Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 12:29:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: BT YAHOO - missing bookmarks  (Read 2726 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
BT YAHOO - missing bookmarks
« on March 05, 2010, 12:20:13 pm by Donnywolf »
I was about to ask the good people on here if they had lost Bookmarks from BT Yahoo as my 161 had just disappeared - and ask if anyone knew why ?

It appears that there is somekind of problem - so instead of me asking a question here I am answering a question for anyone who is in similar s**t as I am

Best answer I have found is below :

After doing a lot of 'googling' on this subject of lost bookmarks, another forum had the answer:

On the BT Yahoo! homepage, click on 'help' on the right hand side. select 'help' again from the drop down menu. Then in the box on the left (General Help), click 'service status'. It says there is an ongoing problem with Bookmarks in the BT Yahoo! browser (this was added 2/3/2010, 12pm). Click on 'Problem with bookmarks in BT Yahoo! browser' and there is this message:  

\"We are aware of a temporary problem where some customers may not be able to access their bookmarks in the BT Yahoo Browser. Our engineers are working to resolve this problem and we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.\"

So there we have it. You'd think there would be something prominently posted on the homepage about this, saving us all a lot of grief! It's nearly 24 hours since they advised that they were aware of it, so why no update?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Stu The Tickhill Red

• Forum Member
Re:BT YAHOO - missing bookmarks
« Reply #1 on March 06, 2010, 06:12:52 pm by Stu The Tickhill Red »
Thanks for that. I've only just looked in  off topic. I'd wondered what had happened to my bookmarks, its been a real pain in the ......

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re:BT YAHOO - missing bookmarks
« Reply #2 on March 06, 2010, 10:22:48 pm by Donnywolf »
http://bookmarks.yahoo.com

amazingly if you follow the link above you find all your \"missing\" bookmarks listed with posh icons alongside them

so they are still on your PC but buried away by (presumably) BT or Yahoo

I saved the link to my desktop which is not ideal but better than nowt !

TinyPortal © 2005-2012