Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 07:58:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Yesterday - BBC Perspective  (Read 3744 times)

philsky

• Forum Member
Yesterday - BBC Perspective
« on February 14, 2010, 07:45:08 am by philsky »
Nottingham Forest missed the chance to close the gap on the Championship pacesetters as Doncaster ended a run of four league games without a win.

Billy Sharpe headed home James Chambers' cross midway through the first half to give Rovers the points.

Dele Adebola squandered the visitors' best chance, shooting wide from inside the box on the hour mark.

Forest's Garath McCleary was sent off in the closing stages for a foul on John Oster.

Victory would have seen Forest close the gap on leaders Newcastle to two points, but instead they now lie four points behind second-placed West Brom, who have a game in hand.

After a sluggish start, the visitors felt they should have had a penalty when Mark Wilson appeared to bring down Chris Gunter inside the box.

They went behind soon after, with Sharp ghosting in to meet Chambers' cross from close range.

Doncaster dominated the early exchanges of the second half, with James Hayter dinking an effort over the bar, before Forest began to show some urgency with McCleary flashing an effort wide and Adebola's volley missing the target.

The disappointment of Forest's third successive away league defeat was compounded late on when McCleary was dismissed for a lunge on Oster.

In summary; Forest had an off day against another team in The Championsip.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
Re:Yesterday - BBC Perspective
« Reply #1 on February 14, 2010, 07:56:10 am by Dagenham Rover »
philsky wrote:

In summary; Forest had an off day against another team in The Championsip.

forty odd games a season and forty odd off days against us  ;)

They all must hate playing us cos they just know it'll be a bad day at the office  :laugh:

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 14, 2010, 10:04:10 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Actually, one of the comments on the Forest forum hit the nail on the head as to why they lost.

While we haven't necessarily been playing teams at the top of the league, places like Doncaster and Coventry are difficult venues in their own way. Doncaster is one of the ugliest places I've seen in the country

How stupid of us not to have realised! Clubs who are used to playing in places like Cologne, Amsterdam, Madris and Athens are bound to collapse when they play in post-industrial wastelands. I now confidently predict that Hartlepool will sweep all before them in their march to the Champions League final.

Me, I might have also pondered on why the two Nottingham clubs have fared so badly for the 20 years after their area finally out-lived its purpose as Maggie's bitch and was left to rot. But then, what do I know? I just support a pub team, whereas the Forest fans support a club who won the European Cup.

The prize bell-end.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 14, 2010, 10:07:44 am by Filo »
BillyStubbsTears wrote:
Actually, one of the comments on the Forest forum hit the nail on the head as to why they lost.

While we haven't necessarily been playing teams at the top of the league, places like Doncaster and Coventry are difficult venues in their own way. Doncaster is one of the ugliest places I've seen in the country

How stupid of us not to have realised! Clubs who are used to playing in places like Cologne, Amsterdam, Madris and Athens are bound to collapse when they play in post-industrial wastelands. I now confidently predict that Hartlepool will sweep all before them in their march to the Champions League final.

Me, I might have also pondered on why the two Nottingham clubs have fared so badly for the 20 years after their area finally out-lived its purpose as Maggie's bitch and was left to rot. But then, what do I know? I just support a pub team, whereas the Forest fans support a club who won the European Cup.

The prize bell-end.

f**king hell, in that case we need to be dumping rubish and vandalising everything along the M18 corridor, b*llocks to that total football crap!  :laugh:

redwine

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 14, 2010, 10:57:17 am by redwine »
I thought they already did, it's called Maltby isn't it?

:laugh:

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 14, 2010, 11:26:05 am by Lipsy »
BillyStubbsTears wrote:

That is so weak… 'We lost because the locale was not up to standard.'

We should compile a list of the best excuses on fan forums for their team being beaten by 'that pub team in Donny'. I bet there'd be some priceless excuses.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 14, 2010, 11:32:56 am by Barmby Rover »
They only have a bad day whenever they are beaten by Rovers you know........pity so many have had bad days over the past eight years!

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 14, 2010, 01:24:50 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
philsky wrote:

Billy Sharpe headed home James Chambers' cross midway through the first half to give Rovers the points.

Billy Sharpe? Who would that be then? Is he related to the Sharpe in the TV series of the same name starring Shaun Bean?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 14, 2010, 01:36:28 pm by Filo »
Thinwhiteduke wrote:

Billy Sharpe? Who would that be then? Is he related to the Sharpe in the TV series of the same name starring Shaun Bean?

Well Sean Bean is a Blade  :laugh:

And it is Sean not Shaun  ;)

Or as an afterthought are you being ironic?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012