Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:44:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Simon Whaley  (Read 5147 times)

muff licker

• Forum Member
Simon Whaley
« on February 10, 2010, 02:55:53 pm by muff licker »
Seen he is currently without a club after having his contract with Norwich cancelled by mutual agreeement. On trial with Oldham but when he was at Preston he was a great player, had a good engine, neat in his play and scored a few goals. At 24 he is about the right age for SOD, wonder if the club are aware of his availabilty, as would make a great signing if gillet isn't coming.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wing commander

• Forum Member
Re:Simon Whaley
« Reply #1 on February 10, 2010, 03:13:24 pm by wing commander »
I am thankfull Gillet isnt coming however with finances as they are,i cant see him looking at a midfielder.Things have changed a bit since we were after Gillet.If anywhere (which i doubt) up front would be sods next focus.Sod looks to have decided Heffs is in the past hence his loan move,Brooker looks like he needs another operation which will put him out another 3 months. sigh.
  As you know there was a very good chance Stocky could have gone in the window,which im sure is why Gillet was on the slow burner...

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 10, 2010, 03:16:30 pm by wing commander »
Just on Simon Whaley,your right he was an excellent player at Preston,does anyone know why he was released by Norwich surely his level of form couldnt have dropped so far that he has no prospect of getting into a league 1 squad.!!!!

VikingJames

« Reply #3 on February 10, 2010, 05:22:36 pm by VikingJames »
Thought he was a winger anyway?

Shawndrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 10, 2010, 05:27:03 pm by Shawndrfc »
he play on the left or right wing. he left because Paul Lambert came in and didn't take to him. Got loans out n sowed his class at league 2. Then as soon as lambert could he and whaley decided to cancel his contract. He was very impressive wen he was a Barnsley for a month, would be worth a trial.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 10, 2010, 08:58:02 pm by 5minstogo »
Great player, lost his way somewhat at Norwich.  For nowt I'll pick him up myself.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 10, 2010, 09:31:55 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
He went on loan to Bradford, they haven't followed up on him, what does that say?  He's clearly lost his way somewhat, not the player we need.

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 10, 2010, 09:46:11 pm by northern soul »
On trial at oldham at the moment.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 10, 2010, 10:15:25 pm by 5minstogo »
big fat yorkshire pudding wrote:
He went on loan to Bradford, they haven't followed up on him, what does that say?  He's clearly lost his way somewhat, not the player we need.

I'm sure if we are willing to look at Romauld Boco then Whaley is worth an enquiry. We can't afford players in the conventional Championship mould so if Sean can work some magic here and there, then why not?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 11, 2010, 08:40:51 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
big fat yorkshire pudding wrote:
He went on loan to Bradford, they haven't followed up on him, what does that say?

It says that Bradford are skint, that's what.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012