Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 04:52:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: IF we were to beat Newcastle  (Read 2818 times)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
IF we were to beat Newcastle
« on March 22, 2010, 08:56:14 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
where would it rank in your all time list of famous victories.

For me, given the context of where we are, and where they are, it will be right up there. Similar anticipation of that before Elland Road, Pride Park and of course, Wemberleee !

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re:IF we were to beat Newcastle
« Reply #1 on March 22, 2010, 09:46:56 pm by dickos1 »
none of the above come close to the brittania for me, streets ahead with wembley in 2nd, cant compare league games to those triumphs in my opinion.

kenrockrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 22, 2010, 09:56:57 pm by kenrockrover »
no Cardiff for me took my son 6 years old then to his first big game,sat up in the sky and enjoyed every minute and now a STH in SWC

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 22, 2010, 10:28:25 pm by not on facebook »
queens park rangers at bv in facup for me

not just the victory was great,the whole day was mind blowing

drinking well before game,rovers,facup,victory,ground rocking,drinking well after game

football dont do days like that anymore

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 22, 2010, 10:39:11 pm by BobG »
Crystal Palace 1975 or so - on the way to the League Cup quarter finals. Palace were managed by Malcolm Allison and on their way to becoming the \"team of the eighties\". Says it all really. That was one helluva result that was.

BobG

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 22, 2010, 11:06:36 pm by RoversAlias »
dickos1 wrote:
none of the above come close to the brittania for me, streets ahead with wembley in 2nd, cant compare league games to those triumphs in my opinion.

Totally agree-all the emotions that day...the relief, the drama, the delight at getting out of the Conference, it won't be surpassed for me, Wembley is a distant second to that, but of course was still amazing.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 23, 2010, 07:36:27 am by Superspy »
Rigoglioso wrote:
Rather than be talk of the town, most people will have forgotten about it come Saturday when we go to Oakwell.

Tomorrow night is really starting to excite me though, proper cup game with a proper cup feeling towards it. It's the home game of the season, without a shadow of a doubt!

Totally agree with that, and i cannot wait for the match. hopefully the atmopshere will be awesome (which will of course be a pleasant change)...im just looking forward to not having empty seats everywhere for the first time since the leeds match.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 23, 2010, 08:45:35 am by Al4475 »
Brittania Stadium, Stoke - far and away (in my opinion) THE most important result in our history.

The Rebirth of DRFC!
Thinking of that day still brings tears to my eyes!

donnyspur

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 23, 2010, 09:07:27 am by donnyspur »
Chester City away in 2nd leg of play-off semi. It went down to penalties and Andy Wariington saved the last one......Thats where our rise started  :woohoo:  :woohoo:

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 23, 2010, 09:12:45 am by bedale rover »
Scunthorpe at home on boxing day 2003o go top of the league

and away at bramall lane last season
i jumped around that much gave myself a concussion!

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 23, 2010, 10:39:10 am by River Don »
DonnyBazR0ver wrote:
where would it rank in your all time list of famous victories.

For me, given the context of where we are, and where they are, it will be right up there. Similar anticipation of that before Elland Road, Pride Park and of course, Wemberleee !

It would depend what sort of style we did it in. If Rovers went out, passed the league leaders off the park, scored 3 including one that completed a 40-odd passing move then I'd say it'd rank very highly.

Not that I'm expecting anything like that you understand.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 23, 2010, 12:06:13 pm by Donnywolf »
dickos1 wrote:

ditto ditto ditto

my wish now is to get to Stoke for a game against them - Carling Cup FA Cup League game (though that does not look likely for a while)....that will for me be a spine tingling moment that will \"somehow\" close the circle

Redandwhitewhizards

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 23, 2010, 12:18:07 pm by Redandwhitewhizards »
For me, it wouldn't rank anywhere.

Its just a run of the mill league game, yes it is against glamorous opposition, but both teams are where they are on merit. Saying it would be one of our best wins is almost like saying we don't deserve to be on the same playing field in a league game as a team like Newcastle.

At times I often wish we could drop the 'pub team' tag - who is ever going to take us seriously and act like we deserve to be where we are, if our own fans insinuate that we don't.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 23, 2010, 12:21:37 pm by Donnywolf »
ditto to that as well

TinyPortal © 2005-2012