Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 07:51:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Help???? Electricity advice needed please  (Read 4923 times)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Help???? Electricity advice needed please
« on March 21, 2010, 04:13:24 pm by mushRTID »
I have been in my flat since october and been paying for my electricity by direct debit (5 payments so far).

The other day i got a final bill from British Gas so I called them to tell them I didnt want to leave and it was a mistake.

They then told me my meter is registered to another flat..and called it crossed meters. Whoever is at the other flat is changing suppliers and i got a final bill.

BG put me in touch with Npower for some reason, I think its because they originally installed the meters and they said they hope to have it resolved by the end of June. In the meantime, British Gas have closed my account!

Has anyone known of this before and is it easily sorted because im confused as f**k?

Cheers

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
Re:Help???? Electricity advice needed please
« Reply #1 on March 21, 2010, 07:58:31 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Sound like British Gas all over.

Ive been screwed over by them at 3 different propertied now. I wouldnt mind, but they are expenxive anyway so you'd think they'd be free of such stupid mistakes.

The only thing that suprises me is the fact you dont want a different supplier, why anyone whould actively choose to pay over the odds for their gas/ electricity astounds me.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 21, 2010, 09:06:16 pm by BobG »
Hmmm. But NPower, and Scottish are wqually inept. I had a blazing row with the Scottish lot that lasted almost 12 months. I refused to pay what i thought was an exhorbitant, and utterly unjustified final bill. Their respnse was to bombard me with an ever increasing series of letters purporting to come from different firms of scolicitors and debt collection agencies all making out I was a criminal. But when you dig a bit, you find that the registered addresses of these cowboys all belong to Scottish. It was B Gas, to whom I was moving, who offered the only sensible advice. Quite appreciated them to be honest. I'd trust them actually. NPower? I wouldn't spit on the, tbh. Almost as bad as Scottish.

BobG

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 21, 2010, 09:07:21 pm by BobG »
Hmmm. But NPower, and Scottish are equally inept. I had a blazing row with the Scottish lot that lasted almost 12 months. I refused to pay what i thought was an exhorbitant, and utterly unjustified final bill. Their response was to bombard me with an ever increasing series of letters purporting to come from different firms of solicitors and debt collection agencies all making out I was a criminal. But when you dig a bit, you find that the registered addresses of these cowboys all belong to Scottish. It was B Gas, to whom I was moving, who offered the only sensible advice. Quite appreciated them to be honest. I'd trust them actually. NPower? I wouldn't spit on them, tbh. Almost as bad as Scottish.

BobG

Dickie Dido

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 21, 2010, 09:51:46 pm by Dickie Dido »
Some of the electric companies don't deserve to be in business. Their treatment of customers is shocking.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 21, 2010, 11:29:13 pm by MrFrost »
mushRTID wrote:
I have been in my flat since october and been paying for my electricity by direct debit (5 payments so far).

The other day i got a final bill from British Gas so I called them to tell them I didnt want to leave and it was a mistake.

They then told me my meter is registered to another flat..and called it crossed meters. Whoever is at the other flat is changing suppliers and i got a final bill.

BG put me in touch with Npower for some reason, I think its because they originally installed the meters and they said they hope to have it resolved by the end of June. In the meantime, British Gas have closed my account!

Has anyone known of this before and is it easily sorted because im confused as f**k?

Cheers

Here's my advice, having previously worked in the energy industry and dealing with crossed meters.
Firstly, check your electric meter. You need to get the meter serial number, and check this against what BG have down.
Get hold of your MPAN aswell from British Gas. Get in touch with ECOES who hold meter details for all properties.
It sounds like BG have been billing you for another meter, which in turn means that someone else will be getting bills for your actual meter.
BG are not at fault here, it is ECOES and NPOWER who will be responsible for the installation and information of the meter.
First and foremost though, check your meter details and find out who the actual supplier is. It can take several months to resolve a crossed meter issue. The supplying company to your actual meter can also back bill you if they like aswell, meaning you would have to claim back money you have paid to BG, as in effect they have never supplied you.
Its messy, but if you need any further help, give me a shout.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 22, 2010, 12:36:50 pm by Donnywolf »
Dickie Dido wrote:
Some of the electric companies don't deserve to be in business. Their treatment of customers is shocking.

watt ?

revolting comment to make

obviously you are intent on ampere ing a serious discussion

please go OHM immediately as some people on here are on a short fuse lately

is your contribution going to be a series of puns as I notice...

...you are doing the same in Parallel on the Painting thread ...

... and that will just pylon the agony for the rest of us

Dickie Dido

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 22, 2010, 01:09:53 pm by Dickie Dido »
I think you might have your wires crossed old lad, I was merely agreeing with the current situation regarding some electric companies.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 22, 2010, 01:16:43 pm by CusworthRovers »
I thought the thread was a cheap plug for certain electricity suppliers

muff licker

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 22, 2010, 01:25:35 pm by muff licker »
mushRTID wrote:

Cheers

Don't blow a FUSE, i'm sure there is AMPle time to get it sorted.

muff licker

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 22, 2010, 01:25:47 pm by muff licker »
mushRTID wrote:

Cheers

Don't blow a FUSE, i'm sure there is AMPle time to get it sorted.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 22, 2010, 05:26:21 pm by Donnywolf »
oy thats a bit NEGATIVE - not only posting the same thing twice but repeating the Puns already used i.e AMP and FUSE

:laugh:

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 22, 2010, 06:53:38 pm by mushRTID »
:laugh:

Thanks for the advice Mr Frost, I have given the serial number to both BG and Npower so it doesnt sound as though theres much more I can do at the moment.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 25, 2010, 09:30:55 pm by i_ateallthepies »
NPower are wonk.  They sent me a final bill when the meter reading franchise they use reported that my house had been de fcuking molished!!!  Fcuk me! it's been here since 1958 along with the other 25 properties on the lane and because suddenly some cnut of a meter man couldn't be arsed to look up the whole lane (less than 400 yards) he tells them the house has gone and they didn't even bother to write to check it out.  I was still paying the direct debit FFS!!!!!!!!

So when I phoned to tell them they'd fcuked up they said once they declared the account closed I would have to apply for a whole new one along with all the palarva of applying for a new direct debit and the whole fcuking lot!!!

DO I SOUND P*SSED OFF???? WELL DO I????

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 25, 2010, 10:45:13 pm by MrFrost »
i_ateallthepies wrote:
NPower are wonk.  They sent me a final bill when the meter reading franchise they use reported that my house had been de fcuking molished!!!  Fcuk me! it's been here since 1958 along with the other 25 properties on the lane and because suddenly some cnut of a meter man couldn't be arsed to look up the whole lane (less than 400 yards) he tells them the house has gone and they didn't even bother to write to check it out.  I was still paying the direct debit FFS!!!!!!!!

So when I phoned to tell them they'd fcuked up they said once they declared the account closed I would have to apply for a whole new one along with all the palarva of applying for a new direct debit and the whole fcuking lot!!!

Your beef should have been with the metering company then, not Npower. All Gas and Electric companies can only go from data supplied by the metering servicing companies, thats just how it is.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 26, 2010, 06:29:20 am by Dagenham Rover »
i_ateallthepies wrote:

New account new/updated terms and conditions...........or am I being cynical  :(

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 26, 2010, 07:04:26 am by Filo »
MrFrost wrote:

Your beef should have been with the metering company then, not Npower. All Gas and Electric companies can only go from data supplied by the metering servicing companies, thats just how it is.

Wrong! i_ateallthepies`s beef is with Npower, that`s who he deals with, it is Npower`s responsability to sort the metering company out as they contract them to do the job properly. The metering company cannot cancel your account with your written permission!

And I agree Npower are shite, i`ve found Eon far cheaper and reliable

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on March 26, 2010, 07:19:39 am by Dagenham Rover »
I agree  i_ateallthepies`s contract is with Npower not the metering company if Npower chose to sub contract the meter readings out that is their option however they remain responsible as your contract is with them,

I had a row with British Gas about 15 years ago when one of their subcontracters damaged a new carpet they tried allsorts to blame the subby until I quite forcefully told them my contract is with them not the sub contractor eventually they paid up and they claimed off the sub contractor

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 26, 2010, 01:41:09 pm by MrFrost »
Every gas and electric company subcontracts for meter readings, thats the way it is. The companies can only act on the information given to them.

Its exactly the same in the case of an erroneous transfer which happens all the time in the energy industry. If another company comes in to take your electric supply, because they have made a mistake with a meter number for example, then your supplier HAS to agree to it, unless you tell them not to. This kind of thing happens on a huge scale and people get transfered to a new supplier without their knowledge.

If you complained to the regulators regarding matters such as this, they would advise you exactly the same.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on March 26, 2010, 06:35:27 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Not disputing anything, Mr F however the point now being made is

My contract is with energy supplier X
should energy supplier X chose to subcontract any part of their services that is entirely up to them.
Should energy supplier x send subcontractors to my house and they blow it up, I sue energy supplier X as thats who my contract is with.I have no contract with the sub contractors

Energy supplier X then sues the sub contractors with whom they have a contract.
although they try their damndest to tell you otherwise  ;)

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 26, 2010, 09:23:28 pm by Metalmicky »
I think that you are both right.  The customer contract is with NPower; however, they are reliant on the metering company to provide the figures so that they can [strike]fleece[/strike] bill you correctly.

Have to agree that NPower are shite.  I was on the point of taking them to the small claims court over a Gas 'sculpting' issue.  It took me several months and lots of letter, but they finally settled out of court.  Wouldn't personally go near any of the big energy providers again with a barge pole.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on March 26, 2010, 09:36:55 pm by BobG »
Who do you use then Micky? I'd be real interested 'cos I am seriously unimpressed with the shower of shite Thatcher has left us with. Bring back the CEGB sez I!

BobG

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 26, 2010, 10:19:46 pm by Metalmicky »
BobG wrote:
Who do you use then Micky? I'd be real interested 'cos I am seriously unimpressed with the shower of shite Thatcher has left us with. Bring back the CEGB sez I!

BobG

I'm with a company called Ebico Bob.  They are a not for profit organisation who do not have a bunch of shareholders to 'support'.  They come under a Southern Electric for administration purposes - i.e. when you call them up you go through the Southern Electric switchboard.  The good thing about this is that Southern Electric have a freephone facility which is based in the UK - they are also high on customer service ratings.  One thing I do like is that I am not tied into the comapny - so if I choose to leave I can, without giving notice or seeing out some contract.

They may not be the very cheapest out there; however, they are competative and from my experience cheaper than NPower.  The fact that I can phone up somebody for free, not have to wait an age and sort any problems with someone talking the same language means quite a lot to me. Nothing racist in it - just prefer to understand who I am talking to and to get my message over first time - rather than having to repeat things over.

I totally agree with your comment regarding bringing back CEGB though - life was a lot simpler then eh.........

TinyPortal © 2005-2012