Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:56:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Today  (Read 3031 times)

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
Today
« on March 27, 2010, 09:04:28 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
I loved the way Copps ran the entire length of the pitch to celebrate his goal with the fans. Fantastic stuff.  :)

Thought the match was pretty forgettable apart from the goal and the first ten minutes of the second half. Sharp looked tired to me and spent too much time complaining and falling over. Wilson had an off day with his passing but stuck his foot in and was solid enough (here we go again). Sulli pulled off a great save to save us 3 points. JET blew hot and cold. Coppinger had a good game and maybe my MOM. Martis was solid enough and the rest of the defence were steady.

Special mention for the support today. I thought it was top notch.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re:Today
« Reply #1 on March 27, 2010, 09:10:27 pm by Donnywolf »
Yes a great response following a great shot

I think I will choose 26 JC as MOTM though its a close call with Deadman the KNOBHEAD of a ref

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 27, 2010, 09:15:10 pm by Superspy »
yeah me and dad were saying the same about coppinger coming to the fans to celebrate. i think he knew how much it ment to the fans to beat barnsley today given the last 3 results against them, and also the fact that he had to miss the newcastle game will have fired him up for this, and no doubt it ment just as much to him as it did to us.

i agree about the support aswell, didnt seem to stop for longer than a minute for the whole match. on that note, i think today we actually came across a home crowd more pathetic than our own.

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 27, 2010, 09:26:45 pm by SkellowRover »
Took my 11 year old daughter to her first away game today. She gave me a weird look when we started singing \"whats is like to shag your mam\", but she did giggle at the \"dirty dingle bas**rds\" lol.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 27, 2010, 09:30:49 pm by CusworthRovers »
I thought Copps was on fire today. Trouble is, he wasn't utilised enough by his colleagues.

Oster is revelling in this central/all over the pitch role.

Hayter was Hayter, very busy, everywhere and what a good shift he put in.

I feel Chambo is just on a slight downer at the mo, as is Robbo....that from the very high pedestal they have been playing at over the last 5 months. IMO only.

To throw in the weekly Wilson watch (WWW).....I thought he played very well today. He broke up most of everything that they tried to bring through the middle, he covered every position that one of his colleagues left, he supported, he won tackles, headers. No, he never ran past 2-3 players or outskilled an opponent.......but then again he's not Iniesta, Gerrard or Fabregas is he. He's Mark Wilson and he played to his strengths/capabilities today like he has for most of the season. Well done again Mark.

stockyboy

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 27, 2010, 09:42:07 pm by stockyboy »
Copps was my MOM, he deserved that goal today. Loved the celebration, that showed me he loves the club today!

Wilson did well, faded a bit for a few mins in second half but did well. Sharp looked tired but had a good battle with the beast of Darren Moore. JET just frustrates me, looks far too lazy. Sulli yet again saved us 3 points.

All in all good team performance, great support, dingles support was overall. How ever game wasn't really memorable over then the goal.

VikingJames

« Reply #6 on March 27, 2010, 09:48:53 pm by VikingJames »
I thought we were good today. Not outstanding, but we really dug in and stuck to our task, and once we scored, we didn't ever really look like throwing it away. It was a typical derby game really - tense at times, with neither side willing to over-commit, and in the end I think that we were that little bit better with the ball, and in a game of few chances, we were more clinical in front of goal. I don't think that any Rovers player had a bad game. The back four were solid, the midfield was functional, with Oster and Copps pulling the strings, and Billy lead the line well, although he did miss a great chance with the header in the 2nd half. Sullivan was also very commanding with the crosses, and made a good save right near the end when Barnsley were pushing for a late goal. Coppinger was probably man of the match, as he looked lively throughout the game and scored a great goal, but as I say, none of the players played badly. O'Connor put in a great performance at the back and made a couple of crucial blocks right at the end.

Agreed that the support was great and it looked as though the players really appreciated it, especially when Copps scored and ran all the way back down the pitch to celebrate with us.

Overall, typical close-run derby game, but we shaded it and deserved our win.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 27, 2010, 10:18:17 pm by Superspy »
SkellowRover wrote:
Took my 11 year old daughter to her first away game today. She gave me a weird look when we started singing \"whats is like to shag your mam\", but she did giggle at the \"dirty dingle bas**rds\" lol.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  brilliant!

besty

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 27, 2010, 10:22:32 pm by besty »
Totally agree our home support ie singing/atmosphere is pretty dire but is it any worse than most teams??

Personally  thought Barnsleys support was far worse than ours

Goldthorpe Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 27, 2010, 10:32:24 pm by Goldthorpe Rover »
I also thought Copps deserved that goal he worked his pants off. Sully again was outstanding as was the defence,
I have to say JET does not impress me and I have seen all his Rovers games to date. Billy looked tired and very frustrated at times, but still wouldnt be without him. As mentioned earlier the fans were awsome. Not the best game Ive seen this season but three points against the Dingles will do me thank you very much.

Donnybob

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 28, 2010, 08:31:02 am by Donnybob »
but then again he's not Iniesta, Gerrard or Fabregas is he

Err, describing a Rovers player...

Will someone stick this quote by Cusworth Rover right on top of the board and keep it there in perpetuity, just in case we're ever in danger of getting a bit carried away with ourselves.

Forget the recent promotions, the cups and the giant killings. Forget the 100,000 words JR has just published. Forget the play-off ambitions of the fans.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, says more about raised expectation levels than those eleven little words.

Bloody hell!

VikingJames

« Reply #11 on March 28, 2010, 01:17:32 pm by VikingJames »
Donnybob wrote:

Will someone stick this quote by Cusworth Rover right on top of the board and keep it there in perpetuity, just in case we're ever in danger of getting a bit carried away with ourselves.

Forget the recent promotions, the cups and the giant killings. Forget the 100,000 words JR has just published. Forget the play-off ambitions of the fans.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, says more about raised expectation levels than those eleven little words.

Bloody hell!

I think you might have taken Cusworth Rover's post out of context a bit. He wasn't having a go at Willo with that, he was praising him for sticking within his capabilities, and not trying to do too much as MW knows he aint a Gerrard or a Fabregas etc.

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 28, 2010, 01:49:48 pm by northern soul »
We were laughing at the fact that Copps had made it all the way back down the pitch to celebrate with us, Billy had only just made it out of the box in their area!

DavTrav

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 28, 2010, 02:00:11 pm by DavTrav »
Really wish i'd seen Billy winding the dingles up, was too busy screaming my head off with my dad and clapping Copps as he raced towards us ... what was Billy up to??!

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 29, 2010, 09:17:47 am by CusworthRovers »
VikingJames wrote:
Donnybob wrote:

Bloody hell!

I think you might have taken Cusworth Rover's post out of context a bit. He wasn't having a go at Willo with that, he was praising him for sticking within his capabilities, and not trying to do too much as MW knows he aint a Gerrard or a Fabregas etc.

Thanks Mate. I thought that was clear as day. Obviously not

TinyPortal © 2005-2012