Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 04:41:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Officials and the big club syndrome!  (Read 4005 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Officials and the big club syndrome!
« on March 23, 2010, 10:23:32 pm by Filo »
If ever there was a match in which the officials favoured the big name, this was it!

The lino on the west side was a f**king disgrace! our lass could have done a better job!
A perfectly good goal disallowed and not once did he give the Toon forwards offside first half, a cock of the highest order, it`s about time they started withholding the match fee when they can`t get the basics right! :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
Re:Officials and the big club syndrome!
« Reply #1 on March 23, 2010, 10:26:36 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
I agree that West Stand 'Official' was a disgrace today.

Glad Im not the only one who saw nothing wrong with Billys Goal.

Though I think he did give one Newcastle off side in the first half - about 36 minutes in I think, queue raptures of ironic applause.

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 23, 2010, 10:30:23 pm by ScillyRover »
Billys goal just been on SSN - looked perfectly ok to me.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 23, 2010, 10:36:36 pm by Filo »
ScillyRover wrote:
Billys goal just been on SSN - looked perfectly ok to me.

It was ok, the shot came in from Woods I think, at that point every player was onside, the keeper saved it and it came out to Billy, how can he be offside when the keeper played the ball last? But that f**king tosser with the flag that missed 99% of Newcastle`s offsides in the first half decides this on is offside!

f**king big club syndrome!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 23, 2010, 10:41:09 pm by MrFrost »
I knew what was going to happen the minute Billy was brought down when through on goal and we didn't even get a free kick. The officials were shit, once again.

TheRev

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 23, 2010, 10:44:30 pm by TheRev »
That lino and the ref have just mugged me and the rest of us Donny fans.
That lino was a total c0ck and the ref  - well he aint good enough for this level of football.
Watch out Broddy if you get this prick!

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 23, 2010, 10:54:05 pm by Superspy »
yeah i felt we were victims of the big club syndrome tonight aswell. i wasnt sure whether billy was on or not, but if he was off it was on a f**king knife-edge.

regarding the keeper playing the ball last, im pretty sure the keeper doesnt count for offside decisions, ie, its whether he was offside or not when woods shot.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 23, 2010, 10:57:44 pm by Filo »
Superspy wrote:
yeah i felt we were victims of the big club syndrome tonight aswell. i wasnt sure whether billy was on or not, but if he was off it was on a fcuking knife-edge.

regarding the keeper playing the ball last, im pretty sure the keeper doesnt count for offside decisions, ie, its whether he was offside or not when woods shot.

He can`t be offside if he`s behind the ball, the only decision to make as you rightly said was if he was offside when Woods hit the shot, I don`t think so, no where near!

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 23, 2010, 11:06:56 pm by Superspy »
yeah i know he can't if he's behind the ball. i'll have to see the goal again when the highlights come up, as woods was getting ready to shoot i was thinking \"billy get onside\" as he was marginally off, but i thought he'd got onside again by the time the shot came...

linesman was a bellend for the whole game though.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 23, 2010, 11:37:30 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I couldn't tell from middle of the West stand and the highlights are inconclusive, but there looked to be a Newcastle player nearer the west stand who played us on !

Newscastle are a good team, fact. Newcastle may have won the game without the encouragement of the referee. But I'm sure it gets under our skin when the refs are unconciously biased towards the 'big' team. We've seen so many times when Newcastle have got an 'assist' from the referees. Sheff Wed and Barnsley have been victims of appalling errors from the officials.

The theme carried on tonight and from an early stage we all knew what was ahead.

When Billy got pulled back when through, to the offsides not given, and then given. The ref clearly has ambitions to be on the Premier League list and told the linesman only to put the flag up on his instructions.

Then there is winning the ball off the opposition. The experience of premier players tell them to go down when they lose the ball and the ref falls for it.

Nolan and Butt were whinging to the ref all through the game. In fact, in reality they reffed the game, not the man in the middle !!

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 24, 2010, 12:09:47 am by Snods Shinpad 2 »
I'm still speechless about just how bad the officials were tonight. I cannot recall a single correct decision for either team. That's quite an achievement for 90 minutes of football. Everything, and I mean everything was wrong.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 24, 2010, 12:15:32 am by Filo »
It`s not just this set of officials that favours the big name, it`s rife throughout the game, refs are scared of upsetting the big clubs, simple!

Yes we were beaten by the probable champions, i can live with that. The thing that gets me is the fact we were denied a point  by incomptents that couldn`t get the basics right!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 24, 2010, 12:16:35 am by Filo »
Rigoglioso wrote:
The linesman on the West Stand side didn't have a good game and he was pretty gash. However, for the \"offside\" with the disallowed goal, I think he may have actually got it right. That said, he was poor for us and poor for Newcastle as well.

Regarding the referee, I have no complaints whatsoever. He handled the game well, didn't make any glaring errors and I've seen far worse referees this season who have made my blood boil a hell of a lot more.

It`s right what they say about too much w**king!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 24, 2010, 07:45:37 am by bobjimwilly »
The thing is Rigo, I don't need to look for an excuse; we deserved the draw on merit last night by containing their attacking play and playing good football in possession, and scoring a bloody valid goal! It will get glossed over by the media like it always friggin does, but that goal should stand and we should have got the point.

The lino was bloody awful and cost us a goal, and the ref fell for it every time a barcode fell over - how on earth is that good reffing? Are you saying they were all fouls and all correct decisions? Billy didn't get pulled back on more than one occasion? I fail to see how this all adds up to us simply not putting away our chances?

It comes down to they had one shot all game and scored it, we had more than one shot, granted, but we also scored and thus the game should have finished 1-1.

I-was-there1976

« Reply #14 on March 24, 2010, 07:53:38 am by I-was-there1976 »
did people go on and on and on about the poor decisions that went with Rovers this season.

Forest at home. Def pen for them. Possible sending off.

Glossed over and forgot about more like.

Get over it lads. Rovers failed to score against a makeshift Newcastle defence with an old timer in midfield who cant run.

0-0 would have been a fair result.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 24, 2010, 10:08:28 am by bobjimwilly »
I-was-there1976 wrote:

That's the only point I'm making mate, the result last night wasn't fair.

Hey ho, let's take it out on the dingles!  :angry:

:P

London_Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 24, 2010, 02:43:15 pm by London_Rover »
I think the game is crying out for two referees.  I can't be doing with this one man in charge malarky.  

Linesmen are the pits generally.  I ball gets kicked out two yards from them and they don't see it.  They stare at the ref waiting for him to make a decision.

I think the beautiful game is spoilt by offiicialdom (and that includes stewards and police but that is a different topic).

I am looking forward to the day when after a mass brawl the ref lines everyone up and then just walks down the line holding his yellow card...

JESUSISHERE

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 24, 2010, 02:47:16 pm by JESUSISHERE »
get a topic started up about stewards london rover, might get some heat off of wilson for a while!

WSBBA_Ben

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 24, 2010, 02:58:28 pm by WSBBA_Ben »
London_Rover wrote:
I think the game is crying out for two referees.  I can't be doing with this one man in charge malarky.  

Linesmen are the pits generally.  I ball gets kicked out two yards from them and they don't see it.  They stare at the ref waiting for him to make a decision.

I think the beautiful game is spoilt by offiicialdom (and that includes stewards and police but that is a different topic).

I am looking forward to the day when after a mass brawl the ref lines everyone up and then just walks down the line holding his yellow card...

You're right in a way....The ref looked like he could have done with a hand last night.

Ah hem.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on March 24, 2010, 10:32:53 pm by i_ateallthepies »
I-was-there1976 wrote:
did people go on and on and on about the poor decisions that went with Rovers this season.

Forest at home. Def pen for them. Possible sending off.

Glossed over and forgot about more like.

Get over it lads. Rovers failed to score against a makeshift Newcastle defence with an old timer in midfield who cant run.

I can't believe some people!!! We've had numerous howling game changing decisions go against us this season, and one YES ONE howler go in our favour, but every fcuking time we have a moan about referees there's always one fcuker dismisses it by citing the ONE that went our way against Forest. :angry:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on March 25, 2010, 07:07:08 am by Filo »
Rigoglioso wrote:

But if you ask fans of any team, its always the same. The referees are always against them and the team they support should have more points in the bag than what they have actually got!

I can`t believe i`m reading this, has someone hack your account Rigo? you`ve always had a good moan about refs in the past

TinyPortal © 2005-2012