Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 09:51:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Cheltenham game  (Read 5081 times)

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
Re: Let's talk about the Cheltenham game
« Reply #60 on October 23, 2021, 04:39:19 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Alfie May scores & holds his hands up in ‘apology’ CIM says.

Class.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on October 23, 2021, 04:48:26 pm by Colin C No.3 »
The 3 ‘Amigo’s’ on now as Andy Williams joins Matty & Alfie.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on October 23, 2021, 05:51:42 pm by i_ateallthepies »
I'd have Alfie and Matty back in a heartbeat.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on October 23, 2021, 06:01:20 pm by Colin C No.3 »
We did offer Matty a contract, true as with most playing staff at the time it was for less money than he was currently on so for that reason or others he turned it down.

Matty had a lot of other personal issues to deal with while he was with us & maybe he thought new pastures would help with his ‘healing process’ but yes, I’d have him back ‘yesterday’ too.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on October 23, 2021, 06:07:20 pm by eastender »
We did offer Matty a contract, true as with most playing staff at the time it was for less money than he was currently on so for that reason or others he turned it down.

Matty had a lot of other personal issues to deal with while he was with us & maybe he thought new pastures would help with his ‘healing process’ but yes, I’d have him back ‘yesterday’ too.

His family were in the restaurant, and his dad told my mate that Matty wanted to stay , but the Money DM offered him was derisory.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on October 23, 2021, 06:33:04 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Job done today. Would like us to build some belief after scoring 3 goals today and work on a few things when trying to close a game out. A bit naive at times  but overall, a very encouraging performance with Galbraith being the standout player. Very good performance from Dodoo too. Bit by bit, we're starting to look like a team rather than a bunch of individuals.

We have some way to go to match the top teams but becoming a mid table team should be achievable. That's progress.

Bring on Cambridge.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on October 23, 2021, 07:50:11 pm by drfchound »
I was out of my seat today on more occasions than in the whole of the season today.
Great excitement and good to watch.
Rovers were streets better than Cheltenham in the first half but credit should be given to our visitors for their last half hour performance.
Bostock was superb and I can’t remember him giving the ball away at all.
Massive praise to him as well for him walking round the pitch on the touch lines and behind the goal on his lap of honour.
He was smiling and waving and shouting to the fans.
Brilliant and that will endear him to the crowd.
I have asked elsewhere, but does anyone know when we last held a 3-0 lead before today..
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 08:00:20 pm by drfchound »

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on October 23, 2021, 07:56:09 pm by GazLaz »
Entertaining game, we took our chances but we weren’t brilliant. Cheltenham were unlucky to lose. They missed about 5 very good chances. We deserve a bit of luck. Hope Rowe’s injury isn’t too bad.

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on October 23, 2021, 09:26:19 pm by Bailey Vickerage »
Brilliant for 80-85 mins then started to panic a bit. Wasn’t too much difference between today and most other games this season tbh apart from we took our chances.

Galbraith was a class above playing out of position as well as Olowu, Bostock controlled the game in midfield and Anderson and Williams dealt with everything that came their way.

Onto another massive game on Tuesday now, win that and we will be 1 point off safety with a game in hand and only 3 points off 15th.

Also, good to see Williams and Blair back at the keepmoat but Cheltenham were poor until Alfie May came on, said when he left that we shouldn’t have got rid and really do think he’s the type of player RW wants in them wide areas and he always gives 100%. Good luck to all 3.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012