Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:25:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Family stand  (Read 3990 times)

washyrover

• Forum Member
Family stand
« on February 11, 2010, 07:20:31 pm by washyrover »
If we want to attract new supporters and keep the old ones we have ,would it not be a good idea to reduce the family stand to cat c and just have families in their.At the moment it is more like a OAP stand.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Biggles

• Forum Member
Re:Family stand
« Reply #1 on February 11, 2010, 07:47:20 pm by Biggles »
Thought it was Cat C

washyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 11, 2010, 08:12:05 pm by washyrover »
For some unknown reason they have set it at cat b Ive tried to speak to the club about  this matter 3 times now and no one calls back If we realy want young fans to come and enjoy the game with their families making this area of the ground cat c is the way forward.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 11, 2010, 08:40:14 pm by Drover »
There are only Cat A and Cat b now,I believe this has something to do with revenue from away fans and was implemented so that Rovers could charge the Away fans more than they were allowed at the time,If they made the Family stand Cat C then they may have to reduce the prices in the away end.Not certain and im not saying its right or wrong just thats the impression of the situation I have got.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 11, 2010, 09:02:43 pm by MrFrost »
Drover wrote:
There are only Cat A and Cat b now,I believe this has something to do with revenue from away fans and was implemented so that Rovers could charge the Away fans more than they were allowed at the time,If they made the Family stand Cat C then they may have to reduce the prices in the away end.Not certain and im not saying its right or wrong just thats the impression of the situation I have got.

Not so as the family stand runs down the side and away fans are housed behind the goal and have the equivilant prices of our stand behind the goal.

The corner areas are Cat C I believe but are all sold out to season ticket holders (although far from full at every game).

thornerover94

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 11, 2010, 09:15:56 pm by thornerover94 »
if we got better attendances in the ground on the whole then maybe the prices wouldnt be so high, the club has to look at gaining a profit through the season and if people arent coming to watch then have no choice but to up the prices, people say more would come if prices were lowered i dont think this is the case, as for attracting kids i think the childs prices compared to adults are very cheap anyway especially for the season tickets for under 16's which would have been the best thing to do even if they dont go every game

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 11, 2010, 09:38:48 pm by bobjimwilly »
I'm a STH in the south-east corner, what used to be \"Cat C\". This corner is officially a Cat B now, but they froze STH prices for these areas at Cat C prices. As mentioned previously, it is so they can charge Cat B prices in these areas to non STH's, cup games and away supporters in the North East/Nort West corners. Quite crafty by SMC/Rovers, but perfectly reasonable IMO - as long as I can have reduced ST price next season of course  B)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 11, 2010, 09:45:56 pm by MrFrost »
I think all the match day and season ticket prices should be looked at for next season with family incentives offered.

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 11, 2010, 09:49:30 pm by dumbroofer »
dont quote me on it but was it after the burnley game that they burnley complained because they sold all their tickets ,but those who came and paid on the day got theirs at cat c prices .

washyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 12, 2010, 01:41:04 pm by washyrover »
Good news on the wednesday ticket pricing,lets hope rovers listen and reduce the family stand prices.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012