Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 09:57:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Hayters disallowed goal  (Read 2568 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Hayters disallowed goal
« on March 01, 2010, 12:25:28 pm by selby »
The shot by a rovers player was deflected to Sharp who was in a passive offside position by a Palace player trying to block the shot playing Sharp onside.Hayter was behind the ball when Sharp headed the ball across goal.A perfectly good goal in my opinion any coments from budding referees please

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

penandsword

• Forum Member
Re:Hayters disallowed goal
« Reply #1 on March 01, 2010, 12:44:05 pm by penandsword »
It looked like Sharp was offside when the ball was struck initially to me. Although I was screaming blind on the day it should have been a goal (all the way from the South East corner  :P  )

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 01, 2010, 12:46:45 pm by DonnyNoel »
selby wrote:
The shot by a rovers player was deflected to Sharp who was in a passive offside position by a Palace player trying to block the shot playing Sharp onside.Hayter was behind the ball when Sharp headed the ball across goal.A perfectly good goal in my opinion any coments from budding referees please

Not sure, is the ball being deflected to Sharp off a defender any different to it being saved by a keeper then Sharp becoming active and offside?

Edit - its offside according to the laws of the game.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/federation/81/42/36/lawsofthegameen.pdf

Scroll down to page 109 - diagram 12 is almost an exact replica of Saturdays incident except Wilson and Sharp were on different sides of the box.

obeonesarover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 01, 2010, 01:35:04 pm by obeonesarover »
why didnt they show the second dissallowed goal on the highlights, couldnt see the reason it was dissallowed at the time and its obvious the media dont want us to know either

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 01, 2010, 01:37:29 pm by DonnyNoel »
obeonesarover wrote:
why didnt they show the second dissallowed goal on the highlights, couldnt see the reason it was dissallowed at the time and its obvious the media dont want us to know either

I'd like to see that one too. Its a great trick of Sharp's to let a CB get tight to him and then turn him sideways on meaning he'd get a foul if the CB climbed over him.

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 01, 2010, 02:14:46 pm by DaveDRFC »
The first disallowed goal was about 2 yards offside, I sit in line with the 6 yard line at that end so fairly easy to spot. The second one however, no idea whatsoever why that was chalked off. To me Sharp did look offside but obviously there was no flag so wasn't because of that. The only Rovers player jumping with a Palace defender was Gareth Roberts, and as he gave away about a foot in height to their guy it's difficult to see how he could have fouled him.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 01, 2010, 06:20:29 pm by donnievic »
1st disallowed goal was definatley offside end of

Simple

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 01, 2010, 07:25:14 pm by Simple »
For the 2nd disallowed goal, the ref gave a foul for Sharp jumping into Lawrence which left him on the floor.

Was a soft decision but can see why he gave it.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012