Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 10:20:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Snow shovellers required  (Read 5740 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Snow shovellers required
« on February 22, 2010, 10:08:26 am by The Red Baron »
http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10329~1973202,00.html?

Bad news, I suppose, is that there is still snow on the pitch. Good news is that they must think that shifting it could allow the game to go ahead.

Unfortunately living 100 miles away I won't be able to help.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
Re:Snow shovellers required
« Reply #1 on February 22, 2010, 10:29:13 am by WheatleyRover »
here we go again

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #2 on February 22, 2010, 10:35:35 am by Rovin Reporter »
The Red Baron wrote:
http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,10329~1973202,00.html?

Bad news, I suppose, is that there is still snow on the pitch. Good news is that they must think that shifting it could allow the game to go ahead.

Unfortunately living 100 miles away I won't be able to help.

Not after last times fiasco ,when they did not even offer a FRREE ticket only a cup of tea , tight arrses , they should at least get on the knees and beg. :angry:

intake rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 22, 2010, 10:49:04 am by intake rover »
no point getting off me warm settee if there's no chance of a ticket then.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 22, 2010, 10:57:17 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Gone are the days when fans used to go down and volunteer to help out on these things for free eh?

Jim Dobbin

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 22, 2010, 11:03:16 am by Jim Dobbin »
We're the only club in South Yorkshire not to have undersoil heating, not counting RUFC because they have no stadium. I know its been done to death but how stupid to spend thirty odd million on a stadium (overpriced as well compared to what similar sized stadiums Chesterfield & Rotherham are costing) and not spend a small price of that on undersoil heating.

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 22, 2010, 11:14:54 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Jim Dobbin wrote:
We're the only club in South Yorkshire not to have undersoil heating, not counting RUFC because they have no stadium. I know its been done to death but how stupid to spend thirty odd million on a stadium (overpriced as well compared to what similar sized stadiums Chesterfield & Rotherham are costing) and not spend a small price of that on undersoil heating.

Not to mention the huge running costs, the aspect of games getting called off despite undersoil heating and the huge effect it has on the pitch.  Just look at the state of pitches with undersoil heating compared with those that don't have it.

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 22, 2010, 11:15:04 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Double post, I blame Lewis Guy!

bigal

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 22, 2010, 11:23:50 am by bigal »
Surely we don't want the game on with all our injury problems

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 22, 2010, 11:34:41 am by jucyberry »
Rigoglioso wrote:
If I get the chance, I may go down and help later on today. Will have a spare afternoon with all being well.

And it's better excercise than that static bike of yours Andy...lol

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 22, 2010, 11:38:53 am by jucyberry »
does it take you round the room, whilst you are pedalling like the furies from hell are after you? NO...? Static... I rest my case.... :laugh:

bigal

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 22, 2010, 11:45:07 am by bigal »
Rigoglioso wrote:
I'd rather we get the game on. If we don't, we can't play Leicester until April.

Some may argue that won't be a bad thing given that it'll probably be a decent early summer evening game, though personally I'm sick of postponements this season. Seeing as we've already had one game called off with Leicester, we at least owe it to their fans of giving it the best shot we can of getting this game to go ahead tomorrow.
I don't think we owe any body any thing.What we need is 3 points from this fixture.The best chance
would be to get the game postponed give the
players a bit of a break ready for the massive game against palace

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 22, 2010, 12:17:24 pm by i_ateallthepies »
bigal, spot on mate!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 22, 2010, 12:25:11 pm by Filo »
Jim Dobbin wrote:
I know its been done to death but how stupid to spend thirty odd million on a stadium (overpriced as well compared to what similar sized stadiums Chesterfield & Rotherham are costing)

The Stadium cost around £18M, so I would say that Chesterfield and Rotherhams stadium is a bit overpriced, and I  bet they have no plans for undersoil heating either

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 22, 2010, 12:59:12 pm by not on facebook »
you can count me out for doing any shovell work

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 22, 2010, 01:01:39 pm by RobTheRover »
Spot on Filo.  When is this myth that the stadium cost £30m+ going to go away?

The WHOLE COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT cost £32m.  The STADIUM cost £18m, which works out at just over £1k per seat.  Ask BST how that stacks up for value based on other stadium costs.

Jim Dobbin

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 22, 2010, 02:51:47 pm by Jim Dobbin »
Bloody hell, that Athletics track cost a fortune then.. :laugh:

irishcontingent

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 22, 2010, 03:06:50 pm by irishcontingent »
RobTheRover wrote:

The WHOLE COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT cost £32m.  The STADIUM cost £18m, which works out at just over £1k per seat.  Ask BST how that stacks up for value based on other stadium costs.

11.8 million was stadium cost. 3.5million erected it, 6 million in groundworks ( Piling ,drains , water, power, Concrete, Doors, taps, sinks, baths, showers, tiles,Seats, Bike shed, etc etc)  2.3 million in Costs of Subgrade development  Tarmac and laying, white lining).

£775 per seat.

fact.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 22, 2010, 03:32:27 pm by eastender »
Filo wrote:
Jim Dobbin wrote:
I know its been done to death but how stupid to spend thirty odd million on a stadium (overpriced as well compared to what similar sized stadiums Chesterfield & Rotherham are costing)

The Stadium cost around £18M, so I would say that Chesterfield and Rotherhams stadium is a bit overpriced, and I  bet they have no plans for undersoil heating either

Rotherham seem to realise it's easier and cheaper to install now rather than later,where the cost can be budgeted into the whole build of the sttadium.

Taken from an article in the daily Mail 11th Jan.

\"Chairman Tony Stewart estimates that the rearranged games will bring in no more than £30,000 each.

Moreover, with five games postponed in the past five weeks alone, manager Ronnie Moore will find his squad facing a fixture pile-up in their attempt to win promotion.
Stewart said: 'It's not easy but we put the cash into the club last season to prepare for the worst situation. You've also got to take into account that Rotherham, like all clubs, sold season tickets.

'There is a prudence in managing that money for the full season, making sure you have the discipline to manage the cash flow. We are probably not as badly affected as some clubs.'

At a total cost of £500,000, installing undersoil heating is not an option in League Two, although Rotherham will build it into their proposed new stadium. It could take up to a decade to recoup the costs in the current climate of calling off games for health and safety issues, and not just unfit pitches.\"

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 22, 2010, 03:58:44 pm by Wellred »
Jim Dobbin wrote:

The stadium cost £18 million not £30m million but you are right it should have had under soil heating.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 22, 2010, 04:02:31 pm by Wellred »
RobTheRover wrote:

Its a shame we couldn't have had the stadium that the directors had looked at. A 20k stadium costing £20 million.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 22, 2010, 04:11:05 pm by not on facebook »
all this undersoil heating malarky 'we should have installed etc etc'

was there not a prem game not too long ago at wigan where the pitch was bang on due to under soil heating but game was called off due to the state of outside ground and roads in stadium area

so game was called off due to bad conditions off the pitch

or iam been silly

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 23, 2010, 02:19:30 pm by RobTheRover »
£3m went under \"Newt relocation\"!  ;-)

Robin Hood

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on June 07, 2010, 11:14:09 pm by Robin Hood »
Have we sorted this out? No undersoil heating cost us as a host city in the world cup bid and should be fixed as a priority.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on June 07, 2010, 11:15:55 pm by RobTheRover »
PMSL!!!!!!

Robin Hood

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on June 07, 2010, 11:24:50 pm by Robin Hood »
You may scoff but Donny has the newest stadium and newest airport in Yorkshire. I'm proud of the latter but not the former. :(

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on June 07, 2010, 11:29:05 pm by RobTheRover »
I'm not scoffing, mate, just that we have had to postpone 3 games in the past 2 unusually severe winters.  Yes, it pissed fans off, but probably cost the club a tenth in lost revenues of what retrofitting an undersoil heating system would, let alone operating it.  And the police could even still call games off if they deem the surrounding areas a slip hazard for the punters.

Do the maths, and undersoil heating for us doesnt add up.

Robin Hood

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on June 07, 2010, 11:36:15 pm by Robin Hood »
What about the world cup bid though?
Train links, motorways and of course The Airport. :fumup:
We've got to reach for the sky not bury our heads in the snow.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on June 08, 2010, 12:48:33 am by VivaRovers »
I think you make a good point. As we're not yet able to conclusively forecast the full effects of Global Warming the lack of undersoil heating could well of scuppered Doncaster's hopes of being a host city (town) for a World Cup being played in June/July.

Some less worldly aware folks would highlight the fact that we're about 30,000 seats shy, but I think you've successfully identified the real issue.

bobjames

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on June 08, 2010, 12:52:20 am by bobjames »
can you imagine the world cup coming to doncaster? bonkers!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012