Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 01:37:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Captain fantastic!  (Read 5384 times)

Deano

• Forum Member
Captain fantastic!
« on February 13, 2010, 07:11:55 pm by Deano »
What a game he had today! How he didn't get man of the match I'll never know, best player on the pitch by a country mile!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re:Captain fantastic!
« Reply #1 on February 13, 2010, 07:20:28 pm by MrFrost »
Oster for me!

TheRev

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 13, 2010, 07:22:26 pm by TheRev »
He was outstanding especially when he dropped into the defensive midfield role.
He broke numerous attacks down and quickly turned them into our favour.Maybe if we had shown a little more composure we could have won more confortably but I'm very happy tonight.

Great team performance today and worthy winners.

VikingJames

« Reply #3 on February 13, 2010, 07:38:45 pm by VikingJames »
Chambers was my man of the match, but it was one of those where it was so hard to choose as nobody had a bad game.

But you are right, Stock was absolutely fantastic- never stopped battling and really got stuck in.

Pintolager

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 13, 2010, 07:39:17 pm by Pintolager »
Stock did have a great game today, going about his business in his usual way and it's nice to see him back to his best after being out injured.

It was indeed a godd team performance this afternoon where it is difficult for me to single any particular player out, but Chambo just edged it for me.

Harrogate Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 13, 2010, 07:39:29 pm by Harrogate Rover »
Agreed. The last 20 minutes or so, when Shelton went off he was awesome when he played 'sweeper'.
Great all round team performance, everyone put a shift in.
Only negatives are Shackell re-occuring injury and worse still the news that Gareth could miss the rest of the season.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 13, 2010, 07:43:30 pm by RobTheRover »
Everyone was outstanding today, and I thought Willo had his best game for a long time (only blotting his copy book with that tired throughball when Billy was steaming past Morgan).

Stock and Oster were superb the whole game, head and shoulders above their Florist counterparts, and dominated the direction of the game. Stock shades it for MOM for me.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 13, 2010, 07:47:57 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
RobTheRover wrote:
Everyone was outstanding today, and I thought Willo had his best game for a long time (only blotting his copy book with that tired throughball when Billy was steaming past Morgan).

Stock and Oster were superb the whole game, head and shoulders above their Florist counterparts, and dominated the direction of the game. Stock shades it for MOM for me.

Agree with this, Wilson did some real hard scruffy work today.  He was immense in some of those tackles it was a real blood and guts performance from him in midfield.  The game really suited him.  He plays so much better when the tempo is higher.

Stock was immense in front of the back 4 in the last 20 minutes.  He won everything.  Forest never really made it nervy for us and we saw out the game very well.

redbrez

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 13, 2010, 08:28:05 pm by redbrez »
everybody played well but i was well impressed with sam hird back to the performances of last year,he read the game brilliant,mom between hird and stock for me.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 13, 2010, 09:21:57 pm by bobjimwilly »
Would agree with most comments here.
Stock captained the team well, wilson had best game all season (and Im normally his biggest critic!), hird was awesome sub, mustaphe did well taking into account lack of first team football, and billy sharp tirelss as ever and v. good goal. Copps looked a bit tired 2nd half, but apart from that thoroughly deserved 3 points. Bring on Shef wed.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 13, 2010, 11:05:40 pm by Bessie Red »
Agree with Redbrez re Stock & Hird.

Sam was awsome considering that he had been dropped from first eleven. He totally dominated Adebola who can be a real handful.
The fact that he put in a performance like he did must be testament to our greatest assets SOD & ROK. Their man management skills are incredible.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 14, 2010, 12:59:10 am by CusworthRovers »
Can't argue with any of the above. When the machine/system works, it looks really good, and today was one of those days.

I would just like to add.....Is Stock now our Enforcer?

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 14, 2010, 12:10:51 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Agree with all of the above.  Was especially good to see Stocky show his old self, but for me, not just because they've come in for so much stick recently but because they genuinely were MoM contenders Wilson and Hird were immense.
There wasn't a poor performance from anyone yesterday.
Oh, and Sully did it again for us.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 14, 2010, 01:59:18 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Honestly think Stock gets better and better and we must throw loads a money at a new contract for him and make him the highest paid player in our history!
I also believe he is the best midfield player in the entire division!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012