Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 08:13:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Swansea night out  (Read 4216 times)

WSBBA_Ben

• Forum Member
Swansea night out
« on March 31, 2010, 11:50:33 am by WSBBA_Ben »
For all those who went to Wolves on the last day of last season, you'll know it was outstanding. We're standing on the edge of a historic finish to our season; whatever we do, we could argue that we are being treated to one of the most vintage Doncaster Rovers sides in our 131 year history. We travel to Swansea, buzzing off such a great season; but who is stopping down there? We're going down at the crack of dawn on Sunday and stopping over, let us know if you're doing the same.

FYI - The Premier Inn in Swansea (Premier Inn North) is 4 miles from the ground and is offering rooms at £29! We've got 5 twin rooms for under £150! Bargin.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Retdon1

• Forum Member
Re:Swansea night out
« Reply #1 on March 31, 2010, 02:25:57 pm by Retdon1 »
Theirs 6 of us going down fri afternoon and stopping fri and sat night in cardiff and going swansea for game on the sun, Dont wanna spoil your night but been out in swansea before and it was crap that why were doing 2 nights in cardiff.

WSBBA_Ben

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 31, 2010, 03:31:21 pm by WSBBA_Ben »
We did Cardiff in 2006 and loved it, but were a little worried about trains to and from Swansea on a bank holiday. Cheers for the heads up too; I wasn't aware of the early start, that 6am alarm will come keen.

Redandwhitewhizards

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 31, 2010, 03:36:00 pm by Redandwhitewhizards »
I wasn't aware of the change either, bloody nightmare!

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 31, 2010, 03:39:30 pm by DaveDRFC »
I don't think it's a recent change is it? I remembered a couple of months ago that Wolves was a 1pm kick off last season so I checked the fixtures on BBC and it was listed as a 1pm start. Think it was the end of January when I checked as I was sorting out time off work for the remaining games.

Redandwhitewhizards

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 31, 2010, 03:51:32 pm by Redandwhitewhizards »
I arranged to do something on the Saturday night before hand a couple of weeks ago and it was still listed as a 3pm kick off on DROS.

Chrisd_123

« Reply #6 on March 31, 2010, 03:57:26 pm by Chrisd_123 »
Last game of the season has always been a 1pm kick off in the championship hasn't it? it has for the past few years anyway.

Pintolager

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 31, 2010, 04:51:14 pm by Pintolager »
You are right, Chris....just typical DROS info  ;)

NigelJ

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 31, 2010, 05:42:21 pm by NigelJ »
Rigoglioso wrote:
I still can't understand why the FL just doesn't allow the Championship to end on the Saturday, like League's One and Two. Sod TV rights - which is why its moved anyway!

Totally disagree Rigo. This gives more coverage to Leagues One and Two for their end of season (even though this year, their season ends a week later). It has little to do with TV rights, as no games are shown live on the last day.

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 31, 2010, 05:57:56 pm by DaveDRFC »
I don't really see the issue, I'd much rather set off on the long drive back from Swansea at 3pm than 5!

Ger CCFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 31, 2010, 07:21:12 pm by Ger CCFC »
I would reccomend Cardiff more for a night out. More choices and a better nightlife.

Plenty of clubs/trendy bars, also some top indie venues with live bands/dj's on the weekend.

Clwb Ifor Bach is a favourite place of mine. Few beers in wetherspoons opposite then hit up Clwb for the whole night. Trains run very late back to Swansea from Cardiff Central. Not sure about the bank holiday train times though

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 31, 2010, 07:36:42 pm by scuzzer »
Don't be too down in the mouth about being stuck in Swansea for the nights, i did the Friday night before the game last year and had a belting night out.

There's one street pretty much like Silver Street to keep all sorts entertained and while admittedly it may not be Cardiff its still more than adequate for a couple of messy evenings.

Ger CCFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 31, 2010, 08:25:30 pm by Ger CCFC »
Don't forget your jabs off the doc before you go down to Swansea  :laugh:

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 31, 2010, 08:40:37 pm by FuzzyDuck »
I used to live in Swansea years ago.  Then, the best place to go was the Mumbles.  There was a pub crawl called the Mumbles mile which was good and it had a nightclub at the end.

That was about 20 years ago  :ohmy: It might be worth checking with the Swansea lads on 606 about what they reckon

I've never been round Cardiff so I can't comment, but I'd imagine it's good.

dn6red

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 31, 2010, 09:50:40 pm by dn6red »
Dont forget your wellies everyone!!

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 31, 2010, 10:06:51 pm by RedRover45 »
Ger CCFC wrote:
I would reccomend Cardiff more for a night out. More choices and a better nightlife.

Plenty of clubs/trendy bars, also some top indie venues with live bands/dj's on the weekend.

Clwb Ifor Bach is a favourite place of mine. Few beers in wetherspoons opposite then hit up Clwb for the whole night. Trains run very late back to Swansea from Cardiff Central. Not sure about the bank holiday train times though

Ger, is Henry Africas still there ? I remember having a right night out in there before the JPT final.

Ger CCFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 01, 2010, 12:18:27 am by Ger CCFC »
Rigoglioso wrote:
RedRover45 wrote:
Ger CCFC wrote:

Ger, is Henry Africas still there ? I remember having a right night out in there before the JPT final.

I'm sure it changed to something else just after the JPT final. Shame as it was a quality night in Henry Africa's on the Saturday! :) Brings back awesome memories.

Where was this by? St Mary's street?

Redandwhitewhizards

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 01, 2010, 07:57:03 am by Redandwhitewhizards »
Its an expensive cocktail bar now :(

Ger CCFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 01, 2010, 07:59:17 am by Ger CCFC »
Redandwhitewhizards wrote:
Its an expensive cocktail bar now :(

Few places have gone like this in Cardiff. Shame really! I went out for a beer last night in my local(40 minutes away from Cardiff) and a pint of cider cost me £2.95, two weeks ago it was £2.65! Not happy with the tax hike!

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 01, 2010, 09:53:21 am by mushRTID »
Arrived in Henry Africas about half 12 that saturday, full of rovers fans, brilliant atmosphere.

Funny going back on the sunday to find a notice on the  door saying there was no beer left!!!

Quality weekend that.

WSBBA_Ben

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 01, 2010, 02:19:05 pm by WSBBA_Ben »
Anyone decided to stop over for the night out?

The good ladies at Premier Inn have offered to have our rooms available at 11am when we get there as opposed to 2pm....cannot complain for £29.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 01, 2010, 05:07:40 pm by not on facebook »
your better off in cardiff for the nite before and after game

if swansea dont get the results they need to be in play offs
you will leave yer sens open to possible fat lips

saying above if you was in cardiff for nite after swansea did not get into play offs
you will treated like gods from locals as there will be no problem 'smelling of
been english'  as the documentry went

TinyPortal © 2005-2012