Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:15:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sod in Eastern europe  (Read 3046 times)

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
Sod in Eastern europe
« on May 18, 2010, 05:29:53 pm by Sprotyrover »
Radio Sheffield today announced that SOD is currently in Eastern Europe looking at a couple of players.

Anybody got any ideas?

Poland perhaps? which leagues are still playing? B)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
Re:Sod in Eastern europe
« Reply #1 on May 18, 2010, 06:07:43 pm by wilts rover »
I wouldn't get your hopes up to high if I were you, didnt he go there last summer and all we ended up with was an Austrian 2nd division player who started 1 game all season.

Hope he doesnt get stuck with this volcanic ash cloud or he may be there a while.

jw2

« Reply #2 on May 18, 2010, 06:23:50 pm by jw2 »
Sprotyrover wrote:
Radio Sheffield today announced that SOD is currently in Eastern Europe looking at a couple of players.

Anybody got any ideas?

The unearthed gems are scattered around europe and who know maybe 1 will be pulled out of the bag.
If sod likes em then i like em.   :)

Good to see we are searching all over for new talent.    ;)

Infact remember last season were we not linked with a polish striker and a swedish player,mario simnuovic or somat like that anyway.   :S

stockholmrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 18, 2010, 08:10:43 pm by stockholmrover »
Not Exactly Eastern Europe but league here in Sweden runs from April to October so maybe he is looking at some over here...what was the name of that guy we were interested in around Xmas last year?

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 18, 2010, 08:13:52 pm by dumbroofer »
santa claus ....sorry will get me coat

jw2

« Reply #5 on May 18, 2010, 09:26:04 pm by jw2 »
jw2 wrote:
Sprotyrover wrote:

Anybody got any ideas?

The unearthed gems are scattered around europe and who know maybe 1 will be pulled out of the bag.
If sod likes em then i like em.   :)

Good to see we are searching all over for new talent.    ;)

Infact remember last season were we not linked with a polish striker and a swedish player,mario simnuovic or somat like that anyway.   :S

Im pretty sure it was some guy who went buy the name off.
Mario Simnouvic,Or something like that anyway.    :blush:

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 18, 2010, 10:06:51 pm by RobTheRover »
Yes, it was, and Roman Kienast too.

Also the Estonian international, who's name escapes me.  Got man of the match v Brazil last year.

DonnyEl

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 18, 2010, 10:38:26 pm by DonnyEl »
also heard he were after a polish striker called radoslaw matusiak around the same time. looked fairly decent

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 18, 2010, 11:10:34 pm by Barmby Rover »
RobTheRover wrote:

Also the Estonian international, who's name escapes me.  Got man of the match v Brazil last year.

Well done RTR, I was waiting for the first mention of Roman, and you are the first one I spotted!

I think we all ought to calm down and wait, remember the last time this happened it produced........................................................................................... ......Nothing!  :unsure:  :laugh:

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 18, 2010, 11:14:09 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
He's after a big hard tackling Russian guvnor from Zenit St Petersburg. Ivan Astistriyk.

Failing getting that one, his back-up plan is to go for Yuri Goinome-Ina-Moscoambulans or his team mate Igor Asetostudswiyournameonitcocker.

danrover82

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 19, 2010, 08:16:03 am by danrover82 »
He's probably after no one from out there and just a expenses paid holiday watching football at the same time ;)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 19, 2010, 09:41:28 am by MrFrost »
RobTheRover wrote:

Was it Sander Puri?
His performance against Brazil was sensational.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 19, 2010, 10:14:02 am by Drover »
MrFrost wrote:
RobTheRover wrote:

Was it Sander Puri?
His performance against Brazil was sensational.

It seems Puri has signed a 5 year contract with greek side Larissa FC after being close to signing for Borussia Dortmund twice in 2008 and Celtic in 2009.Touted has the Baltic Arjen Robben.Don't think we will have had a realistic chance of signing him looking at that.Mind you looking at Greece's economic meltdown he may rue the decision to move to Greece.
Just noticed Larissa's Goalkeeper is Dino Seremet  :blink: the keeper we loaned from Luton Town and only stayed for 1 game,rumour at the time was he felt he was to good for a pub team  :laugh: .It made me smirk when I read this quote on Wiki \"Seremet signed a two-year contract with Larissa on May 30, 2008. Upon signing, he declared himself very happy to make his dream come true to play for such a big and well-supported club.\"  :laugh:  :laugh:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012