Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 03:59:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Message from JR about his book and season tickets  (Read 3055 times)

gartom

Message from JR about his book and season tickets
« on March 22, 2010, 04:13:57 pm by gartom »
Hi all,
John just called to say he is pleased with the book sales - but would prefer folk to buy thru the club shop rather than Amazon if possible - we make more money for the Rovers via our own shop.
Books are now available at the shop - or call for one, tel = 01302 764667

OK?

I moaned at John last week about the lack of follow up / publicity re season tickets.....JR has promised to get details about next seasons tickets and the early bird discount in the Free Press this week - OK?

Cheers, Gareth

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re:Message from JR about his book and season tickets
« Reply #1 on March 22, 2010, 04:27:51 pm by Filo »
gartom wrote:
Hi all,
John just called to say he is pleased with the book sales - but would prefer folk to buy thru the club shop rather than Amazon if possible - we make more money for the Rovers via our own shop.
Books are now available at the shop - or call for one, tel = 01302 764667

OK?

I moaned at John last week about the lack of follow up / publicity re season tickets.....JR has promised to get details about next seasons tickets and the early bird discount in the Free Press this week - OK?

Cheers, Gareth

Whoops, pre ordered mine from Amazon a couple of months ago, if I didn`t do it then on the spur of the moment, i would never have bought it, so I supose a sale at a reduced income for the Rovers is better than no sale at all

gartom

« Reply #2 on March 22, 2010, 04:33:46 pm by gartom »
John is the first to admit no-one thought about the income stream from club shop v amazon....that's why he rang me just now to see if folk could buy from the shop rather than amazon...lets hope folk see this and act on it !

SkellowRover

• Forum Member

danrover82

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 22, 2010, 05:19:27 pm by danrover82 »
and the message I sent you mate, Ta

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 22, 2010, 05:29:05 pm by Superspy »
Rigoglioso wrote:
If it hasn't been done already, is it worth mentioning on the OS that the book is available from the club shop right now?

I'm sure if something goes on the OS along the lines of \"Books are in limited supply, so waste no time in popping down to the club shop to pick up your copy now\", then quite a few will be sold before the game tomorrow night.

EDIT: If possible maybe JR could do a signing session at the club shop (say before the Plymouth game) as that would encourage a few people to purchase it and have a quick chat with the man himself at the same time as well. Could boost sales a bit!

are we in a twilight zone...i thought he WAS doing a signing before the plymouth match...

River Don

• Forum Member
Re:Message from JR about his book and season ticke
« Reply #6 on March 22, 2010, 05:33:37 pm by River Don »
The book is being promoted in Rovers official online store. It has to be said that is pretty well hidden and there is no mention of it on the front page of the official site. :dry:

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 22, 2010, 05:34:25 pm by weststander »
Rigoglioso wrote:
If it hasn't been done already, is it worth mentioning on the OS that the book is available from the club shop right now?

I'm sure if something goes on the OS along the lines of \"Books are in limited supply, so waste no time in popping down to the club shop to pick up your copy now\", then quite a few will be sold before the game tomorrow night.

EDIT: If possible maybe JR could do a signing session at the club shop (say before the Plymouth game) as that would encourage a few people to purchase it and have a quick chat with the man himself at the same time as well. Could boost sales a bit!

Well I enquired in the shop on Saturday about availability to be told it will not be available until the end of the month

Bikka

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 22, 2010, 05:51:20 pm by Bikka »
Rigoglioso wrote:
Superspy wrote:
are we in a twilight zone...i thought he WAS doing a signing before the plymouth match...

Argh, he may be then!

Anyone got a spare bucket of cold water to chuck over my head? I'm about as alert as Guy Ipoua in a one-on-one situation today!

Get back in your box Rigo :P

Have to say very disappointed in you Filo of all the excuses i've heard that's poor  :P

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 22, 2010, 07:19:00 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Does that infer that no one else at the club is switched on enough to do this as a matter of course then ?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 22, 2010, 07:22:05 pm by mushRTID »
How much is it? Can you still get 10% off with season ticke in club shop  :)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 22, 2010, 07:37:30 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
No need to spend a penny....get the tannoy man to say it !!! FFS not rocket science!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 22, 2010, 07:40:21 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
What about JR himself getting on the mike just before kick-off whilst we got our biggest attendance as a captive audience !!

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 22, 2010, 07:50:06 pm by SkellowRover »
Norfolk N Chance wrote:
No need to spend a penny....get the tannoy man to say it !!! FFS not rocket science!

We could get him to read JR's new book out load, it would be more entertaining lol.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 22, 2010, 07:50:07 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
FFS say it again not rocket science but very effective!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 25, 2010, 07:32:11 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

I must be going blind 'cos I can't see anything in this weeks Free Press.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012