Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 01:44:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Players from relegated 3 teams… and decent buys?  (Read 3021 times)

DRFC85

• Forum Member
Players from relegated 3 teams… and decent buys?
« on May 02, 2010, 11:13:23 pm by DRFC85 »
Any gems in the relegated three teams that might be worth a sneaky bid?

To start, I've always thought Tommy Spurr has looked a solid player…also, although not technically a SWFC player, Luke Varney?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris

• Forum Member
Re:Players from relegated 3 teams… and decent buys?
« Reply #1 on May 02, 2010, 11:19:59 pm by Chris »
Jamie Mackie stood out everytime I saw Plymouth play this season.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on May 02, 2010, 11:23:36 pm by BobG »
Mackail Smith or whatever his name is?

Not suggesting him on knowledge. I don't have any. But he has scored a few in a poor side.

BobG

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 03, 2010, 12:17:22 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I Can't see any Premiership team being interested in Speroni, so it's other Championship clubs.

When I first saw him, pony tail and all, I thought he was a bit of a joke, but he's proved to be an excellent keeper. He seems to put his life on the line to keep the ball out of the net.

Would not be disappointed to see him at KM, but more likely he'll end up at Watford or Reading etc.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 03, 2010, 01:32:42 am by Viking Don »
Rigoglioso wrote:
Having watched Wednesday earlier on, I wouldn't really fancy buying any of their lot. Varney & Spurr were the best of a bad bunch, but I reckon we've got better players here already.

I wouldn't mind two or three of the Palace team. Although they didn't go down I reckon there will still be a mass exodus of players from Selhurst Park this summer. Speroni would be a fine addition, as would Ambrose. However, wages may be a problem for either of them (and Speroni will join QPR anyway).

I only just read your post - honest I wasn't copying! Great minds and all that. Speroni would be a top drawer signing, as would Ambrose. Varney is a good shout, he did the business for Crewe a few years back and could still be a top player in the right side. i.e. us.

Speroni for me though - worth ten points a season. Warnock knows that but surely he can afford someone with more experience.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 03, 2010, 07:42:18 am by Donnywolf »
... have I missed summat

With the interest in Speroni in the above threads maen that 1 NS HAS decided not to carry on / retire / whatever OR

...people are realising that its time he did ?

donnybel

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 03, 2010, 07:57:49 am by donnybel »
I agree with Chris Jamie Mackie seems like a SOD type player, also like Speroni or even Lee Grant,he's just had a crap defence infront of him all season!

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 03, 2010, 08:00:04 am by Barmby Rover »
Two players from the Wendies, Osjas and Johnson, both wingers but with some skill (unusual in this Wendies side so haven't fitted in!) Copps and Woods were both supposed to be wingers, they are better than just that now, the same could be said for these two as well.

donnypaul

« Reply #8 on May 03, 2010, 09:53:16 am by donnypaul »
wright phillips  , bit of height and decent first touch

Shawndrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 03, 2010, 10:00:19 am by Shawndrfc »
Jamie Mackie and Mackail-Smith would be good SoD signings and would do well in our side. Tommy Spurr is also a player I like because he has some height to him. Another player i would have from the pigs would be Mark Beevers because he's young and has alot of potential.

danny1

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 03, 2010, 11:08:02 am by danny1 »
i wouldnt mind jamie mackie or steve mclean from plymouth
and Marcus Tudgay his contracts runs out this summer from wednesday,
i would like Joe Murphy, marcus williams and nicky bailey too!

VikingJames

Re:Players from relegated 3 teams… and decent buys
« Reply #11 on May 03, 2010, 11:09:43 am by VikingJames »
I think there is Premier League interest in Mark Beevers and Tommy Spurr, so we can pretty much rule that out. Speroni and Ambrose will have a queue of clubs waiting for their signature, and sadly I don't think we would be their first choice club to join.

Mackail-Smith is a much more realistic shout. I like the look of him. He played okay against us for Posh at their place, and he has scored plenty of different types of goals in a struggling side.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on May 03, 2010, 11:28:03 am by Filo »
danny1 wrote:
i wouldnt mind jamie mackie or steve mclean from plymouth
and Marcus Tudgay his contracts runs out this summer from wednesday,
i would like Joe Murphy, marcus williams and nicky bailey too!

Tudgay? on that showing yesterday I would n`t him want at Armthorpe Welfare! In fact I thought he was n`t playing at one stage yesterday

kybone

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 03, 2010, 12:20:10 pm by kybone »
I didnt know much about the wednesday squad before yesterday to be fair. I did think that, on paper, they seemed to have a descent squad. Having watched the game yesterday i now believe that they have a very poor squad indeed. Honestly the only player i would take from them with open arms is Lee Grant. Tudgay is rubbish and sulky and johnson and esajas , although talented, only try when they feel like it. At one time i felt Beevers and Spurr were destined for the top but after yesterdays showing they haven't progressed at all. As for the other 2. Peterborough have been a shambles all season and i dont think theres anyone whos been great for them. From plymouth maybe the keepers been ok and of course Mackie as others have suggested. First and foremost this summer i would be trying to make sure that as many of the players who've been here on lone are here again next season either on loan again or signed up.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 03, 2010, 12:29:37 pm by 5minstogo »
From Wednesday-

Lee Grant - excellent keeper, he'll go somewhere else though.
Darren Potter - on SO'Ds radar when Greeny went.
James O'Connor - Another of SO'Ds old boys, a midfield grafter.

From Plymouth-

Rory Fallon - a great target man but with a decent bit of skill.  Not a one trick pony by any means.

From Peterborough-

Joe Lewis - another excellent keeper destined for the Premier League. Coached by one \"Mad\" Baz Richardson.

Out of all of these I think the most likely would be Fallon but would expect SO'D identified targets months ago and we could all be surprised.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 03, 2010, 01:10:11 pm by RoversAlias »
If we signed James O'Connor it'd be well confusing! We'd have to get all media outlets to refer to them both as 'Ginger O'Connor' and 'Baldy O'Connor' respectively.

NigelJ

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on May 03, 2010, 05:02:33 pm by NigelJ »
kybone wrote:
I didnt know much about the wednesday squad before yesterday to be fair. I did think that, on paper, they seemed to have a descent squad.

You're right on that point!  :laugh:  :laugh:

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 03, 2010, 05:17:42 pm by northern soul »
The one Wednesday player that seems to have drifted under the radar is Sean McCallister.

He can pass, he's young, and he small. His only downfall to our prototype is that he can tackle. He'll only be on cheap wages, but has a good future in front of him.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012