Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 06:28:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Wellens not flavour of the month at Leicester  (Read 3239 times)

redflag

Wellens not flavour of the month at Leicester
« on February 23, 2010, 12:11:03 pm by redflag »
Comments from Foxestalk ...

'Wellens needs dropping with his displays of late'

'Yeah, as far as I can see (though I've only actually seen a handful of games this season) it's the one obvious change that needs making sadly, he started so well.'

'It's against his old team, lets face it, he won't be dropped.'

'Wellens stays back at all times, he can't shoot apart from shooting himself in the foot when he tries to pass.'  

'Gally back into a central attacking midfield role (at the expense of Wellens).'

'Wellens really frustrates me - he's clearly got talent and footballing nous, but he gives the ball away too easily. He's always looking for the 'spectacular' pass when he should be trying to help us retain possession, especially when we're away from home and the opposition are taking the game to us.'

'When we played Doncaster last time i thought wellens thought he still played for them,he seem to pass the ball to them'

Richie ... you should've stayed with the Rovers, stayed with the Rovers!!!

B)

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=64886&st=20

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re:Wellens not flavour of the month at Leicester
« Reply #1 on February 23, 2010, 12:21:51 pm by mushRTID »
redflag wrote:

'Yeah, as far as I can see (though I've only actually seen a handful of games this season) it's the one obvious change that needs making sadly, he started so well.'

'Wellens stays back at all times, he can't shoot apart from shooting himself in the foot when he tries to pass.'  

'Gally back into a central attacking midfield role (at the expense of Wellens).'

'Wellens really frustrates me - he's clearly got talent and footballing nous, but he gives the ball away too easily. He's always looking for the 'spectacular' pass when he should be trying to help us retain possession, especially when we're away from home and the opposition are taking the game to us.'

'When we played Doncaster last time i thought wellens thought he still played for them,he seem to pass the ball to them'

B)

Cant be the same Wellens.

Guernsey Exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 23, 2010, 12:36:33 pm by Guernsey Exile »
mushRTID wrote:
redflag wrote:

B)

Cant be the same Wellens.

I hope hes thinking the same!!!!

redflag

« Reply #3 on February 23, 2010, 12:49:42 pm by redflag »
Wellens, Greeny, Mills ... YOU HEAR ME BOYS? The grass ain't always greener ...

danrover82

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 23, 2010, 12:57:30 pm by danrover82 »
Chances are he will have a stormer tonight, agaisnt us.

I just hope he has a great reception and a stinking performance.

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 23, 2010, 03:24:36 pm by Fal »
redflag wrote:

B)

They obviously haven't seen him do this...

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIWXjnC653w[/video]

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 23, 2010, 06:22:16 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Nice vid :) You can see what they're saying though, he meant to pass and nearly hit it to one of the opposition ;)

He'll be on our side tonight - own goal perchance?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 23, 2010, 10:39:45 pm by mushRTID »
Thought he was good tonight, typical Richie. Always calm on the ball, found a blue shirt most of the night and winding opposition up (Sharp).

Wish we still had him.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 23, 2010, 11:00:40 pm by bobbymax »
Are you being serious? I thought Wellens contributed absolutely nothing apart from aim a kick at Sulli near the end. Mind you, Leicester by-passed the midfield all night, no wonder he was getting frustrated! One of the worst sides I've seen this season which shows how poor we were!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 23, 2010, 11:10:44 pm by bobjimwilly »
bobbymax wrote:
Are you being serious? I thought Wellens contributed absolutely nothing apart from aim a kick at Sulli near the end. Mind you, Leicester by-passed the midfield all night, no wonder he was getting frustrated! One of the worst sides I've seen this season which shows how poor we were!

Totaly agree. Never really saw him do anything with the ball. He did a couple of bad tackles, so no love lost obviously, and had a little \"thing\" with sulli in the 2nd half, but apart from that didn't notice him at all

Also agree they were one of the worse teams who've visited the Keepmoat. They didnt play with a midfield, just a couple of talented forwards and the long ball were all they had in the bag. There winger was quite fast too I suppose. Tonight was really a chance to stand up and be counted for those that don't normally get a start and the likes of Wilson, but again they don't have it in them. Definately a point lost IMO - god knows how they are in 5th place in the league playing football like that! But then again, god knows hows we aren't in the bottom 3 playing how we played tonight?  :S

Roll on sat'dy.  :scarf:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012