Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 11:21:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Internet Query  (Read 2862 times)

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
Internet Query
« on March 28, 2010, 02:47:05 pm by ScillyRover »
I've a query for all you internet Gurus out there....

I regularly get the following error message in my browser when trying to access Youtube -

Network Timeout
The operation timed out when attempting to contact www.youtube.com.
The requested site did not respond to a connection request and the browser has stopped waiting for a reply.
*  Could the server be experiencing high demand or a temporary failure?  Try again later.
*  Are you unable to browse other sites? Check the computer's network connection.
*  Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy?  Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.
*  Still having trouble? Consult your network administrator or Internet provider for assistance.

Is this because Youtube is too busy to cope with the demand or is there any possibility my ISP is restricting access to Youtube or throttling back traffic to it ??

Any thoughts on this greatly apreciated. Thanks.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re:Internet Query
« Reply #1 on March 29, 2010, 03:15:15 am by RobTheRover »
Is this because Youtube is too busy to cope with the demand or is there any possibility my ISP is restricting access to Youtube or throttling back traffic to it ??

Yes to both.

Or you could be being used as a spam robot and your bandwidth is being compromised.

Sleep well! ;-)

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 29, 2010, 10:18:49 am by ScillyRover »
RobTheRover wrote:

Yes to both.

Or you could be being used as a spam robot and your bandwidth is being compromised.

Sleep well! ;-)

Thanks for the comment Rob. Is there any way of checking any of these scenarios ?.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 29, 2010, 12:16:56 pm by MrFrost »
Who is your ISP?

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 29, 2010, 01:15:18 pm by ScillyRover »
MrFrost wrote:
Who is your ISP?

F9 (Force9), part of the Plusnet Group.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 29, 2010, 02:22:56 pm by MrFrost »
How long has this been happening for? I've done a bit of work with Plusnet in the past. I know a couple of people there if you need it investigating.

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 29, 2010, 06:57:05 pm by ScillyRover »
MrFrost wrote:
How long has this been happening for? I've done a bit of work with Plusnet in the past. I know a couple of people there if you need it investigating.

Thanks for your follow up Mr Frost.

It's been happening for weeks now, primarily when I try to access Youtube. I don't have much trouble accessing other sites.
Very frustrating and annoying as I watch quite a few video clips and also have my own channel on there.
I'd really appreciate it if you could mention it to anyone at Plusnet. Ideally I'd like to know if it's an ISP problem
or if there's any other aspect I should be looking at.
Cheers.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012