Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:26:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Quorn Away  (Read 4116 times)

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
Quorn Away
« on July 04, 2010, 07:32:17 pm by DRFC-Hanksie »
Is there a minibus or something going to this game?

Doubt there'll be enough interest for a coach.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re:Quorn Away
« Reply #1 on July 04, 2010, 07:36:12 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Where is it?  I might drive if A. I can be arsed, B. It isn't far.

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 05, 2010, 06:12:59 pm by DRFC-Hanksie »
I'm just weirdly enough drawn to go to it.

retford rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 05, 2010, 09:20:05 pm by retford rover »
quorn is actually in leicestershire, but as you say playing at the universtiy  of warwickshire
no mini coach going yet,  but want to run a coach to solihull moor green  if enough interest

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 07, 2010, 11:36:42 am by VivaRovers »
Despite being at the Uni of Warwick for a meeting last Friday I still can't fathom where on their cmapus this will be played. I speak with their University sports administrator regularly so have just sent him a message to try and work out where exactly this match is taking place.

The fields at Uni of Warwick are in great condition, indeed whilst I was there for a meeting in their pavilion the England Under 19 squad were training on one of them.

When I've got the details I'll whack them on here and Viva Rovers

Joy Division Oven Gloves

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 08, 2010, 01:11:47 pm by Joy Division Oven Gloves »
My daughter was at a training camp with England u17s at Warwick University last month, and they played at the Cryfield Sports Pitches for a friendly international. Great pitch, with a pavilion, dugouts and grass banking to watch from, wouldn't have though it was ideal for Millwall v FC Sparta though ...

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 09, 2010, 05:33:16 pm by The Red Baron »
I have a feeling the game may now be at Quorn's ground- see below:

http://www.quornfc.com/news.htm

Monday 12th July Quorn v Crewe Alexandra
See the Stars of the Future?
The new season kicks off on Monday the 12th of July with Crewe the visitors, making a welcome return to the Farley Way Stadium.

The match starts at 7-30 but before the kick off there will be a mini soccer game between East Goscote Gunners and Sileby Stingrays.

This game kicks off at 6-30 so why not come down early and see tomorrows stars of Quorn.

This is a new initiative to get more people involved in Quorn Football Club and if it goes well we will ask other clubs in the Charnwood area to come and get involved.

Two days later Quorn continue their pre-season with Doncaster Rovers the visitors again with a 7-30 ko. Normal admission prices apply for both games, with U/14's Admitted Free

Address & Map:

http://www.quornfc.com/address.htm

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 10, 2010, 05:45:00 pm by VivaRovers »
Odd one this RB, as my man at Uni of Warwick says its down for a 7:30pm on their pitch by the Cryfield Pavilion. Given that there are no floodlights at Cryfield then they'd be gambling on a light-night.

Also as JDOG points out, all that surrounds the field is grass banking on two sides and a pavilion at the top of the banking. Not an obvious location, given that they won't be able to charge an admission of any sorts.

If it is here, then I would imagine Rovers are at Warwick for the whole day for a training camp and then simply sourced local opposition to round off the day with a game.

If it is at Cryfield, those travelling by public transport would be avised to get the train to Coventry, and then the Nbr 12 bus to Uni of Warwick campus, which is on the outskirts of the city, and not in Warwick

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 10, 2010, 07:35:49 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
The OS states that the match will be at Sutton Park. Is that in Sutton Coldfield? Guess the location of a Rovers' friendly and win five pounds or a weekend for two with Dave Morris.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 11, 2010, 12:04:17 am by VivaRovers »
There is a Sutton Park in Sutton Coldfield Stu, but Sutton Park is also Quorn's home ground, in Quorn, so it would seem The Red Baron was right.

And, now I'll have to find something else to do with my Wednesday evening

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 11, 2010, 11:46:31 am by DRFC-Hanksie »
So were playing at Quorns proper ground now? Hmm.

Anyone going to this? Wouldn't mind going to this if anyone has a spare seat in car.

Old Popsider

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 11, 2010, 01:45:32 pm by Old Popsider »
Sorry to state the obvious - why doesn't someone ring the Rovers to find out?

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 13, 2010, 01:19:46 pm by i_ateallthepies »
DRFC-Hanksie wrote:
So were playing at Quorns proper ground now? Hmm.

Anyone going to this? Wouldn't mind going to this if anyone has a spare seat in car.

I'm thinking of going Hanksie you're welcome to join me.  Anyone else interested PM me.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012