Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 07:11:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Dickie Habbin Attacked  (Read 2443 times)

eastender

• VSC Member
Dickie Habbin Attacked
« on March 22, 2010, 04:20:39 pm by eastender »
Beaten and  robbed in his own Home.

url]http://www.thestar.co.uk/doncaster/Balaclavaclad-burglars-hit-exstriker-with.6169824.jp[/url]

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
Re:Dickie Habbin Attacked
« Reply #1 on March 22, 2010, 04:28:18 pm by SkellowRover »
Sickening, i hope they found who did it and throw the book at them. having said that it will probably be some chavs who will get nothing more then their wrists slapped.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 22, 2010, 05:17:31 pm by roversdude »
Probably be rewarde with a safari amid cries of coming from a broken home, bring back birching.
Hope Dickie recovers

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 22, 2010, 07:13:18 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Maybe I've been reading too much Ian Rakine, but that sounds like more than a couple of chancers look for some skag money.

That's me off the jury any road...

Anyway, best wishes to the \"Rotherham United striker who also played for...errr...another South Yorkshire club.\" Old Dick was my hero for a couple of years back when I were a bairn. Not that there wad much competition like, given that he had team mates ad talented as Mickey French and Bobby Owen.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 22, 2010, 10:55:46 pm by BobG »
Jesus! He wasn't very good, but he didn't deserve that. A battering ram on his front door? What on Earth is happening to people?

Get well Dick.

BobG

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 22, 2010, 11:14:19 pm by JonWallsend »
BobG wrote:
Jesus! He wasn't very good,

BobG

I know that was tongue in cheek, Bob but I played against Dick in the Rotherham Sunday League quite a few times in the late 80's and he was absolute class.
 I used to watch him play for Rovers and always thought he was average. It just highlighted for me that you dont play pro(Rovers 97-98 vintage excepted)if you haven't got real ability.
A thoroughly nice bloke, too.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 22, 2010, 11:36:43 pm by BobG »
Yes Jon. he was/is a nice bloke. And he did some good stuff sometimes too. He was getting older when he came to us but I do remember one or two crackers from Dick. I'm gobsmacked at this news. It's terrible. I hope his wife wasn't smaacked as well.

Cheers

BobG

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 22, 2010, 11:44:15 pm by JonWallsend »
He could take care of himself too. Obviously not much you can do when confronted with an iron bar though. His wife doesn't appear to have been injured. Hope he makes a recovery and the scum who did it are brought to justice.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012