Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 04:15:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: A bit of praise for Robbie Savage  (Read 3651 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
A bit of praise for Robbie Savage
« on March 14, 2010, 09:53:06 am by Filo »
Top marks for everyones hate guy Robbie Savage who was first on the scene when JET got poleaxed, Savage was straight down to make sure JET had not swallowed his toungue.

Mind, it was pretty funny when the Derby player wiped Savage out in the first half, Savage gave him a right old bollocking

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

paddy drfc

• Forum Member
Re:A bit of praise for Robbie Savage
« Reply #1 on March 14, 2010, 09:58:00 am by paddy drfc »
Wonder how long Savage would have stayed down an rolled about if the guy who hit him was wearing red and white hoops ?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 14, 2010, 10:52:18 am by bobjimwilly »
paddy drfc wrote:
Wonder how long Savage would have stayed down an rolled about if the guy who hit him was wearing red and white hoops ?

lol! I actually think he thought about it for a sec, till he realised it was a ram that did it!  :P

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 14, 2010, 07:12:20 pm by RoversAlias »
I may be in the minority but I actually like Robbie Savage. He's a solid midfielder, is comedic and is actually pretty intelligent when it comes to football.

That said I'm delighted he captained his side to defeat yesterday!

washyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 14, 2010, 08:07:40 pm by washyrover »
A tosser but makes the game more fun.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 14, 2010, 08:29:57 pm by Donnywolf »
Filo wrote:
Top marks for everyones hate guy Robbie Savage who was first on the scene when JET got poleaxed, Savage was straight down to make sure JET had not swallowed his toungue.

Mind, it was pretty funny when the Derby player wiped Savage out in the first half, Savage gave him a right old bollocking

Returning to the main point ---- I agree with Filo

Greta response when JET went down from 2 Rams players

Stu The Tickhill Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 14, 2010, 09:09:30 pm by Stu The Tickhill Red »
DONNYWOLF wrote:
Filo wrote:

Returning to the main point ---- I agree with Filo

Greta response when JET went down from 2 Rams players

Yes, top marks to Savage,I said the same thing at the game.

I think he's grown as a player as he has got older. He gets a lot of stick, I think he loves it realy. For all that fans slag him off, thats down to him being \"Robbie Savage\", rather than him being as dirty as people imagaine and deep down I think most fans would love a player like him in their team!

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 15, 2010, 01:26:05 am by Superspy »
agree with most of the sentiments in this thread, i like him. i like him even more every time he gets unnecessary stick from retarded pundits on tv... particularly the football league show.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 15, 2010, 07:51:06 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
He's not a bad guy.  Panto villain and all, but he's a character, fun to watch and is the only person in that Derby side who plays with real passion.  Just look who chased back non stop for them on Saturday.  It's always the same.  He makes mistakes but his work rate is top class.  He actually has played quite well against us at their place, but we play him well by giving him no time on the ball.

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 15, 2010, 11:17:43 am by DMnumber4 »
I said it yesterday, but I'd have him instead of Wilson any day of the week!

London_Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 15, 2010, 11:25:08 am by London_Rover »
I like Mr Savage too. I think he is a great guy.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 15, 2010, 11:49:14 am by DRNaith »
DMnumber4 wrote:
I said it yesterday, but I'd have him instead of Wilson any day of the week!

Yeah but regarding wages would you take him over Wilson and Woods combined?

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 15, 2010, 04:38:23 pm by DMnumber4 »
Yeah but regarding wages would you take him over Wilson and Woods combined?

Over the last two or three months that Woods has been unfit and Wilson basically rubbish? then yes.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 15, 2010, 09:35:11 pm by VivaRovers »
As a footballer, and strictly a footballer, not a football pundit who looks like he's just paused for a chat en route to opening a hair salon, I've always been a big fan of Robbie Savage.

He is an incredibly usefuly player to have in your own squad, in that not only does he not stop working, but he does really wind-up opposition fans. He's one of the most energetic players I've ever seen, and his workrate in the centre of the pitch was key to Derby beating us in the FA Cup.

I watched him play for Wales against Italy in the San Siro back in 2003 and aside from Inzaghi who scored a hat-trick Savage was the most effective player on the pitch. Whenever an Italian player looked to have any kind of space in which to play Savage would inevitably appear from some where and hurl himself in the path of man and ball.

As a person he comes across as a complete tool, but as a footballer he's very under-rated

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 16, 2010, 12:51:40 am by DMnumber4 »
He's lucky to still be playing the game after that horror tackle by Pintado of Swansea the other week. Nearly incited a riot. I did notice Greeny was straight in there, still a bit of Donny left in him  ;)

en aitch

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 16, 2010, 01:49:58 pm by en aitch »
Savage is a character - but I'm happy that he's not within our price range.

I'm also happy that Green is better served at Derby also - he wouldn't get in our team (well maybe just behind Wilson  :)), so he may as well take the money that Derby have now because he'll struggle to get as much next contract.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012