Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 06:25:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: exSurprised to see Billy Russell player spotting  (Read 2121 times)

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
exSurprised to see Billy Russell player spotting
« on February 26, 2010, 07:05:29 pm by Lesonthewest »
Surprised to see Billy Russell pop into the New Inn at Stainy yesterday, good player was Billy, always chipped with a fair few goals aswell.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re:exSurprised to see Billy Russell player spotting
« Reply #1 on February 26, 2010, 07:51:22 pm by Donnywolf »
...and I always though Les on the West referred to your seat in the KMS NOT the West Bank at Stainy !

Personally I was an West Banker myself but would have loved a Pint in the Station on the East Bank but \"just\" missed out by way of age

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 26, 2010, 08:20:10 pm by Lesonthewest »
Just missed out on age too Donnywolf  :)  it was a bit surreal really, just having a quiet pint when Billy came walking along the bank with his wife/partner, they had had a walk from Barnby Dun. Apologies for the mumbo jumbo title by the way, don't know what happened there.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 26, 2010, 08:22:44 pm by Donnywolf »
No problem ... not sure I would have recognised Billy Boy but used to love watching him play

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 26, 2010, 10:21:45 pm by BobG »
He was a real good player was Billy. Pretty rapid, not a bad defender and good bombing down the wing overlapping. Not tall and didn't look very hard, but he could dish out a nasty tackle if he felt like it. He, Ian and Stevie Lister always used to captivate me: they both had what Stocky has today. They all had or have grace. Grace and elegance. They are what makes football beautiful for me.

BobG

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 26, 2010, 11:03:56 pm by Lesonthewest »
BobG wrote:
He was a real good player was Billy. Pretty rapid, not a bad defender and good bombing down the wing overlapping. Not tall and didn't look very hard, but he could dish out a nasty tackle if he felt like it. He, Ian and Stevie Lister always used to captivate me: they both had what Stocky has today. They all had or have grace. Grace and elegance. They are what makes football beautiful for me.

BobG[/quote

Totally agree Bob, Billy Bremner brought in players that loved a tackle, but had the that bit of skill & tenacity to succeed aswell. Add to that the brawn of the likes of Harle it proved to be a winning combination.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012