-Hanksie »
Thought nothing of it really until stretcher came out. Hope he's on the mend soon.

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 10, 2010, 11:59:24 am by turnbull for england »
arent jaws like polos?  remember hearing  you cant break them in one place

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 10, 2010, 12:18:23 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I broke my jaw in two places a few years back. I was playing football in Balby when I received an elbow in the face. Then I fell out the ambulance at DRI and broke it again.

muff licker

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 10, 2010, 12:41:06 pm by muff licker »
Dr Fundlekrotch wrote:
From the BBC

Leicester manager Nigel Pearson:
\"Fryatt has broken his jaw in two places. Obviously it's not going to be a short-term thing. But it's not a very good challenge is it. I have seen the video.

\"I've said enough. You'll have to see it yourself, I am sure they will show it.

\"They got what they came for. For a side that comes with a footballing reputation they were very, very negative and it proved to be a very frustrating night for us.

\"As the game progressed it became more frustrating. We didn't perform to the levels that we know we can but coupled with that they set themselves up to be difficult to beat.\"

Doncaster manager Sean O'Driscoll:
\"I didn't think the performance merited anything but a point. Both teams couldn't get any rhythm going.

\"There's many games in the Championship that lack rhythm. It's a matter of making sure you're organised and disciplined and that's the benchmark for any Championship side.

\"It's more difficult for the teams that want to play. We have got beaten in the last four games and played a lot better than that so if anyone has the answer come and see me.\"

Plus take into consideration Stocky is not a dirty player, like you say Pearson is just a moaning tw*t.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 10, 2010, 04:57:23 pm by donnievic »
Just collided with each other and funny how Leicester fans were booing Roberts thinking it was him who was  collided

VikingJames

« Reply #10 on February 10, 2010, 05:04:55 pm by VikingJames »
It's okay for Nigel Pearson to go out the other week and set his team up to frustrate Newcastle, but as soon as somebody does it against him he comes out and starts moaning about it.

Anyway, I don't think we were that negative, we went with an extra front man in Hayter, and although yes, we did try to avoid getting beat, that is natural after a 4 match losing streak, we had to stop the rot. I didn't think we were any more negative/defensive than they were to be honest, I just think that it was a match that lacked that killer touch in the final third to win it for either side. A midfield battle if you like. I've never liked that Pearson to be honest with you.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 10, 2010, 05:16:58 pm by bobbymax »
Just seen the Stock/Fryatt incident on SSN and read some of the comments on the Leicester forum as well as what that idiot Pearson said post-match. Claims that Stock's tackle was malicious are utter nonsense! Brian quite clearly gets the ball first and tries to push it past Fryatt and hurdle the incoming challenge. The fact that Brian is jumping up as Fryatt is on his way down looks to have caused his injury. Rest easy boys, we don't have an assassin in our midst!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012