Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:39:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Yorkshire cricket  (Read 2930 times)

I-was-there1976

Yorkshire cricket
« on April 25, 2010, 05:08:06 pm by I-was-there1976 »
started the season off well despite being bookies favourites for relegation.

Started the new 40 over season today and currently 40/0 chasing 233

Anyone up for a bus trip to Headngley Carnegie for twenty/20 game ?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
Re:Yorkshire cricket
« Reply #1 on April 25, 2010, 06:56:51 pm by watto-drfc »
won by 10 wkts

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 26, 2010, 09:12:45 am by CusworthRovers »
I'll be taking in some of the games and hopefully see the mighty Mr Gibbs knock them all round the ground.

The youth of Yorkshire seem to be maturing well and we have a good young squad. Early days but the signs look good. I also think Bresnans England call up will spur him on another notch.

I'll also be taking in England v Aussies at OT and England v Pakistan at H. Plenty of ale will be swallowed on all cricket days.

Sandy Lane

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 26, 2010, 11:36:38 am by Sandy Lane »
Cricket is something I'd love to understand.  When I've asked about it, the usual reaction is to wave the question away and say it's too complicated.   :(

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 26, 2010, 12:11:25 pm by Donnywolf »
Here is a \"joke\" older than me.....BUT some people on here may not have seen it

This is an old one, but it still makes me smile...

The Laws of Cricket

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out. When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 26, 2010, 12:14:37 pm by Donnywolf »
CusworthRovers wrote:

I'll also be taking in England v Aussies at OT and England v Pakistan at H. Plenty of ale will be swallowed on all cricket days.

Me too and probably the Day / Night game at HQ - and ALL will involve drinking too !

Sandy Lane

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 26, 2010, 04:49:34 pm by Sandy Lane »
DONNYWOLF wrote:
Here is a \"joke\" older than me.....BUT some people on here may not have seen it

This is an old one, but it still makes me smile...

The Laws of Cricket

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out. When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

Lol

ahhh, in a nutshell and not at all complicated!  :-)

donnyjay

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 26, 2010, 06:56:31 pm by donnyjay »
CusworthRovers wrote:

I'll be taking in England v Aussies at OT and England v Pakistan at H.

Have you got the dates for those matches? I'm not planning on going it's just so I know not to put any washing out. ;)

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 26, 2010, 11:36:38 pm by CusworthRovers »
Very wise words my friend.

One would expect the Aussie game to be safe in June, but the September game against Pakistan is vulnerable.

Then again, weren't the Boscastle and Toll Bar floods in June?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 26, 2010, 11:38:55 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
CusworthRovers wrote:
Very wise words my friend.

One would expect the Aussie game to be safe in June, but the September game against Pakistan is vulnerable.

Then again, weren't the Boscastle and Toll Bar floods in June?

The Great 2007 Flood was in June too. 2007 I think.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 27, 2010, 10:37:41 pm by BobG »
Our bloody flood was in June too. Right deep and wet it was. It was a Friday. I know that 'cos Alexander still calls any flood 'the Friday flood'. Never seen a river flowing past my front gate before. Specially not one carrying a Ferrari along with it :)

Cheers

BobG

Sandy Lane

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 28, 2010, 02:35:12 am by Sandy Lane »
So cricket causes floods then?

Is this one of those little known rules?  :-)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 28, 2010, 12:46:27 pm by Donnywolf »
One of the Rules of Cricket amazingly is that they DONT have RULES but have LAWS instead

I thought LAWS did enough damage at Burnley - I will add before somebody else does

TinyPortal © 2005-2012