Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 05:50:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: For the Bike Nuts among us  (Read 2146 times)

GM-MarkB

For the Bike Nuts among us
« on June 11, 2010, 11:22:00 pm by GM-MarkB »
Been watching ITV4's coverage of the Isle of Man TT races all week. Seriously thinking of going next year, been about 20 years since I last went.

Anyway just wanted to say what an fantastic achievement from Yorkshireman, Ian Hutchinson in becoming the first man ever to win 5 TT races in a week. He has been a class above everyone else this week, absolutely outstanding.

Also best wished to Guy Martin, whose crash stopped today's Senior TT and to Conor Cummins who crashed out whilst racing Hutchy for the lead. Get well soon lads.

After watching that all week, plus MotoGP, World and British Superbikes, I don't know how anyone can call F1 exciting  :dry:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re:For the Bike Nuts among us
« Reply #1 on June 12, 2010, 07:23:21 am by RobTheRover »
Thats because F1 isnt exciting.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 12, 2010, 07:24:20 am by Donnywolf »
Got to agree with you - I have been to TT Daytona and UK Tracks watching Bikes (back to Mick Grant days) and some F1 Grand Prixs including Monaco GP 1992 and they are just not comparable.

F1 has not helped itself this time around with the rules changes particularly the \"carry all your fuel\" one. This has further cut down overtaking opportunities and the Bahrain opener was DREADFUL. I went to pick up Mrs DW from her Mothers and she asked who won. I dont know I said as I turned off with 7 laps to go

The irony is that we are probably hoping now for more pit stops next season to allow more overtaking though this is usually in the Pits

Changing tack slightly but with the TT - I think the coverage is now brilliant - perhaps less super slow-mo showing us bikes flexing but that apart good coverage of a good event - just how the hell do the riders remember a Track that long ?

GM-MarkB

« Reply #3 on June 12, 2010, 07:30:31 am by GM-MarkB »
If you'vve never seen the TT, watch this...it's insane  ;)

Guy Martin TT lap

GM-MarkB

« Reply #4 on June 12, 2010, 07:35:51 am by GM-MarkB »
GM-MarkB wrote:
If you'vve never seen the TT, watch this...it's insane  ;)

Guy Martin TT lap

His commentary is quite amusing too...

\"That's a real man's corner\"  :laugh:

BLIR

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 13, 2010, 10:04:17 am by BLIR »
I went last year, and have been twice in the past 4 years. Brilliant atmosphere, loads of pubs full of sweaty biker types and millions of pounds worth of shit hot bikes to gawp at.

Usually go in a tent, but have vowed never to do that again. Me and camping do not mix!!!!!

You never truly realise how brave/stupid these guys are until you've stood next to the road and witnessed them hurtle past at breakneck speed.

If anyone does want to go I would recommend going sooner rather than later - it's sadly only a matter of time before the event gets cancelled (in my opinion) because of the relatively poor safety record. There's no run-off area, if the riders lose control they're likely into a wall or a lamp post and at those kind of speeds it's often fatal. The authorities won't allow it to continue for ever.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012