Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 08:25:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Without wishing to be set upon...  (Read 2587 times)

Rovin Reporter

Without wishing to be set upon...
« on June 10, 2010, 11:13:36 am by Rovin Reporter »
Are we NOW in a mini crisis? No Shackle , Ward, Roberts ( Kennady) Oster undewr the knife? what next Sharp going to Leeds!! In S'OD WE TREST!! :blink:  :blink:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Shornton

• Forum Member
Re:Without wishing to be set upon...
« Reply #1 on June 10, 2010, 11:22:17 am by Shornton »
I know, they're the only players available in the world to buy. Crisis!!!

Chrisd_123

« Reply #2 on June 10, 2010, 11:23:30 am by Chrisd_123 »
It's not just the fact we havn't signed anyone. It's also that we hardly have any players to begin with.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 10, 2010, 11:29:44 am by Thinwhiteduke »
Chrisd_123 wrote:
It's not just the fact we havn't signed anyone. It's also that we hardly have any players to begin with.

JR's comments in the Free Press take some beating / believing

\"There are a few irons in the fire but a lot of people are ion holiday at present and I can't see anything happening until late next week at the earliest\"

Well John, same rules apply to other Clubs - it doesnt stop them making signings. Poor excuse for lack of activity. His other point:

\"Sean O Driscoll has four of five targets for the left back role and Kennedy WAS only one of them\"

From that we can be pretty sure he's decided another Club is a better prospect than us then? As for the other 4 or 5 targets - Ill believe it when I see it.

en aitch

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 10, 2010, 12:12:32 pm by en aitch »
Or .... if you'd listened to Heff's interview last night - he spoke of the uncertainty because there were lots of players without a contract and it's a worrying time all round.

Just shut down your PC's and go away from here until August, then log in to see who we have in the squad .... because whoever we do or don't sign it won't be on the recommendation of any of the gobshites on here!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on June 10, 2010, 12:17:33 pm by silent majority »
en aitch wrote:
Or .... if you'd listened to Heff's interview last night - he spoke of the uncertainty because there were lots of players without a contract and it's a worrying time all round.

Just shut down your PC's and go away from here until August, then log in to see who we have in the squad .... because whoever we do or don't sign it won't be on the recommendation of any of the gobshites on here!

Well I wouldn't have put it as strongly as that, but I agree with the sentiments. No club is spending significant amounts of money and no club has the strength in depth that we all crave. Just take a look at the lists of players released and you'll see every club is sailing in the same boat.

PACMAN

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 10, 2010, 12:26:28 pm by PACMAN »
According to Alan Irvine on Radio Deedar yesterday he has received the available player lists from the PFA and there are 10 pages of released players and 16 pages of out of contract. Plenty to go at then!!

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 10, 2010, 12:28:45 pm by Alan Southstand »
But how many with the qualities that SOD desires and in the positions that we need?

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 10, 2010, 12:55:57 pm by Bessie Red »
Only one man knows that & he aint going to tell us!!!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 10, 2010, 01:02:39 pm by MrFrost »
Thinwhiteduke wrote:
Chrisd_123 wrote:

JR's comments in the Free Press take some beating / believing

\"There are a few irons in the fire but a lot of people are ion holiday at present and I can't see anything happening until late next week at the earliest\"

Well John, same rules apply to other Clubs - it doesnt stop them making signings. Poor excuse for lack of activity. His other point:

\"Sean O Driscoll has four of five targets for the left back role and Kennedy WAS only one of them\"

From that we can be pretty sure he's decided another Club is a better prospect than us then? As for the other 4 or 5 targets - Ill believe it when I see it.

I hate \"irons in the fire\" phrase.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on June 10, 2010, 01:15:50 pm by bobjimwilly »
Rovin Reporter, I've deleted your other thread that had a different title but same first post as this one - try to avoid starting multiple threads on the same topic please.

Thanks.

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #11 on June 10, 2010, 02:33:47 pm by Rovin Reporter »
OOPS!!

Jonathan

« Reply #12 on June 10, 2010, 03:05:21 pm by Jonathan »
MrFrost wrote:

I hate \"irons in the fire\" phrase.

Maybe it's smoke and mirrors.  ;)

Don't worry too much at this stage though, as it said in the Free Press this morning, SO'D has an extensive shopping list. It was the same last year when we picked out Quinton Fortune - he was just below the bread and milk.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on June 10, 2010, 03:26:24 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Rovin Reporter wrote:
In S'OD WE TREST!! :blink:  :blink:

Is this the Serf Efricen eccent we hev to use fer der nixt menth den?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012