Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 01:10:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Wilson MOTM  (Read 2647 times)

Wellred

• Forum Member
Wilson MOTM
« on March 24, 2010, 03:08:25 pm by Wellred »
Now before anyone starts having a rant. This is not aimed at Wilsons performance last night as I have already stated on another thread that I thought up until his mistake he was having a good game but.....................
Are the people on here who actually voted for him as MOTM taking the piss or are they serious.
I would be interested to hear from any of those who voted for him to come out and say is it a wind up or did they really think he was MOTM?

and Bob G don't get on your high horse. I am not having a moan or being negative etc etc It is a serious question.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

WSBBA_Ben

• Forum Member
Re:Wilson MOTM
« Reply #1 on March 24, 2010, 03:12:50 pm by WSBBA_Ben »
Wellred wrote:
Now before anyone starts having a rant. This is not aimed at Wilsons performance last night as I have already stated on another thread that I thought up until his mistake he was having a good game but.....................
Are the people on here who actually voted for him as MOTM taking the piss or are they serious.
I would be interested to hear from any of those who voted for him to come out and say is it a wind up or did they really think he was MOTM?

Here here!! I personally think it's a protest vote; not even Wilson himself would have suggested he was the best man in red and white last night. I look forward to the explainations.

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 24, 2010, 03:16:12 pm by SkellowRover »
I voted Oster, nothing to do with protesting or winding people up. I always vote honestly in my opinion and last night i thought Oster was head and shoulders above everybody else last night and for the life of me have no idea how robbo got motm from the sponsors.

Albert Trousers

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 24, 2010, 03:22:45 pm by Albert Trousers »
Oster by a mile last night, Wilson did OK as did most of the others, Sharp and Hayter worked there nuts off and Chambers had a good game.

The person on that vote who is taking the piss is the one that voted for Sheils, the ball boys worked harder than him.

bigdonnyboy

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 24, 2010, 03:31:40 pm by bigdonnyboy »
I find it strange Wellred that did not ask about the votes cast for the remaining players besides Wilson, so it does seem like a Wilson rant. Up until his mistake Wilson had an excellent game, even under pressure he still managed to feed some great passes up to Sharp and we could have easily got a goal from them on another day. We didn't look as organised when he went off.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 24, 2010, 03:45:29 pm by Filo »
Wellred wrote:

and Bob G don't get on your high horse. I am not having a moan or being negative etc etc It is a serious question.
Everyone's entitled to an opinion, haven' you used that line in the past, numerous times? ;)

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 24, 2010, 04:17:20 pm by Wellred »
bigdonnyboy wrote:
I find it strange Wellred that did not ask about the votes cast for the remaining players besides Wilson, so it does seem like a Wilson rant. Up until his mistake Wilson had an excellent game, even under pressure he still managed to feed some great passes up to Sharp and we could have easily got a goal from them on another day. We didn't look as organised when he went off.

FFS don't be so paranoid. It was a straight forward question. For me Oster was MOTM by a mile I wanted to know why so many thought he wasn't and why Wilson was.

bigdonnyboy

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 24, 2010, 04:27:01 pm by bigdonnyboy »
Paranoid, what the hell are you on?, it was just a straight forward question about the other votes that you didn't bother to mention. And you still didn't answer to the question, why?

Perks

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 24, 2010, 04:30:28 pm by Perks »
Oster MOM for me, although i think Wilson did have a good game until his mistake, so i can see why people have voted for him.

Grant

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 24, 2010, 06:03:07 pm by Grant »
Oster was by far MOM
and a word of advice to people, dont put your views/opnions forward, because you will get victimized. When one person doesnt agree everyone doesnt. One sound comes to mind. \"Bah\" (sheep).

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 24, 2010, 06:04:02 pm by idler »
I thought that Oster was the best and most creative player on the pitch last night. He was a pleasure to watch.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 24, 2010, 06:27:21 pm by DonnyNoel »
Wellred wrote:

Oster for me by a mile so why just question the votes for Wilson? I'd personally be more interested to hear from the people who have voted for Woods but it's all about opinions. Doesn't surprise me people voted for Wilson - had a good game, just made two crap passes and one led to a goal. That wouldn't necessarily disqualify him in some eyes, and I'd argue Oster was a bit quieter when Wilson went off as he was forced back more. Oster from JOC from Wilson for me.

rovinrover52

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 24, 2010, 06:37:23 pm by rovinrover52 »
i thought they were all a pleasure to watch
the little flicks over oppos head the ball control when under pressure not panick kicking it away
im rovin rovers wife and only get to see games when im not working although we are both season ticket holders and i can see the difference every game i come to and that match was truley proffessional
and worthy of a win
im so proud to have seen it and the other matches ive been to such a tight choice for mom
 to :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:

Jonathan

« Reply #13 on March 24, 2010, 10:16:35 pm by Jonathan »
Oster by a mile once again, but Wilson had a good game and the booing of him after the Newcastle goal was extremely short sighted. We were punished in clinical fashion for one error but to ignore the good things Wilson had done up to that point shows a shocking level of ignorance. I'm not a fan of Wilson when he strolls through games (and there are too many examples of that), but it would be a shame not to acknowledge when he has a good game and last night he did well on the whole.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 24, 2010, 10:27:45 pm by wilts rover »
To say that the match up in central midfield was Wilson and Oster against Nicky Butt and Kevin Nolan, how can antone expect any more of them than what they did? Both of those players had good games, Newcastle punished our mistake, we were not clinical enough when we had the opportunity. Plenty of room for improvement, roll on Saturday.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012